how to unistall clearview? - RC Groups
Dec 28, 2006, 05:44 PM
Discussion

how to unistall clearview?

i uninstalled it, and reinstalled it and it still keep saying that i got 0 seconds left.

i dont like that program i want remove the programm fully.
why the uninstall dont remove all?

i want my reg like it was before install this program i dont want keep my register embossed with that data, how to remove that?

by the way: why this program want's connect to internet ?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2006, 06:09 PM
"Start"->"Control Panel"->"Add/Remove Programs"->"ClearView"->"Uninstal"->"OK" - and that is all to it - it will be uninstalled from your system.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
Dec 28, 2006, 09:09 PM
but not fully uninstalled.

now my reg is soiled with entrys that were not before installation.
Last edited by wallaguest1; Dec 28, 2006 at 09:15 PM.
Dec 28, 2006, 10:07 PM
Well then just restore the registry. You aren't trolling, are you?
Dec 28, 2006, 10:31 PM
i didnt made a copy of registry before install this sh*t,

skirtz use c++ ! java suxs.
Dec 28, 2006, 11:08 PM
RIP Sheba :(
If your on a Windows XP system, do a system restore - control panel - system - system restore tab.

Pick a restore point before you installed Clearview.

Rob
Dec 28, 2006, 11:20 PM
if i do that other programs that i installed after clearview, will not work.
Dec 29, 2006, 12:13 AM
RIP Sheba :(
1) Backup other programs data, system restore, re-install other programs, restore other program's data.

or,

2) Live with your Clearview problem.
Dec 29, 2006, 12:19 AM
And what problem would that be? I tried CV (wouldn't run on my vid card) and uninstalled it. No bad effects after.

Walla, what exactly is CV doing to other pgms. that you need to clean the registry?
Dec 29, 2006, 12:56 AM
yes, like other programs it soil the registry with entrys i will not use after uninstall this program.

but we are not talking about the other programs,
the other programs usually give a demo that you can fully uninstall.
Clearview give the full version limited to 40 min and 1 scenary, and it keep entry's to detect if program is used more than 40 minuts.

i dont want 40 minuts more, i want just uninstall any file associated to this program.

and why when i installed clearview, firewall told me that it want connect to internet?
so??? why it do that? why it need connect to net?

i think the single way to solve this problem is format c:
Dec 29, 2006, 01:04 AM
T-REX450SE T-REX600CF
I work for a software developement company and most programs (including ours) do leave registry entries after a 'uninstall' has been completed. This is not unusual for ClearViewRC or any other program. The entries left in the registry are not loaded dynamically and do not take up space so are not 'clogging' up your system. If you would like to remove them, then use a registry cleaner program and run it to clean any orphaned registry entries.

Otherwise, learn how the registry works and how to edit it and simply remove the entries located under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SVKSystems
which are the only ones directly associated with ClearViewRC.
Dec 29, 2006, 01:19 AM
With all respect to you and your feelings, and with a chance to be flamed again on this forum, I want to provide explanation to the issues you have risen here:

I can tell you that ClearView does not connect in any form to the internet to send any data except in case when the multyplay feature is used and then the data sent is only between the parties using the program and that data contains only model coordinates and other information that is needed for the multiplay.

Now, on your other issue:

- According to your first post, you have used the 40 minutes free trial time, uninstalled the program and then installed it again with the expectation that the program will "forget" that you have used the free trial time and will provide another 40 min. trial time. Because this was not the case, looks like you are upset at the situation. The program is designed to remember that on your computer the trial time have expired. How is this wrong? Please read the license that you agreed on before installing the program. If you agreed to the license, you agreed to the stated fact that the program will use a mechanism to remember it's state in order to maintain the license protection. It seems to me that you can't complain for something that you have accepted in order to install the program. If you had any issues with that you should not have selected "I Agree" and the installation would be aborted, leaving your computer in it's original pristine state.

Stefan
Dec 29, 2006, 01:21 AM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SVKSystems

is already removed.

but if i reinstall clearview it still detect that 40 min as been passed, so there should be more files or entrys to remove. Entrys that i dont want.

dont worry skirtz i dont want 40 min more to play your sim,
i just want my windows like it was.
Dec 29, 2006, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz
- According to your first post, you have used the 40 minutes free trial time, uninstalled the program and then installed it again with the expectation that the program will "forget" that you have used the free trial time and will provide another 40 min. trial time. Because this was not the case, looks like you are upset at the situation. The program is designed to remember that on your computer the trial time have expired. How is this wrong? Please read the license that you agreed on before installing the program. If you agreed to the license, you agreed to the stated fact that the program will use a mechanism to remember it's state in order to maintain the license protection. It seems to me that you can't complain for something that you have accepted in order to install the program. If you had any issues with that you should not have selected "I Agree" and the installation would be aborted, leaving your computer in it's original pristine state.

Stefan
both we know you got the reason,

but i want my computer like it was before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okey doesn't matter, i will format the HD.
Dec 29, 2006, 01:34 AM
There is no need whatsoever for you to format your hard drive. The program is uninstalled and that is all. Anyhow, wallaguest1, thanks for trying my program. I wrote the program so people enjoy the hobby more. I am sorry you did not like it.

Stefan
Last edited by skirtz; Dec 29, 2006 at 01:47 AM.