Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:02 AM
N429EM is offline
Find More Posts by N429EM
E.J. Murphy
Are you sure it wasn't, "discharged to balance within 0.1 - 0.4V?"
Or, was the discharge rate 0.1 - 0.4A?

I agree, something doesn't smell right.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:03 AM
Diggs is offline
Find More Posts by Diggs
Not your average DiggsyBear
Diggs's Avatar
Ok, looked through the manual, and it is supposed to charge at 1C. At 1C it should take about an hour to charge that pack. Again, something doesn't pass the smell test here. I am not trying to bust on your charger, I just don't think something is setup correctly, which can be very dangerous for Lipos. I charge all my packs at 1C and after a 10 minute flight, I might be able to get one done in 45-50 minutes. I don't time them anymore, but used to and it was typically 50 mins at best.

Did you notice the rate in which it charged your pack, it should have been at 0.8A NO MORE. Also, I see this is compatible with a balancer, it would be a good investment.

Diggs
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:19 AM
flatiron is offline
Find More Posts by flatiron
Registered User
flatiron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
Ok, looked through the manual, and it is supposed to charge at 1C. At 1C it should take about an hour to charge that pack. Again, something doesn't pass the smell test here. I am not trying to bust on your charger, I just don't think something is setup correctly, which can be very dangerous for Lipos. I charge all my packs at 1C and after a 10 minute flight, I might be able to get one done in 45-50 minutes. I don't time them anymore, but used to and it was typically 50 mins at best.

Did you notice the rate in which it charged your pack, it should have been at 0.8A NO MORE. Also, I see this is compatible with a balancer, it would be a good investment.

Diggs
Ok I'm going to put the one i just got thru flying. now its cool down from flying. Im not going to discharge, since yall scared the sh.. out of me.Ok I'm entering 7.4v 800mAh 2-cell Li-Po.ok here we go and it has a timer on it. tell ouy how long it took. I'll let yall know
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:35 AM
flatiron is offline
Find More Posts by flatiron
Registered User
flatiron's Avatar
ok 15min end of charge
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:41 AM
N429EM is offline
Find More Posts by N429EM
E.J. Murphy
Is this charger rewriting the book on charging LiPos?

This sounds incredible.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:46 AM
flatiron is offline
Find More Posts by flatiron
Registered User
flatiron's Avatar
8.52v-7.4v=1.12v gain ,800mAh-760mAh=95% end char
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:52 AM
flatiron is offline
Find More Posts by flatiron
Registered User
flatiron's Avatar
I'm tired, been soldering on and swapping plugs and connectors all day. I'll read back thru the program on the charger and let ya'll know tomorrow. Got to get some rest so i can take my daughter to school tomorrow, it's almost 12:00 here.

Thanks, Sam
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:54 AM
minirips2 is offline
Find More Posts by minirips2
Registered User
I doubt anyone has found a "silver bullet" for chargin LiPos. The chemistry is what it is. Any charge rate greater than .8amp is begging for trouble. Heck, I won't charge over .7, and I put the thing in my oven! Any charger that charges a discharged LiPo in 16 minutes must be using a LOT of current to do it. Are you sure your charger is set to charge LiPos? Other battery types can tolerate much higher charge rates. I shiver at the thought of what amperage it takes to charge a pack 6 times faster than the E-Flite charger, which is about .5 amp.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 01:03 AM
flatiron is offline
Find More Posts by flatiron
Registered User
flatiron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2
I doubt anyone has found a "silver bullet" for chargin LiPos. The chemistry is what it is. Any charge rate greater than .8amp is begging for trouble. Heck, I won't charge over .7, and I put the thing in my oven! Any charger that charges a discharged LiPo in 16 minutes must be using a LOT of current to do it. Are you sure your charger is set to charge LiPos? Other battery types can tolerate much higher charge rates. I shiver at the thought of what amperage it takes to charge a pack 6 times faster than the E-Flite charger, which is about .5 amp.
Set on,or read out says, Char LiPo/Li-lon

I don't know,I'll start over tomorrow
goog night all, Sam
Old Mar 15, 2007, 04:40 AM
RCFlyer55 is offline
Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Angels without wings
The FMA cellpro 4 has a setting for a charge rate of 1.4C among others. But even with that setting it takes almost an hour to charge the lipos after flying. It takes around 45mins to get to 95% full and close to 15 mins to get to 100%(no it does not charge at 1.4C for the entire charge). I usually fly till I can not gain altitude and put in over 600mA. Charging an 800mA Lipo in 15 mins I've never heard of it. I would charge in a fire proof or safe box.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 04:55 AM
Numb Thumbs is offline
Find More Posts by Numb Thumbs
Does it come in Flouro??
Numb Thumbs's Avatar
And outside the local fire station too...

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old Mar 15, 2007, 05:04 AM
Numb Thumbs is offline
Find More Posts by Numb Thumbs
Does it come in Flouro??
Numb Thumbs's Avatar

AeroFly Pro Deluxe


I have been trying - and trying is the word... - to fly a heli on AeroFly Pro Deluxe. I have found the program to be very close to the real thing for fixed wing models - I have a few planes that are available as models on the program - so if that is the case with helis, I don't think I am ever going to get off the simulator and onto the real thing! I'm glad I decided to wait until I had the "Trainer Wheels" before I tried to fly my Blade CX2!

I can't find a Blade CX/CX2 to "fly" so I have been using the only counter rotating model heli I could find, the "micro47g" which is like the heli rescue models I have seen around here in Australia.

I can't get it to hover!!! If I lift off gently it just noses in. If I lift off quickly I can get above the surface but then it always either shoots off forward or backwards or does circles around its tail. Is there a trick to this???? No matter how I trim the Tx, it won't hover!

I'll never know how those Jedi Knights like Svabo do it!

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:47 AM
aeronca is offline
Find More Posts by aeronca
The figure "9" Specialist
aeronca's Avatar
FWIW - While it is widely held that charging LiPo's at 1C is the acceptable rule, I find charging them at 0.7C makes them last longer and therefore capable of many more cycles.

Aeronca
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:22 PM
artmonster is offline
Find More Posts by artmonster
R U killing the kittens?
artmonster's Avatar
Here is my modified CX2 (so far...lol....Im sure Ill mod more in the future).

I made the boom from a carbon arrow shaft and a cut-down round servo horn, and a peice of ABS plastic for the tailfeather.

didnt have to retrim anything when I put the boom on.....I got lucky I guess.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
RCFlyer55 is offline
Find More Posts by RCFlyer55
Angels without wings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs
I have been trying - and trying is the word... - to fly a heli on AeroFly Pro Deluxe. I have found the program to be very close to the real thing for fixed wing models - I have a few planes that are available as models on the program - so if that is the case with helis, I don't think I am ever going to get off the simulator and onto the real thing! I'm glad I decided to wait until I had the "Trainer Wheels" before I tried to fly my Blade CX2!

I can't find a Blade CX/CX2 to "fly" so I have been using the only counter rotating model heli I could find, the "micro47g" which is like the heli rescue models I have seen around here in Australia.

I can't get it to hover!!! If I lift off gently it just noses in. If I lift off quickly I can get above the surface but then it always either shoots off forward or backwards or does circles around its tail. Is there a trick to this???? No matter how I trim the Tx, it won't hover!

I'll never know how those Jedi Knights like Svabo do it!

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Did you reconfigure your TX in Heli mode?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion to buy or not to buy the blade cx2 airhead225 Coaxial Helicopters 36 Jul 10, 2009 12:01 AM
Discussion Blade CX2 Tx's - Can they be adapted to fly indoor/park flyers Sirion Electric Plane Talk 11 Apr 19, 2009 08:52 PM
Question How to program my dx7 to fly blade cx2? topforce Coaxial Helicopters 4 Sep 23, 2007 10:13 AM
Discussion How do I use my ICE to charge my batterys for blade CX2??? webejpn01 Electric Heli Talk 2 Jan 26, 2007 02:02 PM
Discussion How to learn to fly inverted with the Blade CP? Crazyrcer Micro Helis 4 Apr 05, 2006 01:59 PM