Canard Forum: Show,Discuss, Learn - Page 14 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 19, 2007, 12:52 PM
Back behind The Controls
Jason Noll has a couple of nice pics in his blog of a 10oz 50" spand depron Velocity...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=41617

Johnnie
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2007, 02:18 PM

Canard Glider

Another Glider a Soarer this time from 1990s
Jan 19, 2007, 04:01 PM
I want that glider! It looks like you could easily lose it to a bit of rising air.I dare not take my Playboy up very high. Charles
Jan 19, 2007, 06:12 PM
Visitor from Reality
Jason's Velocity shots show a great combination of a simple design with a great finish that really makes it look a lot more complex a structure than it is. Lovely model - foam gets such a bad rap thanks to all those ugly flat sheet things.

Now - where did I put that drawing of the little known canard version of the Lancaster bomber?

D
Jan 19, 2007, 06:15 PM
Have you seen the two pics of gliders I added to the first list? Ive just found about 10 more canards in my old MAP plans handbook!

Nice playboy mate I need to build a fuselage for mine for geared electric power.

Derick have you seen the Vickers a few pages back I put up?
Last edited by Airboatflyingshp; Jan 19, 2007 at 06:20 PM.
Jan 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
Visitor from Reality
Sometimes, one can have too much spare time ...

Would Andy C approve?

And, yes, the wing and tail chords, and the fus side view are pretty close to 'the real thing' - though it was done off a CAD file of a Bee lookalike that's floating around this board. I did change the wing section to a Clark Y - though that is technically from another project that's really coming into Bee-ing. I did make the rudder larger and more 'fitting', though a realworld version might benefit from two verticals out on the mainplane.

It has possibilities... Foamie chuckie anyone?

Regards
Dereck
Jan 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Ooh Derek.. I like that..
Jan 19, 2007, 10:45 PM

Canbee

Dereck, What a great idea! I believe that Andy would bee tickled. There are enough canards in this thread to last another lifetime. If we put enough of these canards out there, we could open a new chapter in modeling. Charles
Jan 20, 2007, 12:51 PM

Ga. Goose Fuselage construction

The fuselage is easy and fun to build. Here are some shots of the first side. Charles
Jan 20, 2007, 08:45 PM
It Wasn't Me!!!!

FFF Ga Goose Fuse

I cut out the fuse parts and started assembly for the prototype. I have made a few small changes, but so far everything seems to be working out fine. I had to increase the width of the fuse farther forward to accomodate the battery, if we need to use the placement for setting the COG.
I will continue building through this week and post more photos.
C-YA RL
Jan 20, 2007, 09:24 PM
Great looking job,RL! What are you using for glue? Will you recalculate the COG with your dimensions? Charles
Jan 21, 2007, 09:08 AM
Back behind The Controls
Here is a nice post on sail plane canards...

Johnnie
Jan 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
Invite the man over here quick .......................that things fab.
At least put up a jump.
Anyone seen Big Gull its gorgeous but think Canard and it becomes even smoother.
Last edited by Airboatflyingshp; Jan 21, 2007 at 09:51 AM.
Jan 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
heres a classic thread to scour for Canard based ideas https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321873 started by Led Kitty
Jan 21, 2007, 02:54 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck
Sometimes, one can have too much spare time ...

Would Andy C approve?

And, yes, the wing and tail chords, and the fus side view are pretty close to 'the real thing' - though it was done off a CAD file of a Bee lookalike that's floating around this board. I did change the wing section to a Clark Y - though that is technically from another project that's really coming into Bee-ing. I did make the rudder larger and more 'fitting', though a realworld version might benefit from two verticals out on the mainplane.

It has possibilities... Foamie chuckie anyone?

Regards
Dereck
I think that this would be a very cute canard. I got bored and started fiddling with the cockpit placement, and hit this as the canard ideal...