Sep 10, 2002, 11:48 PM
Thread OP

Heli Radio Needed What are your sudgestions?

I will want to buy a randio for a CP hornet. IE cheap. I have been to http://www.hobbyhorse.com/hitec_trans.shtml and will consider ebay for a 642 or 652. Any good site for just the radio. The flash 5 will not do heli stuff right?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2002, 11:56 PM
652 is fine but I don't think it does 5pt curves(correct me if I'm wrong). Keep your eye out for a used Airtronics RD6000 original or Super(might find one for ~$120) or a Futaba 8U(~$160). Both of these are cheap but will do anything you would want for a CP heli. If you want new then go with a Futaba 9C(Bruckner hobbies sells the TX alone for $260).
Sep 11, 2002, 12:01 AM
check http://www.heliproz.com . I think they offer the transmitters individually. They carry Futaba, Airtronics, I think they have Hitec and definetely have JR/Horizon radios. I recomend the Futaba 9CHP. I'd go with futaba since I'm pretty sure you want one radio to do both air/heli. I'm not sure about the flash 5 either... http://www.towerhobbies.com also supplies the 9CHP individually, and I know that for certain. The price should be reasonable, but check with Heli hobby first to see if they sell the Tx's individually. Their prices are supposed to be unbeatable. I requested a price quote, and all they could show was the MSRP for legal reasons, they are LOWER. Good luck!
Sep 11, 2002, 01:17 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
You can get the Hitec Eclipse from Hobby Horse with or without module/Spectra.

Lots of radio for the $
Sep 11, 2002, 08:46 AM
Hi, i agrre with Fred Eclipse 7 from hitec is all u need its real good for price.

Ibought one few days ago for my hornet cp.
IT do all u need throttle curve,pitch curve,revo mix,120° and more

I had a cockpit before but it was version 1.0 software and the newest is 2.0 that new version can control 120° swashplate for cp heli.

You might consider the multiplex cockpit since its even cheaper and do the job for hornet cp.
Sep 11, 2002, 09:33 AM

9C

Futaba 9C.!!! I love this radio.
Sep 11, 2002, 08:41 PM

RD6000

Are all Airtronic computer RD6000s created equal? I intend to use it on a JR VoyagerE. I notice there are like 5 models. The one I'm looking at has expotential, digital trims etc.
Thanks,
Bill
Sep 12, 2002, 12:25 AM
Powered by ThunderPower
I have a Hitec Flash5 and no, it does not do any heli stuff. This is my airplane radio.

I also have an Eclipse7 and it sure is a wonderful radio . It has easily flown my FP Piccolo, Eco8 and Logo10. It has everthing you'll need.

Good luck!

Chachin..
Sep 12, 2002, 10:19 PM
Try the new JR378 heli it has 3 flight modes, hold, 5 point pitch and throttle curves and it has a good small 7 ch rx.
Right now Im only using it on my nitro concept but the ep is next
then my piccolo.

Steve.
Sep 12, 2002, 10:26 PM

Thanks.

I'm looking for a link to a JR site. I'm trying to stay around $300 for the Tx. The VoygerE has servos but needs receiver. Wow, it's a jungle out there. I'm getting dizzy looking at all the specs for the Eclipse7, Airtronics rd6000, and Futaba 9c(pretty pricey for that one). Bill
Sep 12, 2002, 11:17 PM
< 250g FPV
rspiegel, I understand you may have to or would prefer to save some money and get a lower end model Tx, but I urge you to reconsider and get a radio that will grow with you for almost any aspect of this hobby you MAY BE DOING later. It's said around here allot "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice". Not that 4-6 channel radios are cheap, but what happens when you drop 250 bucks on a tx/rx combo only to find out that you need to upgrade 6 months out when you are getting into it?

I looked into this one year ago this month when I was learning and I went with the JR8103 DT 8 channel Tx. You don't have to get a Jr, but Hitec, Futaba and other sell 7 or 8+ channel radios with heli/airplane software to do just about anything your imagination WILL come up with.

My .02 cents!
Sep 13, 2002, 12:16 AM
Hello

I love JR's simplicity(I have a JR 10Sx), but if I was in the market for a radio, I would go with the 9CHP. It is just flat out the best bang for the buck IMHO. My second choice would be the XP8103 H.

Do it right once and you wont have to again.

Oh, and if I were you, I would get a radio that has PCM.

Carlo
Sep 13, 2002, 04:15 AM
Thread OP

Thanks

Thanks I will see what I come up with.
Sep 13, 2002, 12:21 PM
I'm just astarting out, and I bought a JR 662 for my Eco 8 and Voyager. It has 6 model memory, and it'l' do 120' CCPM. The price is resonable for a quality radio...only problem is it only has 3-point throttle and pitch curves. Check out http://www.horizonhobby.com.
Sep 13, 2002, 01:00 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Buying a TX for a heli is like buying a charger. Get the very best you can afford, it is cheaper in the long run and makes the Hobby all the better.

Quick Reply