Sep 10, 2002, 12:54 AM
Thread OP
Gallery

MicroPitts plans are here

Sorry they took so long, I just tried to be a little more detailed in the construction notes, and it's a little more complex to build than the Moth.

Anyway, here it is... get building

MicroPitts plan
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2002, 01:31 AM
Thanks Chris! that is a slick little airplane
Sep 10, 2002, 01:48 AM

Pitts Bipe

My thanks Chris! Super job and hope to put this one in the air.
Gud Flying.........Dick
Sep 10, 2002, 02:48 AM
jk
jk
THANKS Chris!
i know what i'll be doing in the coming days.

johnk
Sep 10, 2002, 03:21 AM
Grand Poobah of Nothing
Nice work again Chris

Can't wait to see whats next!
Sep 10, 2002, 03:35 AM
jk
jk
Chris,
i was wondering.... when i go to print the plans out on my printer, i set the printer to scale them 1 to 1 and some of the parts at the edges are not fully on the page. Should I "scale to fit page" them?

it might be a good idea to have a little scale on one of the pages so that we all can use it as a reference. either that or indicate what the measurement is for something that's easy to measure, like the cord of the lower wing, to help determine if all of the plans are printing out to be it's intended size.

(the reason that i mention this is because i ran into the same thing on one of my heli website pages, when i posted templates for a servoplate. we simply posted a scale to make sure that people were making them the correct size.)

just a thought,

(BTW, nice plans!)

johnk
Last edited by jk; Sep 10, 2002 at 04:02 AM.
Sep 10, 2002, 03:47 AM
Yes, very nice Chris.

I have the same problem with plans though.

Dave
Sep 10, 2002, 05:09 AM
Yeah! I love your work! Which plane's next??
Alex
Sep 10, 2002, 07:30 AM
Chris.... WOW!!! I'll be working all weekend getting this together. I was wondering what the numbers on this little bird should be. Just top make sure it printed right.
Thanks for the plans they are excellent!
Cheers.
Brandon
Sep 10, 2002, 09:10 AM
Thankyou for the plan Chris.
I have started building. Enjoyed the Tiger Moth, This tiny Pitts is something else!
I am using Infra-Red to control it, am eargly awaiting a 35Mhz version of the RFFS-100.
Many thanks for your work/contibution to us Micro R/C fanatics.
Look forward to your next project. I have a large pile of 1/32nd balsa, looking for a home.
Best regards,
Trevor.
Sep 10, 2002, 09:40 AM
great plans!
Given that I am a lazy person, and that time is very precious, my question is: do you have this in a DXF format. This way I could put it on my CNC machine and have all parts cut while I watch TV...

Alexander
Sep 10, 2002, 10:01 AM

Great Pitts

Thanks for the plans Chris...Very nice Pitts....wish my planes looked as good as yours...Can't wait for your next project...just seeing those beautifully crafted planes is worth the wait...
The plans are great too.....
Sep 10, 2002, 10:17 AM
Thread OP
Thanks everyone, it's my pleasure. Regarding the printing problems, I re-arranged all the parts onto 3 pages so I could give it more margin around the edges. I wondered if that might be a problem, but no one mentioned it with the Moth. I also added a scale, so just re-download the plan and you should be good to go.
Sep 10, 2002, 10:30 AM
Closed Account
Beautiful. Great job!

Ron
Sep 10, 2002, 10:53 AM
Hm, Chris, I had the problem with the moth plans, too. Maybe because we have a different paper format here (A4). In the moth plans, the left edge of the fuselage didn't fit on the page, in ˘Ąthe pitts plans it was something similar! Thanks that you fixed that! Would be great if you could do that with the Moth plans, too (i think it's just the outer of the two fuselage halves which doesn't fit! The scale is very good, too!) Very good job! What's next??????????
Alex

Quick Reply