Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old May 29, 2011, 04:15 PM
PCURRY is offline
Find More Posts by PCURRY
Registered User
You guys seem to be CX2 experts so maybe you can help. It's off topic but I installed 180 motors from Boomtown and now I am chewing up the teeth on the outer gear. Seems like the pinion is not making enough horizontal contact. Thoughts?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 04:37 PM
flyeraroo is offline
Find More Posts by flyeraroo
"whirlydude"
flyeraroo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCURRY View Post
You guys seem to be CX2 experts so maybe you can help. It's off topic but I installed 180 motors from Boomtown and now I am chewing up the teeth on the outer gear. Seems like the pinion is not making enough horizontal contact. Thoughts?
It took me a while to find my posting on this, but here ya go.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...07057&page=327 scroll down and you will see what I did for better gear mesh. Since then I have went to the MicroHeli carbon fiber/ cnc frame, which is much better with no flexing, and no problem with gear mesh.
Old May 29, 2011, 04:41 PM
Chap1012 is online now
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCURRY View Post
You guys seem to be CX2 experts so maybe you can help. It's off topic but I installed 180 motors from Boomtown and now I am chewing up the teeth on the outer gear. Seems like the pinion is not making enough horizontal contact. Thoughts?
I usually shim my motors using regular Scotch tape on one end or the other of the motor (i usually cover the hole on the motor and then ream the hole). Sometimes the motor needs to come up (which i just had to do) so I used a combo of very thin plastic (i mean very thin) and a little Scotch tape to "kick" it to the side.

Mike.
Last edited by Chap1012; May 29, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:46 PM
Luvmyhelis is offline
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
The easiest method is a well known and simple fix. The problem with almost every Xtreme motor is that the outer gear motor pinion is always set too low so that it hits the inner shaft gear and tears about 1/3 off of it. You want to know the absolute easiest fix?
Just add another brass washer at the base of the outer shaft gear where it comes into contact with the lower bearing. Even owning the CF body platforms I had the same issue. Instead of trying to raise the motor and possibly cause it to lean or create any instability and throw a ton of work into it, it is far easier to lower the gear set. If it still barely touches as about 1 in 4 still do then slightly undercut the brass pinion with a dremel.

This is the most used mod to fix this issue. And it takes about 1 second to double up the washers. Just make sure you lube them.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:55 AM
erdnuckel2 is offline
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
The easiest method is a well known and simple fix. The problem with almost every Xtreme motor is that the outer gear motor pinion is always set too low so that it hits the inner shaft gear and tears about 1/3 off of it. You want to know the absolute easiest fix?
Just add another brass washer at the base of the outer shaft gear where it comes into contact with the lower bearing. Even owning the CF body platforms I had the same issue. Instead of trying to raise the motor and possibly cause it to lean or create any instability and throw a ton of work into it, it is far easier to lower the gear set. If it still barely touches as about 1 in 4 still do then slightly undercut the brass pinion with a dremel.

This is the most used mod to fix this issue. And it takes about 1 second to double up the washers. Just make sure you lube them.
cant you just take a vise or a pinion puller and "move" the pinion in the right position on the motor shaft? wouldnt THAT be the easiest fix (provided you have the tools for it) ???
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2011, 07:11 PM
Luvmyhelis is offline
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
I tried this! And it ended up moving the shaft in the motor and ruining the upper bearing casing. It doesn't need to get any lower on the shaft with a pinion puller, but needs to move the opposite direction towards the motor. So you have to drive it the other way!
Old Jun 03, 2011, 05:11 PM
Luvmyhelis is offline
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
By the way, I just transformed my CX back into a flybarless version. I know this is a double post but I don't want to see this CX thread get lost in the archives.

Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:36 PM
erdnuckel2 is offline
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
So what stabilizer system are you using for making this flybarless?? Flymentor? Beast? which one is it? ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:47 PM
Luvmyhelis is offline
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
So what stabilizer system are you using for making this flybarless?? Flymentor? Beast? which one is it? ...
Look really close.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:04 PM
erdnuckel2 is offline
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Look really close.
Ok, its the one from Skookum ... but it doesn't really say that in the picutres ... even the SK-360 is kind of hidden ... or is it SK-720 ?? ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 04, 2011, 11:51 AM
leethetreeguy is offline
Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Looks good. Lee
Old Jun 04, 2011, 05:57 PM
Luvmyhelis is offline
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
I just talked to Dan at Dionysus last night and my new DD mixer should be done this week. this will be airborne by friday. After that I am going to attempt the GA-250 mod by OlliW and integrate it into this.

It is a 360. Although I have a couple of 760s but that is way overkill on a coax.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 02:33 PM
Xanadu is offline
Find More Posts by Xanadu
Registered User
Xanadu's Avatar
Never looked though all the posts to see, but here is a link to shaft and folding blade upgrades for the CX2.
I have it, and it works fantastic!

http://www.flyrcrivesud.com/upgrade_parts11.html
Last edited by Xanadu; Jun 08, 2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:11 PM
kodak_jack is offline
Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
Never looked though all the posts to see, but here is a link to shaft and folding blade upgrades for the CX2.
I have it, and it works fantastic!

http://www.flyrcrivesud.com/upgrade_parts11.html
NO, it doesn't! We've moved away from Sonny's stuff a LOOOOOOOOng time ago.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 04:09 PM
Xanadu is offline
Find More Posts by Xanadu
Registered User
Xanadu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
NO, it doesn't! We've moved away from Sonny's stuff a LOOOOOOOOng time ago.
Works great for me, don't know what your problem is. I have never seen this thing fly better.
Sometimes things from LOOOOOOOOOOOng ago are still good, just not NEWER.

I see you never offered an explanation, nothing. You going to bash, offer explanation why, define the problem, and offer a solution.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion to buy or not to buy the blade cx2 airhead225 Coaxial Helicopters 36 Jul 10, 2009 12:01 AM
Discussion Blade CX2 Tx's - Can they be adapted to fly indoor/park flyers Sirion Electric Plane Talk 11 Apr 19, 2009 08:52 PM
Question How to program my dx7 to fly blade cx2? topforce Coaxial Helicopters 4 Sep 23, 2007 10:13 AM
Discussion How do I use my ICE to charge my batterys for blade CX2??? webejpn01 Electric Heli Talk 2 Jan 26, 2007 02:02 PM
Discussion How to learn to fly inverted with the Blade CP? Crazyrcer Micro Helis 4 Apr 05, 2006 01:59 PM