Apr 25, 2007, 11:18 AM
I would suggest you check this site(my local hobby shop )who carries these lights. www.venturehobbies.com They can probably send them to you.
They move pretty fast as this shop sold a LOT of CX2s over the holidays.
Sinbad
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
Don

Blade CX2 Newbie Crash

I'm a Blade CX2 newbie, and like a few did not fully read (or comprehend) all of the wonderful information on this forum (thanks to everyone), and in the instructions.

I did, however, start with a flight sim first to get some time on the PC. I'm using the sim from www.phoenix-sim.com as it now has a Lama Coax (close to Blade CX2) model that you can download. I purchased it after reading through several threads on RunRyder. I like it much better G3, which I'm now going to sell. I can connect my DX7 TX directly using the provided USB cable. It is much simpler to use/configure and has some nice features for heli training (e.g. hover, auto-rotation, etc.). My ultimate dream machine is the Logo 500DX.

I intially upgraded my CX2 with the BoomTown CF tail and skids (which are great). I'm also using the Spektrum DX7 TX. I find that inorder for the fail safe to work, I have to move the TX throttle and trim tab to the top setting and back down to the bottom before connecting the battery lead on the heli to have the 4-in-1 connect. It also seems to work best when the TX is less than one foot away.

We'll on to the crash on the maiden flight. I was trying to hover and was trying to trim out the forward motion when I crashed into our empty living room wall(just remodeled). Broke the lower blade, and bent the flybar.

I'm now in rebuild mode, and like many addicted to all of the potential upgrades that are available.

I just wanted to thank everyone (again) for their contributions to this forum that will make the rebuild (and adjustment) process much easier so I can get back to some real flight time.
Last edited by flywoody3; Apr 26, 2007 at 12:10 AM.
Apr 25, 2007, 04:16 PM
Please tell me where you found the "BLADE CX2" on Phoenix? The only coaxial that I know of for Phoenix is the BMI Swiss Lama.
Apr 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
Don

Blade CX2 Sim

Sorry, I'm using the Lama Coax as a close approximation to the Blade CX2. I fixed the commentary from my original post. Its listed in the aircraft section of the downloads: http://www.phoenix-sim.com/pages/downloads.htm.
Apr 25, 2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks! Gota be specific here or on any forum. People will nail you to the wall if you aren't. Like me.

Now, just so people know. FSone does have the CX on it. Sadly not the CX2 as far as I know. Also it has the CP.

It's been a few weeks since I played with it at the LHS.

http://www.fsone.com/Features/Gallery.aspx#helis

I myself have Phoenix.
Apr 25, 2007, 10:54 PM
Hey,

Wondering what sort of trainer plug the CX2 transmitter has? Is it the same as the Spektrum/JR radios?
Can you use the CX2's transmitter with the Reflex adapter to fly the Reflex sim?
Apr 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
Angels

(INMEMORY OF: Lt. Cmdr. Kevin J. Davis)
(Blue Angel)
Last edited by flatiron; Jul 28, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
Apr 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie to heli's (normally a fixed wing guy), just got my CX2 today, checked it over, charged it up, and started hopping it round the lounge, with training undercart. Although i checked the c of g, i noticed that as I spool up the motors, it drifts backwards towards me, but once it leaves the ground, it stops and starts going forward, as i have put in some forward trim to try to counteract the backwards motion. What is the trick here? do i need to make adjustments (if so what?), ditch the training gear, or spool up quicker. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

Mark
Apr 26, 2007, 03:24 PM
The Shadows are coming!
In most cases the CX2 will become more stable once it lifts out of the ground effect. The helis are factory tested prior shipping and may only need trim adjustment initially. The stability will also be affected by stray air currents bouncing off adjacent furniture causing the heli to drift. It needs a bit of courage to lift it off to around 3 or 4 ft for the first time but once you've tried it you'll be surprised. Just keep your throttle thumb alert to bring the heli gently down if it tends to move positively in a particular direction, then retrim and try again - soon it will lift up in a stable hover and you can just rotate it using rudder control. When comfortable you can try it without the trainer gear - it'll be a different heli.

If it exhibits really bad control then it may be that the swash plate needs leveling and you can use the attached procedure - PDF file.

Good luck.
Apr 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ditch the traning gear. You shouldn't have a problem with it if you've been flying fixed wings. The CG is probly way off with the TG.

How much room do you have to fly in?
Apr 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking the training gear is tilting the heli backwards, like the props is directing power to go backwards when it's in the landed position. Check that the landing skids are all the way in and try just using that. To fix the drift after in the air, level the swash plate.
Apr 26, 2007, 10:04 PM
The hardest part I've found w/ these smaller helis is a constant CG, which is pretty much the batt. If you use one stndard size/cell batt, make sure it's seated the same everytime.
With batt installed, do a balance test by hanging the heli from the mast (rotor head center) with thread. Adjust the batt if needed to level and then put a mark somewhere to help maintain a constant battery position. Then level the swash if needed (you'll know if you have to use too much trim on the cyclic-right hand trims).
Apr 27, 2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the input, I have taken off the training gear but not had a chance to try it out yet. I'm also flying in a very small room, hence the hopping about rather than flying, lack of confidence as i have no spares yet (on order), so really need a still day to fly outside, or I will take over one of the garages at work for the lunch hour. I will also check the swashplate is level.
One other question I had was how does the rotor head come off and how do you remove the gears at the bottom of the shaft? I fitted a heatsink on when i got it, but one of each of the motor screws is obscured by the large gear, I tried to remove the gear by removing the collet at the bottom, but the gear seemed fixed to the shaft when i tried to slide it off? Managed to squeeze the screwdriver in to remove the motor, but thought there must be an easier way, and also wondered how to remove the top blade holders etc to upgrade, has anytone posted instructions or photos (sorry as I said with the last post i'm new to heli's). Thanks again.

Mark
Apr 27, 2007, 06:57 AM
here is a link to a word file that helps a lot

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...hmentid=740007
Last edited by jimras; Apr 27, 2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Apr 27, 2007, 05:41 PM
In the "REPAIRING THE LOWER BLADE PINS" section of that doc, it says to use a #38 drill to make replacement pins. I found that size to be too big, I would have had to drill out the blade sockets. For me #39 was the right size.

Quick Reply