Sep 11, 2002, 04:02 PM
Thread OP

need calculation formula to figure out what electric motor to use in a gas powered ai

well i guess th subject title says it all, basically im trying to figure out if there is a formula one would go by to figure out how big of an electric motor to use if someone where to be converting a would be gas powered airplane to an electric. Along with what factors play into the formula im sure weight and wing area plays a part in this.

i would also like to know how to figure in how many cells to use in the battery pack after youve figured out what size electric motor one would choose.

all help is appreceiated
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2002, 04:05 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
http://www.motocalc.com
Sep 11, 2002, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
cool thanks mike how r things at hitec
Sep 11, 2002, 04:50 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
I cannot complain!

That program will help you choose the best motor/battery/propeller combo for any airplane. Of course there are about a million of them!

What size is the plane and what is recommended for power?

Mike.
Sep 11, 2002, 08:11 PM
You could try reading the EFlight FAQ, link above..
.a.
Sep 11, 2002, 09:05 PM

Re: need calculation formula to figure out what electric motor to use in a gas powered ai

Quote:
Originally posted by slopefreak

i would also like to know how to figure in how many cells to use in the battery pack after youve figured out what size electric motor one would choose.

all help is appreceiated
After reading the links mentioned you should realize that normally this works the other way around unless you already own the motor.
Sep 13, 2002, 04:38 PM
Thread OP
ya i know , actually im working on article and looking for something with general info to help show people where to go when doing this conversion/how to do this conversion ect ect because this type of thing is becoming more popular

Quick Reply