May 23, 2009, 11:19 PM
Use whatcha got!
I was lucky enough to inherit the Vickers Wellesley above, quite some time back.

It's been hangar'd up on my loft in the shed for some time now. I can finally climb a ladder again, and brought it down this evening. Put a 20T Lens RC motor up front and hope to have some scale maneuvers in the morning (if the weather holds out!)

-ms
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2009, 05:23 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Whoa!!!! Haven't seen that one in a long time!!!! I always loved this plane for it's glider-like proportions... Good flier too !!!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
May 24, 2009, 01:34 PM
gpw
gpw
...and speaking of glider-like ....MS flew the Welly today ...He had to fly it in a more glider-like manner due to those Long wings ... not like a Dart eh MS??? hahahaha
May 24, 2009, 06:28 PM
Use whatcha got!
Definitely not like dart. I actually had to fly it on the wing instead of on the prop!

Whats that nonsense all about?

Seriously though... Awesome profile, design, and really just fun to glide around the field.
May 25, 2009, 06:40 AM
gpw
gpw
Flying on the wing.....hahahahahahahahahaha
Jul 01, 2015, 08:35 AM
gpw
gpw
Had a recurring dream about building another one of these ... Must be telling me to build a glider ... and give it a funny paint job ....
Oct 08, 2018, 02:25 PM
gpw
gpw
Had that Dream again ( 3 years later ) … something strangely attractive about this plane … or is it just “Strange” … Must build another …
Oct 09, 2018, 07:27 PM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Had that Dream again ( 3 years later ) … something strangely attractive about this plane … or is it just “Strange” … Must build another …
Build another! 😀
Oct 10, 2018, 05:44 AM
gpw
gpw
OW,, Yes we must … But the list is so long …. still ...
Oct 10, 2018, 09:16 AM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
OW,, Yes we must … But the list is so long …. still ...
I have plans stacked up for the build list.
Oct 10, 2018, 03:33 PM
gpw
gpw
OW, it’s all part of the addiction … hahaha

Here’s a nice plan we found , tail surfaces already size compensated for our scale Air … i can’t read it , but it looks like an old control line plan drawn by who looks like Walt Musciano … ( A True Master Modeler ) …. Seems there were several variations so nothing is “sacred”… and it’s gliderlike proportions make it a sweet slow flier … My profile version was very simple to make and very strong …
Last edited by gpw; Oct 13, 2018 at 06:10 AM.
Oct 13, 2018, 06:22 AM
gpw
gpw
Colored Sharpies for decorations , anything’s possible ..
Oct 13, 2018, 02:29 PM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Beautiful plans, I might make one out of DTFB!
Oct 14, 2018, 06:12 AM
gpw
gpw
OW, Plenty of time to build one …. we’re starting "the building season” … This one might too lightly loaded for windy winter weather … But it would be great for indoor flying ...
Oct 14, 2018, 09:45 AM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
OW, Plenty of time to build one …. we’re starting "the building season” … This one might too lightly loaded for windy winter weather … But it would be great for indoor flying ...
I sadly have no places to fly indoors. But in front of my house we have about 10-20 acres where I fly the foamies in the winter. We get lots of wind in the summer and none in the winter.

Quick Reply