Thread Tools
Dec 16, 2006, 02:53 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexHobby
With the CX2 I really only suggest people buy a second battery and extra blades before they leave the shop. We also try to get people to open the box and let us show them how to fly and trim the tail.
I wish my LHS was that nice when I bought my CX.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2006, 03:50 PM
Lean is Mean
xtreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexHobby
Hi everyone! Let me give you a little of a different perspective. I am a CX2 owner and also a Hobby Shop owner. I was actually one of the first to fly the cx2 in my area as I opened the boxes when they got to the shop. After multiple flights with the cx I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the cx2. Unfortunately after hundreds of flights the only things that we have found different from the cx to the cx2 is the radio(DSM), gain pot, and body. I am a huge fan of the DSM so that alone made me jump on the cx2.


Corey
I would look a little closer. The frame is different, so are the servos, Which I find are junk. It only took me 3 seconds to see that. I guess you will need to stock more parts.. Are those links to your store ??

Joe
Dec 16, 2006, 07:21 PM
Registered User
CCbusa05's Avatar
Talk to us xtreme .............what makes you think the new servos are junk
Dec 16, 2006, 09:15 PM
Registered User
monkeywrencher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Also make sure one (or both) of the main rotor blade pins didn't break.
Man if I had a brain I'd scare myself..Duh maybe it's the lower blade that's an inch and a half shorter than the others..

Fixed that issue, as well as adjusted the swash and generally getting a learners feel for the bird.

In an attempt to trim out the nose yaw after working all day with the mixing pot, I tried running through all of my trims. I don't hearanything when I adjust the rudder trim slider. Does that input go to the 4 in 1 or should I be hearing a servo arm move?
Dec 16, 2006, 10:39 PM
Ascended Master
Sparky Paul's Avatar
Rudder trim on the CX biases the gyro.
There's no servo to move.
The gyro feeds the motors.
Dec 16, 2006, 10:50 PM
Registered User
monkeywrencher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
Rudder trim on the CX biases the gyro.
There's no servo to move.
The gyro feeds the motors.
Copy that Sparky..
Thanks again!
Dec 17, 2006, 12:05 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
I would look a little closer. The frame is different, so are the servos, Which I find are junk. It only took me 3 seconds to see that. I guess you will need to stock more parts.. Are those links to your store ??

Joe

Dude, I really think you got a lemon or something ... Ive run 20 packs thorugh my CX2 ... Not a problem or a crash yet ... The thing is sooo much more precise than the CX ...

You and I gotta get together so you can fly mine .. Where on the island are ya?

Nunu
Dec 17, 2006, 12:54 AM
Lean is Mean
xtreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Talk to us xtreme .............what makes you think the new servos are junk
Just personal opinion. I don't like that there are no screws holding the cases together. mine are loud. I had one go out in the first few packs. The new one dosen't sound any better. I'm going to retro the S75. IMO it's a better servo.
Dec 17, 2006, 12:58 AM
Lean is Mean
xtreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNuJet
Dude, I really think you got a lemon or something ... Ive run 20 packs thorugh my CX2 ... Not a problem or a crash yet ... The thing is sooo much more precise than the CX ...

You and I gotta get together so you can fly mine .. Where on the island are ya?

Nunu
Hey nunu
I'm in selden, where are you. I just don't like the feel of the 2. And the tail drift drove me crazy. Stock or modded the same as my cx it just dosen't fly to my liking.

I'll be at the coram field on sunday, if you want to go let me know.

Joe
Dec 17, 2006, 08:57 PM
Registered User
40acrefield's Avatar
Looks like I am going to jump on the bandwagon. Being my first heli, what parts should I buy for spares. I don't have local support, so the internet is my hobby shop. Are the CX and CX2 using the same blades? I know I need a bunch of those. I just figure I will break a few things before long, and want to stock up on the common ones.

Thanks!
Dec 17, 2006, 09:00 PM
Suspended Account
cobra command's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acrefield
Looks like I am going to jump on the bandwagon. Being my first heli, what parts should I buy for spares. I don't have local support, so the internet is my hobby shop. Are the CX and CX2 using the same blades? I know I need a bunch of those. I just figure I will break a few things before long, and want to stock up on the common ones.

Thanks!
Blades and skids and you should be good to go- just may want to bite the bullet and upgrade the inner shaft to the CNC version- the stock upper head snaps like a twig.

Happy flying, and welcome to the club!

Dave
Dec 17, 2006, 09:27 PM
Lean is Mean
xtreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acrefield
Looks like I am going to jump on the bandwagon. Being my first heli, what parts should I buy for spares. I don't have local support, so the internet is my hobby shop. Are the CX and CX2 using the same blades? I know I need a bunch of those. I just figure I will break a few things before long, and want to stock up on the common ones.

Thanks!
More importantly than blades is the flybar. Most of the time it will bend beyond repair before you break a blade. I would also order a inner & outer shaft. I have not broken a skid yet with some pretty hard landings. If you do order the aluminum top shaft be sure to order spare inner shafts for it. Nothing worse then being down for a week for a 3 dollar part.

Joe
Dec 17, 2006, 09:32 PM
Suspended Account
cobra command's Avatar
Very good points. I completely forgot about the flybar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme
More importantly than blades is the flybar. Most of the time it will bend beyond repair before you break a blade. I would also order a inner & outer shaft. I have not broken a skid yet with some pretty hard landings. If you do order the aluminum top shaft be sure to order spare inner shafts for it. Nothing worse then being down for a week for a 3 dollar part.

Joe
Dec 17, 2006, 09:38 PM
Lean is Mean
xtreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra command
Very good points. I completely forgot about the flybar.
Thats why we're all here. to help each other out.

Joe
Dec 17, 2006, 09:42 PM
Registered User
40acrefield's Avatar
I am filling a cart as we type....
How about the training gear. I have kids that may be trying it out too.

Shame the don't just make a standard crash kit.
Last edited by 40acrefield; Dec 17, 2006 at 09:55 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion to buy or not to buy the blade cx2 airhead225 Coaxial Helicopters 36 Jul 09, 2009 11:01 PM
Discussion Blade CX2 Tx's - Can they be adapted to fly indoor/park flyers Sirion Electric Plane Talk 11 Apr 19, 2009 07:52 PM
Question How to program my dx7 to fly blade cx2? topforce Coaxial Helicopters 4 Sep 23, 2007 09:13 AM
Discussion How do I use my ICE to charge my batterys for blade CX2??? webejpn01 Electric Heli Talk 2 Jan 26, 2007 01:02 PM
Discussion How to learn to fly inverted with the Blade CP? Crazyrcer Micro Helis 4 Apr 05, 2006 12:59 PM