Dec 14, 2006, 12:15 AM
You've got it!

That last shrink sleeve is the "final adjustment" . You can add other hardware to make the pushrods adjustable, but that just adds weight. I prefer to get it as perfect as possible and make minor adjustments with the TX sub-trims (as minor as possible).

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Hammel
www.fancyfoam.com
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2006, 01:20 AM
Nobody has ever accused me of being a rocket scientist...
Dec 14, 2006, 02:03 AM
Thread OP
No, but you are a damn good TAS Shootout winner!!!!!

J
Dec 14, 2006, 08:48 AM
LOL..

Thats better than being a rocket scientist anyways....
Dec 20, 2006, 07:33 PM

CG question

Wasn't sure of the starting cg location for the Vrolet F3p on the instructions.Jason were do you have your CG? Also do you think the E-flight 370 to be to big for the f3p version?
Regards , Marc
Dec 20, 2006, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Hello Marc,

I have my CG 2 3/4" back from the leading edge of the wing. Depending on were you fly the Vrolet the 370 might be to much. In a small gym or equivelant the 370 will be to much because of the weight. Outdoors, it might be ok. Secondly, I cannot guarantee how the airplane will fly with the extra weight........ Hope this helps.

Jason
Dec 24, 2006, 08:22 PM
Vrolet Video
Dec 24, 2006, 08:38 PM
Nice flying Wayne!!!

Can I post that video on the fancyfoam website?

Mike Hammel
www.fancyfoam.com
Dec 24, 2006, 09:04 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Wayne,
Nice flying. Does it roll as axial as it looks, or is it all in your thumbs?

I got my kit yesterday, now having seen that I will have to find the time over the next couple of days to get it built.
Actually I bought both, but the F3P version will be first up.

What speed control are you using? It is pretty noisy.

Pat MacKenzie
Dec 24, 2006, 10:11 PM
Pat,

The plane flies really well. The rolls look like they do because theres no rudder used. The plane doesnt need it unless you stop it on a point.

The ESC is a CC PHX 10
Dec 24, 2006, 10:38 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeffon
Pat,

The plane flies really well. The rolls look like they do because theres no rudder used. The plane doesnt need it unless you stop it on a point.

The ESC is a CC PHX 10
It looks like it takes very little rudder for knife edge
Is there any coupling?
I am a bit surprised that it is a CC10. Mine don't have that whine with the 2204. Perhaps the video sound is emphasizing it.
At our indoor last month one of the guys had an Electrifly esc (at least I think it was) that was painful to be in the same room with.
The sound on the video reminded me of it.

Pat MacKenzie
Jan 05, 2007, 12:31 AM
Jason, some simple questions for you about difference between F3P and 3D Vrolet. I understand the plane differences but wonder about how one flies compared to the other. Does one fly much slower than the other? Are roll rates , tumbling ability, hovering ease, etc the same for each plane. Is the F3P far more precise?

Don't mean to be a jerk, but want to buy one, am an intermediate flyer and would like to make a good decision. Or would I know the difference at my skill level if I flew both?

Any comments would be appreciated.

regards, chuck
Jan 05, 2007, 10:21 PM
Not to butt in here but I have the same questions regarding the two versions. I have the highest respect for Jason and his flying ability, a joy to watch but I don't fly anywhere near as good as anyone who flys 3D but it's 3D that I really love to try flying. I'm old and I think I like bi-planes the best cause they fly slow. I really love flying my Tensor and I also have a Quasar bipe, I like the Tensor best but the Quasar really flies slooooow.

So - am I to presume I'd enjoy the F3P version better - cause it's slower...?

Anyway, one of these is on my shopping list, I have an Equalizer on the bench right now and it should be a nice flyer for me, I know Jason is way past that plane now, but I for sure am not...

So - maybe some suggestions for those of us who can only have ONE of these....

Thanks,

Gene
Jan 06, 2007, 10:49 PM
Mike Hammel ( www.fancyfoam.com ) here!

I've flow both and here is my impressions:

Freestyle: Flys as slow or as fast as you want. Has the exact same wing area as the f3P. Perfect size for the Axi 2204/54 motor and a 3 cell TP 480.
You could use a 2203/46 and a 2 cell pack, but punch out will be less. I like the freestyle better myself for my kind of flying.

F3P: Flys as slow (or slightly slower) as the freestyle and has much slower downlines. Top speed is limited by the drag plates and the drag triangles so don't enter any pylon races. The key to keeping it slow is a light, higher KV motor like the AXI 2203/46 and a 2 cell pack. With that combo, don't expect hair on fire 3D, just nice smooth lines.

The F3P gives the impression of floating in the hands of a good pilot. If you just want to buzz around indoors, the freestyle is the one to go with.

Hope that helps,

Mike Hammel
www.fancyfoam.com
Jan 07, 2007, 09:28 PM
Mike, thanks for your response. Could you give some simple examples of 3D aerobatics the F3P can do and some the Freestyle can do but the F3P cannot. I assume both planes do the basic knife edge, knife snap roll, knife loop, wall, elevator, high alpha hover (with little wing rock), hover, torque roll, etc.

This is stuff I should probably be able to know by looking at the specs. etc. While the wing area is equal the separation is greater on the F3P. What does this do for flying and what limitations does it create compared to the Freestyle.

Any manuever I can do slooowly is fine with me. There is no need for fast flying when I have no fast reflexes at this point in life.

thanks again and regards, chuck

Quick Reply