Dec 22, 2006, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

profile saab j35 Draken (kinda)

Ok while I am waiting for a plane to arrive by mail I thought I would throw a blue cor profile plane together. I will be "kinda" based on the saab j35 Draken. I will be replacing the single center vertical with two verticals spaced for a 6 to 7 in. prop to fit between them. It will be a pusher using the gws outrunner on a two cell, a larger prop(up to 9 in.) should fit though.

I took a 3 view and altered it a bit then tiled it.
WS is around 25 in. length is around 32 1/2.

Will post pics and flight report.

Comments welcome.

BTW: posting the pdf if anyone is interested but be aware it is just a hack job.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2006, 09:45 AM
Phlathead
Wow, this should make a really nice and fast pusher. I bet it would do well all the way down to an 18"WS. Might have to slap one together myself and put a 2409-12 on it. Ahh, too much to do!
Dec 22, 2006, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToast
Wow, this should make a really nice and fast pusher. I bet it would do well all the way down to an 18"WS. Might have to slap one together myself and put a 2409-12 on it. Ahh, too much to do!
I thought about a smaller W/S but I fly in my backyard alot so the bigger wing area should allow me to slow down some for tight landings.

Printed out,taping together now.
Dec 23, 2006, 09:11 AM
I looked at a pic of one of those the other day and thought it would make a cool model. Hope it works out well.

Good Luck!
Dec 23, 2006, 10:34 PM
Good work Logical,
But it may be a little harder to balance than my 24" Albacorde as the motor will further to the rear.
Thanks for posting it.
Bob
Dec 23, 2006, 11:11 PM
Thread OP
I am going to mount the motor toward the rear but not all the way in the back.
I got everything printed and cut out but I got sidetracked with another project.
Should finish it by Monday or Tuesday though.
Dec 24, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thread OP
Parts cut out.
Dec 26, 2006, 08:10 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Psycho .... beauty plane dude !!!! looks good so far .... schmaybe' want to make the fin a bit bigger eh ??? ......another "cranked" wing ... Cool .... Best of luck to you .... cause we're gonna' have to build one of these Just too cool !!!!
Questions : What happened to the back of the plane ???? Why a two piece Fuse????
Last edited by gpw; Dec 26, 2006 at 08:15 AM.
Dec 26, 2006, 08:19 AM
registered foam addict
wow! one of my favorite planes! those swedish engineers always had a good hand for exciting designs....

good luck LP, I'll be whatching!
Dec 26, 2006, 08:21 AM
gpw
gpw
"those swedish engineers always had a good hand for exciting designs...." and Blondes !!!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 26, 2006, 08:30 AM
registered foam addict
yes! and that compensates even for those godawful IKEA-furnitures!!!
Dec 26, 2006, 12:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Psycho .... beauty plane dude !!!! looks good so far .... schmaybe' want to make the fin a bit bigger eh ??? ......another "cranked" wing ... Cool .... Best of luck to you .... cause we're gonna' have to build one of these Just too cool !!!!
Questions : What happened to the back of the plane ???? Why a two piece Fuse????
I went with the two piece fuse and two verticals to allow me to mount a pusher motor about two thirds of the way back, the plane has a single vertical originally. If I mounted the motor all the way in the back with the batt/motor combo I will be using, I would have to tape the battery on a bamboo stick about a foot in front of the plane.
Dec 26, 2006, 01:00 PM
gpw
gpw
Motor on the front always works ???? Gas guys have been getting away with it for years ....Just a crumb for thought ??? Thanks for the info ...I understand your logic ... hahahaha !!! Cool Plane !!!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 29, 2006, 10:28 PM
WOOOOsssSSSShhHH !!
Ive just printed out the PDF. Thanks PSYCHO !

Where is a good start for the CG on this one? I may have to do the old throw and see technique.

It is alot bigger than I thought.

What motor setup do you plan on going with?

Spar
Jan 06, 2007, 12:02 PM
How's your progress LP,

Here is a previous Draken that was lost in the 'kits' section from a couple of years ago. It is a 13" version with a CDROM motor. It may inspire you. I am anxious to see yours fly.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...hmentid=273983

Quick Reply