Thread Tools
Jul 19, 2012, 08:43 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
whitehawk's Avatar
Fitting the new xtreme blade grips...no instructions but I think that I figured out how to install the upper grip. The lower grip is a puzzler. Does the lower grip mount upside down?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2012, 10:53 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
whitehawk's Avatar
I think that I have the grips installed correctly now,Geez good thing I'm an engineer lol
Jul 20, 2012, 06:48 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
The part you're doing with the grips is mechanical. If you're electrical, don't touch any tools!!!
We've gone through this a very short time ago, but here goes:
The flanged bushings go over the rotor head pins with the flange toward the inside.
The bottom half of the grip is put in place and the U-shaped pieces go over the bushings and are secured by tiny screws. This makes the lower half stay in place while also capturing the bushings. Do not over-tighten the screws so they don't strip, but tighten them enough that they are secure. A touch of LocTite or even a dab of clear finger nail polish might be nice so they don't back out (nail polish just on the head of the screws, not on the threads).
The top half of the grip is now held to the bottom as well as securing the blades by socket head cap screws that require a 1.5MM Allen wrench.
You should have new links that connect the lower blade grip to the swash plate. The X goes to the outside.
Jul 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
whitehawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
The part you're doing with the grips is mechanical. If you're electrical, don't touch any tools!!!
We've gone through this a very short time ago, but here goes:
The flanged bushings go over the rotor head pins with the flange toward the inside.
The bottom half of the grip is put in place and the U-shaped pieces go over the bushings and are secured by tiny screws. This makes the lower half stay in place while also capturing the bushings. Do not over-tighten the screws so they don't strip, but tighten them enough that they are secure. A touch of LocTite or even a dab of clear finger nail polish might be nice so they don't back out (nail polish just on the head of the screws, not on the threads).
The top half of the grip is now held to the bottom as well as securing the blades by socket head cap screws that require a 1.5MM Allen wrench.
You should have new links that connect the lower blade grip to the swash plate. The X goes to the outside.
The lower grips did not include any new links...I'm using the original links. What do you mean "The X goes to the outside."
Jul 20, 2012, 12:51 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
I believe what Jack means is that the link has a mark (X) that indicates that, that is how the link goes on (facing out). Also, put the "X" so it is on the top for good measure. It will not go on with the "X" facing inward. Look at the link very carefully. On some helis the link goes on only one way. On other helis it will go on either way....like the V4. Did I just say "V4" again

Mike.
Last edited by Chap1012; Jul 20, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Jul 21, 2012, 12:36 AM
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
Jul 21, 2012, 12:47 AM
Registered User
JDFiend's Avatar
Reading this thread got me interested in flying my CX2 again. This is still one of my favorite parkflyers. You can actually get some pretty good speed with these helis on a calm day with the right mods.
Jul 21, 2012, 05:42 AM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
whitehawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis
I did not get any new links in my lower blade grip package...am I missing them or do you buy these separately?
Jul 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehawk
I did not get any new links in my lower blade grip package...am I missing them or do you buy these separately?
I didn't get the links with my new lower grips either - originally. Then, they (Miracle Mart) realized their mistake and sent them separately. They OWE you those links and may be able to rectify the situation by sending you a rebuild kit/ spare parts kit (BCX301-P) that has links in it. You cannot use the stock links as they are too short. Get them off NOW so they don't ruin the grip.
Jul 21, 2012, 07:06 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFiend
Reading this thread got me interested in flying my CX2 again. This is still one of my favorite parkflyers. You can actually get some pretty good speed with these helis on a calm day with the right mods.
What in the world is going on between the upper bearing cup and the upper rotor head? Is that something that was available at the time or did you make that? It looks like a custom made inner and outer shaft.
Jul 21, 2012, 07:13 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar

Xtreme Boom Bracket


I forgot to post a picture of my boom mounted to an Xtreme boom bracket. There is a nub sticking out the back of the bracket that I originally had an aluminum tube sticking off of. I had a little boo boo and cut that nub off flush. I then removed the two rear-most screws and drilled it out to accept a 5MM CF boom. Luv has done the same thing. You can then add fins if you want. No need for a zillion dollar boom set. Sorry if the picture is a little fuzzy, but you get my drift.
Jul 21, 2012, 06:17 PM
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
Yes, I did the same thing quite a few years ago and never looked back. All my coaxial builds with Cx frames use this now. This is the very first one I did. Super cheap.

Extreme hub. $3
4.5 or 5mm CF rod. $3
HK CF 250 stabs. $4
Although my first one used current 450 CF stabs I had laying around.

Here is an easy step by step with 4.5mm cf tube, no drilling required. Ca glue and a dremel to cut the CF tubing. Now I epoxy the halves and use smaller stabs. No boom supports are needed as this thing is rigid. Tough, and light. Also I use shrink wrap now under the CF stabs to anchor the screws and eliminate the stabs from vibrating. I also now use different canopy's and skids. The only tricky part is to remember that on CF frames to add a small spacer on the battery tray stud the rear lower boom support goes over to make both sides even. You can clamp the halves together a dozen different ways. Even using rubber bands.

They actually froze my thread over at HF when I did this build. The mod thought it was too aggressive. It was the first brushless mod ever seen over there.
Jul 22, 2012, 03:35 AM
Registered User
JDFiend's Avatar
Jack,
My extended shaft has an actual piece of black plastic attached to the shaft. I ordered it online about 4 years ago, so I can't remember where the heck I got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
What in the world is going on between the upper bearing cup and the upper rotor head? Is that something that was available at the time or did you make that? It looks like a custom made inner and outer shaft.
Jul 22, 2012, 06:22 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
That sounds like a HeliTek extended shaft. I've never had one and they're out of business now.
Jul 22, 2012, 09:07 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
That sounds like a HeliTek extended shaft. I've never had one and they're out of business now.
I think Leethetreeguy will make you some. You'll have to ask him..

Mike


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion to buy or not to buy the blade cx2 airhead225 Coaxial Helicopters 36 Jul 09, 2009 11:01 PM
Discussion Blade CX2 Tx's - Can they be adapted to fly indoor/park flyers Sirion Electric Plane Talk 11 Apr 19, 2009 07:52 PM
Question How to program my dx7 to fly blade cx2? topforce Coaxial Helicopters 4 Sep 23, 2007 09:13 AM
Discussion How do I use my ICE to charge my batterys for blade CX2??? webejpn01 Electric Heli Talk 2 Jan 26, 2007 01:02 PM
Discussion How to learn to fly inverted with the Blade CP? Crazyrcer Micro Helis 4 Apr 05, 2006 12:59 PM