Dec 27, 2006, 06:20 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
"Sort of like if Jerry Garcia flew for the RAF." Remind me to tell you a funny true story about Jerry and the boys, and how your humble narrator almost became part of the situation why the Dead wouldn't go back to New Orleans .... musician story ... Long time ago in a galaxy far away .... seems like anyway (from the narratives . My Ill Spent Youth... to be published after my demise... )
MS ... How should I know ???? The Mac for DUMMIES book , guess who they wrote it for .... OK, guess again ...
gigs ???Got to go to the Guitar shop today to for some design work (acoustic bracing ), will be home in the early afternoon ... call anytime ...

saw an ipod sorta thing with 300 gigs ..... what in the wide world of sports do you need 300 gigs for ????????

The "Welley" is one of those strange planes , that you know is gonna' be good for one thing only .... slow relaxing flying ....after all these alien artifacts , I need something relaxing ... and some good weather would be nice .... and warmth ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2006, 02:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
"Sort of like if Jerry Garcia flew for the RAF." Remind me to tell you a funny true story about Jerry and the boys, and how your humble narrator almost became part of the situation why the Dead wouldn't go back to New Orleans .... musician story ... Long time ago in a galaxy far away .... seems like anyway (from the narratives . My Ill Spent Youth... to be published after my demise... )
MS ... How should I know ???? The Mac for DUMMIES book , guess who they wrote it for .... OK, guess again ...
gigs ???Got to go to the Guitar shop today to for some design work (acoustic bracing ), will be home in the early afternoon ... call anytime ...

saw an ipod sorta thing with 300 gigs ..... what in the wide world of sports do you need 300 gigs for ????????

The "Welley" is one of those strange planes , that you know is gonna' be good for one thing only .... slow relaxing flying ....after all these alien artifacts , I need something relaxing ... and some good weather would be nice .... and warmth ...
Is that like "Busted, down on Bourbon Street..."?

Bill
Dec 27, 2006, 02:28 PM
gpw
gpw
Almost !!!!! We used to get into concerts Free in the old days by showing UP early and helping the roadies.... They never refused us after all night on the road .... got to meet and party with the bands, hang around backstage,groupies (Aah!!! the 60's ).... that night , my "date' got sick and had to be brought home ... Bad choice of bands.... next gig was Guy Lombardo ...
Dec 28, 2006, 07:56 AM
gpw
gpw
More Pics ... .... the question : Landing gear or not ???? pros and cons , can't decide.... looks vs performance... AUW = 7.75 oz. w/o Batt....Floataaaaaaaah !!!!!
Last edited by gpw; Dec 28, 2006 at 12:23 PM.
Jan 01, 2007, 08:00 AM
gpw
gpw
Must have done something right !!!! The Welly' flew really nice from the first launch .... No trim was required(surprising ) , so must have gotten the CG right the first time .... Flew more or less like the conventional electric gliders sold today ... slow, smooth , very stable (hands off) and moved the cg further and further back , until I had it flying on the edge of a stall .... very slow and flat ... needs OrgFlo tips , cause it rises pretty quick , flying on the wing (Imagine???) Looks Cool in the air but scale details disappear from sight very quickly, the overall shape is still quite gliderish' ... It was a little breezy , when we maidened, and test flew.... I'd bet , built lightly , it'd be great indoors in calm air ....you could set the trims for a big slow circle and just walk away ...and I just gotta' get some landing gear ....
Jan 01, 2007, 12:06 PM
Use whatcha got!
Sorry I missed the maiden... We're going to have to hook up sometime this week to see about a lunchtime flying session.

-ms
Jan 01, 2007, 01:54 PM
gpw
gpw
MS , "They all axed for you "... HNY... Not only missed the maiden , but the band playing for the www.Woodlandstrail.com Party and 5k run ... Free food and BEER
Jan 01, 2007, 02:04 PM
Use whatcha got!
??? I thought you said you weren't going to be able to fly b/c of the gig...?

I must've misunderstood...

...call me on my cell when you get a chance. I've got some news...
Jan 02, 2007, 07:25 AM
gpw
gpw
MS, Thanks for the bomber info ....
If you guys like these long winged beauties , you may consider the German Ta 152 , alot prettier than this Welly...and as easy to construct as this one ...
Jan 03, 2007, 08:16 AM
gpw
gpw
Stole the landing gear off the FAT-E, which is now retired... fixed it to the VW fuselage under the wing ... not exactly scale , but protects the undersides from the tarmac...
Jan 07, 2007, 06:37 AM
gpw
gpw
The Welly' rogs like the real thing ... landing gear is a must ,even the non scale easy ones we chose to use ... Fun plane , just a big powered glider ...I'll try to make template patterns , and 3 view links available to interested parties , when I get my scanner working ...Good Luck , Have FUN !!!
Jan 07, 2007, 11:39 AM
new levees for NOLA

It Flew !!!!!!!

hey went out and saw it fly ......Cool
very good flier (was a blown around a little in the wind but flew fine)

here are some pics:
Jan 08, 2007, 06:21 AM
gpw
gpw
Thanks Adam , Nice Pics !!!! Dude , we have to get you a plane .... !!!
Jan 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
new levees for NOLA
yea i know i working on some right now

oh thanks for the compliment
Jan 19, 2007, 07:18 AM
gpw
gpw
Adam 13, we made some Darts yesterday , had an extra one lying about , MS suggested that you might be able to fly it with your eqpt ... We'll be there tomorrow , if it isn't too bad out...Will bring it then ... OK

Quick Reply