Thread Tools
Old Jul 01, 2008, 07:18 PM
AndreasB is offline
Find More Posts by AndreasB
Registered User
Yes. Finally someone pops that question. Is there ANY Hayate with flaps around? Now, I really do not have the money right now, but if I found a Ki-84 with those beautiful butterfly flaps on I would sell ... something, to get it.
Last edited by AndreasB; Jul 02, 2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2008, 11:39 PM
Bajora is offline
Find More Posts by Bajora
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
Still adding a few more details to my review 40 size Hayate
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2009, 09:45 PM
Funstuff is offline
Find More Posts by Funstuff
Registered User

my post maiden video


I am so excited about my recently finished 40e I just have to share this here. Hyperion has done a great job, and the build and weathering advice here in RC Groups have been great. Thanks all.

Cheers,
Rudy
Hyperion Hayate 40e (5 min 18 sec)
Old Mar 05, 2009, 10:01 PM
LuckyDuc is offline
Find More Posts by LuckyDuc
Registered User
LuckyDuc's Avatar
Looks great!
Old Mar 06, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thrawn150 is offline
Find More Posts by Thrawn150
Registered User
Thrawn150's Avatar
Nice video.
Old Mar 06, 2009, 06:24 PM
Funstuff is offline
Find More Posts by Funstuff
Registered User

Thanks for all the advice...here's my video


Thanks for watching.
You can check out other videos I've taken at my local club on Youtube as well. Just search for either faab2009 or hkmec.
Cheers,
Old Mar 29, 2009, 04:31 AM
Levendis is offline
Find More Posts by Levendis
Registered User
Levendis's Avatar

Thanks Rudy


Hyperion/Dave - please don't give up on those glass 40-sized birds you're working on...p40, mustang, whatever. Very popular out here. (although it would be wonderful if you could throw in a few more simple details like exhausts, dummy radials where appropropriate, etc.. that'd be great...)

Rudy
Thanks for posting this - look forward to putting those birds up in the air again!

Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funstuff
Thanks for watching.
You can check out other videos I've taken at my local club on Youtube as well. Just search for either faab2009 or hkmec.
Cheers,
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:17 PM
QuietRCFly is offline
Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
All electric, all the time!
QuietRCFly's Avatar
Next up from NipponDave and the folks at Hyperion is the FW-190 25e followed by the P-40 25e, but then they are working on Stuka 40e and the P-51 40e, so they are in developement. Mid May, along with the FW-190, they will be releasing a (non-warbird) Wolf Samson II 70e bipe for those interested.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:54 AM
Funstuff is offline
Find More Posts by Funstuff
Registered User
Leo,
I can't wait to do the 6-warbirds sortie again, and will have to get that on video this time. Got to get some new lipos quickly though. My old ones just died on me.
Rudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendis
Hyperion/Dave - please don't give up on those glass 40-sized birds you're working on...p40, mustang, whatever. Very popular out here. (although it would be wonderful if you could throw in a few more simple details like exhausts, dummy radials where appropropriate, etc.. that'd be great...)

Rudy
Thanks for posting this - look forward to putting those birds up in the air again!

Leo
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:54 AM
NipponDave is offline
Find More Posts by NipponDave
http://www.aircraft-world
NipponDave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendis
Hyperion/Dave - please don't give up on those glass 40-sized birds you're working on...p40, mustang, whatever. Very popular out here. (although it would be wonderful if you could throw in a few more simple details like exhausts, dummy radials where appropropriate, etc.. that'd be great...)
Leo
You bet, Leo. We've been steadily increasing the scale content with each release, as keen observers have noted... Wait till you see the Stuka... Btw, the Stuka will be wood fuselage, to help keep weight down and because the Stuka shape can be done very well in wood and that allows a printed covering. But it has a lot of glass parts, such as the landing gear, cannon (it's a G2 version), etc...

David

PS: I've been flying a "near final" prototype this week, and am really happy with the performance. No bad habits at all (a relief, after reading about some other Stuka models), and a real floater on landing. Slows down nicely even without flaps. Flap testing (for efficacy and elevator mix required per angle) this week if weather is good...
Last edited by NipponDave; Mar 30, 2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:56 AM
sting35 is offline
Find More Posts by sting35
I need more ceiling!!!
sting35's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
You bet, Leo. We've been steadily increasing the scale content with each release, as keen observers have noted... Wait till you see the Stuka...

David
Crud, at least wait til my tax refund comes, Dave.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:40 AM
mackone is offline
Find More Posts by mackone
"the bouncer"
mackone's Avatar
Looks like I'll have to order more bombs Dave !!!!

Unreal !
Old Mar 30, 2009, 01:30 PM
GuppyG is offline
Find More Posts by GuppyG
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
PS: I've been flying a "near final" prototype this week, and am really happy with the performance. No bad habits at all (a relief, after reading about some other Stuka models), and a real floater on landing. Slows down nicely even without flaps. Flap testing (for efficacy and elevator mix required per angle) this week if weather is good...
Awesome, what is the ETA of the Stuka? Will it use the same power system as the Hayate?

Thanks,
Scott.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 03:03 PM
NipponDave is offline
Find More Posts by NipponDave
http://www.aircraft-world
NipponDave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyG
Awesome, what is the ETA of the Stuka? Will it use the same power system as the Hayate?

Thanks,
Scott.
We're about 99% sure that it won't. Our new ZS3025 series is much more powerful than the average motor in the same class, and will allow us to save both weight and cost-to-user when installed in the Stuka (compared to a 4020 motor). Even with a 10x7 prop and only 32A peak on 3S, the Stuka flies strongly on the ZS3025-08 (i.e. "more power than scale") and I'll start propping up next week to about 45A~50A peak to see how the vertical goes. I'm guessing it will be very good, with big, round loops and 40-degrees or better fast climbs... And the motor could handle 70A peak with good efficiency averages, so there won't be a deficit of power no matter your preferences, I think.

No promises on ETA. But I "hope" (repeat, "hope") it will be on shelves in about 5 months.

P51 40e will use Z4020 or ZS4020, like Hayate 40e. Those were very fast airplanes in their day (unlike the pokey Stuka) and the 4020 gives big headroom for insane speed setups...


Cheers,

David
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:17 PM
GuppyG is offline
Find More Posts by GuppyG
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
We're about 99% sure that it won't. Our new ZS3025 series is much more powerful than the average motor in the same class, and will allow us to save both weight and cost-to-user when installed in the Stuka (compared to a 4020 motor). Even with a 10x7 prop and only 32A peak on 3S, the Stuka flies strongly on the ZS3025-08 (i.e. "more power than scale") and I'll start propping up next week to about 45A~50A peak to see how the vertical goes. I'm guessing it will be very good, with big, round loops and 40-degrees or better fast climbs... And the motor could handle 70A peak with good efficiency averages, so there won't be a deficit of power no matter your preferences, I think.

No promises on ETA. But I "hope" (repeat, "hope") it will be on shelves in about 5 months.
Even better... I'm quite happy with my Hayate 40 on the recommended power system and I've always wanted a Stuka. A cheaper power solution is even better since most people have plenty of 3 cell's laying around.

I'm looking forward to it.
Scott.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Hyperion KI-84 Hayate 25e Hayate Electric Warbirds 440 Aug 31, 2016 12:14 AM
Video Hyperion KI-84 25e Maiden Hayate Electric Plane Talk 2 Jan 01, 2007 04:53 PM
Video Hyperion Ki-84 retracts Hayate Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 23, 2006 07:17 PM
Discussion Was the Alpha Ki-84 hayate discontinued? jbrundt Electric Warbirds 2 Jun 03, 2006 11:40 AM
Yippee! Alfa Ki-84 Hayate finished Ascolta Electric Warbirds 6 May 20, 2006 11:37 PM