Old Sep 12, 2002, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by knight of Ni
CP140 NAVCOM

Documentation for CF/F-101 Voodoo

OK, I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of where I can find good 3-views for the Voodoo. I've got all the other referance material, but need 3-views or even some McDonell Douglas drawings.... I know this one will be a pain to really fly electric (small wing area and VERY thin wing), but I hope to give it a shot. TIA
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2002, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Mr Mootsie
Bob Banka's Aircraft Documentation has F-101 photo packs and 3 views.

http://www.bobsairdoc.com/

good luck!
Old Sep 12, 2002, 11:43 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Bob's only got the RF-101, I need drawings for the CF/F-101 B/F versions! Any ex-RCAF/CAF will know by my avitar what I'm up to... Any help is VERY appreciated.
Last edited by knight of Ni; Sep 13, 2002 at 12:18 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2002, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by Mudbug

CF-101 Doc

Pardner,

There is an Aerofax/Aerofiles book on the Voodoo, one from Detail& Scale, and an old Replica in Scale that featured the bird. If I can find mine, I'll scan a couple of the views and e-mail them to you.

Bet that will make quite and EDF!

Mudbug
Old Sep 13, 2002, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by Marten
..teach monkeys to fly..
Have you tried calling these guys.

http://acam.ednet.ns.ca/voodoo/voodoo1.htm

Their voodoo was parked on the ramp at YHZ for quite a while before being moved across the highway to its present home. Last time I took a picture of it, it was covered in an ice rime from a winter storm.

I used to live under the approach path to Shearwater. Voodoos were a common sight. As were Argus's, Trackers, Sea Kings, and T-Birds. Ah, the glory days.

Good luck
Marten
Old Sep 13, 2002, 05:03 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Thanks Marten
I'll give them a shout, maybe the Nat Avation Museum too. My GF flew for 416 in Chatam and for 425 in Bagotville. Aparantly I watched him do a demo at the CNE Airshow in '83 when I was 1! Mudbug, If you do get arround to scanning them try and usea higher res. File size doesn't matter. Email isMike
Old Sep 13, 2002, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by mrittinger
Gravity sucks.
There's a 101 parked in front of the VFW hall about ten minute from my home.If you need any details, I'll pop a few pics for ya.

Mark
Old Sep 14, 2002, 01:49 AM
Find More Posts by PanzyPoof
There's a 100 stuck on a post in Malton 5min away.
And just a min away from her is a Connie that they turned into a Bar. And Hamiliton Airport has a 104 Pointed straight up on the frount lawn!
Say did you guys see the Video of those Bozo's Cracking up the Hamiliton Flying Lancaster Ahhh!!!!
So much for Historic Planes. I guess the Arrow was to big at the Time to be considered usefull Art.
Would be Kool hanging in SkyDome Eh!
Last edited by PanzyPoof; Sep 14, 2002 at 01:54 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 02:02 AM
CP140 NAVCOM
All I really need are some decent 3-views so I can plot stuff in CAD. My Grandfather can supply me with the rest of the documentation (I've got a CF-101 crew checklist for part of my documentation!)
TIA
Old Sep 14, 2002, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by Guy Fawcett
RFC Cadet

Voodoo 3 view

I have some three views and colour side views from the book CF-101 Voodoo Canadian Profile. I'll need your E-mail adress to send it to.

Guy
Old Sep 14, 2002, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by Majortomski
dusty bible = dirty life
Monogram has re released the 1/48 doo doo kit again, Not sure if it's got Canadian markings this time but they usually have a great three view for painting.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by Skippy360
Logo 10 Flyer

Voodoo

Mike,

If I remember corectly there is a 101 just up the road from you on display at the Abotsford airport.

Scott
Old Sep 14, 2002, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by Mudbug

CF-101

Here are some 3-views
Old Sep 15, 2002, 02:39 AM
CP140 NAVCOM
Guy, I'll take the 3-views you have! I've already determined my colour scheme (I'm not going to use the one in Abbotsford because it's the hawks! Definately a Lynx or Allouette
Photos are DND
Old Sep 15, 2002, 02:39 AM
CP140 NAVCOM
or... Very cool, but I won't be able to do this for a scale manuver