Aug 16, 2016, 03:38 PM
Thanks for that info.. I tried to get the flybar off but the 2 small Phillips head screws are stuck.. and I am afraid to put too much force on them. If I heat the screws with a soldering gun ,, maybe they will break loose and I can further check out the head.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2016, 07:53 PM
You have to be careful with the screw heads. If you round them out, you're in the crap. I bought a set of Phillip's head screw drivers at Radio Shack that were specifically for Japanese style heads.
Aug 17, 2016, 10:16 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42
Thanks for that info.. I tried to get the flybar off but the 2 small Phillips head screws are stuck.. and I am afraid to put too much force on them. If I heat the screws with a soldering gun ,, maybe they will break loose and I can further check out the head.
Once you get the head off...leave it off. Take a small/short piece of CF (2mm), slide it through where the screws would go. Hold the CF in place with gas tubing. This will take the pressure off the flybar.

This mod started using a toothpick then went to CF round stock. I forget what they called this mod but, it works great toning down the TB effect.

If you need a pic, let me know.

Mike.
Last edited by Chap1012; Aug 17, 2016 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Edit to inform of pic
Aug 17, 2016, 10:28 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Last post edited
Aug 17, 2016, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Once you get the head off...leave it off. Take a small/short piece of CF (2mm), slide it through where the screws would go. Hold the CF in place with gas tubing. This will take the pressure off the flybar.

This mod started using a toothpick then went to CF round stock. I forget what they called this mod but, it works great toning down the TB effect.

If you need a pic, let me know.

Mike.
Yep, I forgot about that. One advantage is that instead of a U-shaped cap being in contact with the center pivot, the CF rod only gives you line contact.
Aug 18, 2016, 11:18 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Yep, I forgot about that. One advantage is that instead of a U-shaped cap being in contact with the center pivot, the CF rod only gives you line contact.
I had a pic in my own blog I had forgotten about We used to call it the "Bullet Mod."
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=10900

Mike.
Dec 30, 2017, 08:09 PM
I can't Spell RID
I have plenty of new for sale very cheap
Dec 30, 2017, 08:54 PM
So does everybody else. Mine is even brushless!
Dec 30, 2017, 09:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsguy
I have plenty of new for sale very cheap
You PM'd me. What do you mean you have plenty of new for cheap? What exactly are you talking about?

Mike.
Dec 31, 2017, 12:29 PM
"whirlydude"
Chap, you said you needed a 4 in 1 unit. Have you thought about using a 3 in 1 with a spektrum receiver, or wouldn't that work?
Jan 01, 2018, 02:00 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo
Chap, you said you needed a 4 in 1 unit. Have you thought about using a 3 in 1 with a spektrum receiver, or wouldn't that work?
Randy, how are you doing/feeling Sir? It's been a while. I hope you are doing much better. Yeah, I think I might have a 3in1 w/RX. IDK, did Esky also put out a 3in1 w/RX as a separate unit? It just might be for Spectrum and I have the DX9. I'll have to check that out Bud. I never thought of that

Wishing you a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Mike.
Jan 27, 2018, 11:44 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
I just found a 3in1 Spektrum. I'll post mod.#
Jan 28, 2018, 08:39 AM
Hey, Mikey, I'm looking at a 4-in-1 and two Aero-Nutz motors, with heat sink, all still mounted on a stock frame! I didn't hear you needed one. Remember, I went brushless on mine. Interested?
Jan 29, 2018, 12:12 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Hey, Mikey, I'm looking at a 4-in-1 and two Aero-Nutz motors, with heat sink, all still mounted on a stock frame! I didn't hear you needed one. Remember, I went brushless on mine. Interested?
Thank you Jack. I'll respond to your email BTW, is this the EFLH 1024?

Mike.
Jan 29, 2018, 12:13 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
I found a 3in1 unit but no RX

Quick Reply