Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Dec 15, 2006, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by sleeper33
Autox Fanatic
Discussion

Great deal on telescoping pole (for getting plane out of tree)

As a few of you know, I just started flying, and currently own an ABC and two AeroAces. I've already flown the AeroAces into my backyard trees on three occasions. I was able to find a great telescoping pole at Lowes for only $13 to easily retrieve them:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...O15&lpage=none

It's called the Aqua EZ™ 4' to 12' Telescoping Pole and it's normally used for those tools to clean swimming pools with. I think it's a good value for only $13. It's definitely a must have for beginners like myself. So far I've only needed one of these, but I can easily see simply taping two or even three together to reach really high up. Here's a pic:

to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Promoting Model Aviation...
I wish all the planes I got stuck in trees were only 12' high.

If you can find one that will reach 60' for $13 I'll take one.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by sleeper33
Autox Fanatic
Yeah, I've only used it to rescue my Aeroaces...I guess I'll have to invest in a fishing rod if the ABC ever gets stuck 50' or higher.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 01:14 AM
Find More Posts by msnyder
Hi guys. Newbie here. Yeah, I had been flying aero aces for about a week when I decided I was gonna need something like that (telescoping pole). Being a do-it-yourselfer, though, here's what I did:

1) Go to hardware store, buy 4 each 1/4" x 4 foot, four each 5/8" by 4 foot, and 2 each 1/2" by 4 foot dowel rods.

2) Cut one 1/2" dowel into 3" sections, and core out each section with either a 1/4" or a 5/8" drill.

3) Glue a 3" section 1.5" of the way onto the end of each of the smaller dowels, leaving a 1.5" socket.

Now I have a reversable, collapsable, expanding airplane-poking device, which I carry everywhere in the trunk of my car. Just used it today, in fact, to fetch down an aero ace delta wing which had been stuck overnight in a tree, at a height of, lessee, four times 4 feet plus six feet is 22 feet!

(the six feet is me...)
Old Dec 16, 2006, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by NoThreat
LOL I used a 12' tree pruner. Best part was if I couldn't reach it I just sawed off a branch....

And I used the saw to grab a branch and shake it like crazy!