This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 25, 2006, 07:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Stall of death

So flew the fastest ever today. Got it probably faster than Mr. Arlton intended it to go. The tail starts wagging quite a bit when it's maxed out and when going fast enough, it seems to spin out of control.

Had the first experience with death stalls today. The idea is to get moving very fast from left to right. Then pull up hard when it's at 12 oclock. Without a heading hold gyro, it yaws either nose-in or nose-out, usually indeterminable.
This seems to be the cause of the 2 latest crashes. The only solution is to watch where it goes after the yaw and assume the nose is pointing into it.

So considered a Canon A530 or a new Sanyo HD1 for copter photography. Decided the best route is instead of buying more cameras, to focus on developing an autopilot system. Copter photography isn't going to get much better with humans at the controls, no matter how wide the lens is or good the motion tracking is.

Hopefully autopilot technology is advanced enough for a properly armored human to walk up to it and grab it in a hover, eliminating the need for landing gear.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2006, 11:48 PM
Looks nice, I remember when I would bring my Corona to the point when the tail was perpendicular with the ground the tail would wag really hard trying to hold in place. I hear that it is actully possible to do a flip with the Corona if you pick up enough speed.

Quick Reply