Dec 06, 2012, 10:36 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Randy...Happy B-Day Brother!!!

Lee
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2012, 11:06 AM
So I installed a couple new items last night and I'm not sure if something is wrong. I did the lower rotors head and there is a gold metal what looks like a retainer ring that has now come.lose. Also the rotors linkage arms seem to be extremely tight and not quite long enough. And the only other complaint is that it seems like the lower swash plate is going to touch the motor.
Dec 07, 2012, 11:52 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
That collar is what keeps the outer shaft in place and from slipping down. There should be a screw (or two) to hold it in place. Also, on that collar there will be a lip that goes on (or positioned towards the bearing) facing down.

Mike.
Dec 07, 2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
Randy...Happy B-Day Brother!!!

Lee
Thanks Lee, feelin my age this year for sure.

Really feeling glad in a way. My own CX project is just running fantastic. No complaints at all. Thanks to all who helped me on this.
Dec 07, 2012, 04:40 PM
Gravity impaired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis

Really feeling glad in a way. My own CX project is just running fantastic. No complaints at all. Thanks to all who helped me on this.
Birthdays? You still havin them?
lol
Happy birthday!
Dec 07, 2012, 06:05 PM
"whirlydude"
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Yoder
So I installed a couple new items last night and I'm not sure if something is wrong. I did the lower rotors head and there is a gold metal what looks like a retainer ring that has now come.lose. Also the rotors linkage arms seem to be extremely tight and not quite long enough. And the only other complaint is that it seems like the lower swash plate is going to touch the motor.
With the links being tight could mean the lower rotor hub is not all the way together. Also pull out one of the top setscrews for the lower hub to make sure they are lining up with the holes in the outer shaft. That brass ring must be from the swashplate, but it should not be floating loosely. I haven't seen that before, but I have heard of others that it has happened to. It could be the swashplate is defective.
Dec 07, 2012, 10:01 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis

Ah, so you are the birthday boy Lee has been spreading around. 55 huh? Happy birthday!

Mike.
Dec 07, 2012, 10:03 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo
With the links being tight could mean the lower rotor hub is not all the way together. Also pull out one of the top setscrews for the lower hub to make sure they are lining up with the holes in the outer shaft. That brass ring must be from the swashplate, but it should not be floating loosely. I haven't seen that before, but I have heard of others that it has happened to. It could be the swashplate is defective.
My wife keeps telling me I need new glasses. I think she's right

Mike.
Dec 08, 2012, 12:00 AM
Well I'm in the middle of doing my cx3 conversion and I see what you are saying about the battery tray... Also the bearing ring was popped out of place I seated it and it seems well but we will see... Also noticed the the top rotor seat where the flybar goes is a little uneven... Will this cause any issues?
Last edited by D.Yoder; Dec 08, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Dec 08, 2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Well I'm in the middle of doing my cx3 conversion and I see what you are saying about the battery tray... Also the bearing shin was popped out of place I seated it and it seems well but we will see... Also noticed the the top rotor seat where the flybar goes is a little uneven... Will this cause any issues?
hi there,
bearing shin? are you talking about the bearing seal or the brass shim on the bottom outer shaft bearing.
the fly bar sits on saddles 2 on each side of the upper rotor inside just under the 2 bigger holes
each one of the issues you will fined out that the inhalant nature of the heli will amplify even the smallest misalignment to the biggest headache
Dec 08, 2012, 08:23 PM
So i got everything done today and got the heli put back together. since it was nice outside and not windy at all i decided to take it out and actually get some stick time. I have one really big problem. inside in the living room if i push the right stick forward the heli dips and wants to fly forward but i always need to stop before it crashes into something. Outside it seems like i cant get the heli to move forward. it will go left right and backward but does not dip forward and go like it should. Can someone please tell me if there is some sort of adjustment i should be making to something. i have tried searching but cant find anything.

Here are some pictures with the new swash plate outer shaft bearing and the lower rotor head along with the new body.

You guys were right with the statement that i needed to add the multi million dollar cnc battery tray to the parts bin for now.

Dec 08, 2012, 09:47 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
I doubt ANY CX2/3 will fly decently outside with the ELE servo in the 1st hole. I would claim that even with no wind you will need to go out at least one or two holes on the ELE to get it flying forward outdoors ...
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Dec 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
I doubt ANY CX2/3 will fly decently outside with the ELE servo in the 1st hole. I would claim that even with no wind you will need to go out at least one or two holes on the ELE to get it flying forward outdoors ...
I was thinking the holes on the servo can you please explain a bit in laymen terms which one
Dec 08, 2012, 11:48 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
I was thinking the holes on the servo can you please explain a bit in laymen terms which one
Sorry this is the V4 but, I think you'll get the idea.

When you have your push rods in the first hole, there is not much authority. So, you move the push rod out a hole or two. The further out you go on the servo arm, it gives you more throw. More throw = more authority.

Yeah, you will have to re-level swash...

Mike.
Dec 09, 2012, 12:48 AM
What would you say is the best way to re-level the swash. Ie is there a proportion way.. also the guys at the hobby shop told me to not ever move those. I trust you guys more though. Would you say my choice to do the cx3 upgrade was a good idea or would you go another route

Quick Reply