Dec 21, 2006, 10:10 AM
I would think that the BEC in the 4-1 unit drops the voltage to 5volts. With that in mind one should use a 1K resistor 1/4W in series for each LED. You could go to a 1/2 W if you want to supply all the LEDs. 20ma is the ideal current for each LED.At that level they will last a lifetime.
Sinbad
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2006, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexHobby
Well i think with the christmas rush eflight is certainly not flying cx2's before they leave. Had a guy buy one yesterday and I offered to trim it for him, he said he could do it and left. Well he was at the shop about 10 min after open today and look very discouraged. He then tells me that the heli wont lift off the ground even at full power. So tried flying it.

The motors were plugged in backwards into the 4in1 so both were spining in the wrong direction. That was sure fun. Once I changed the plugs I flew like a dream. One small pot change and it hovered like a rock. I really love these heli's.

Now if I can just master nose in!
i'm not too sure that i'd want my CX2 hovering like a rock
Dec 22, 2006, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafastsupra2
i'm not too sure that i'd want my CX2 hovering like a rock
Hey Supa..........hehe...............wanna race that "fast?" Supra??
Dec 22, 2006, 10:26 AM
if i had a supra, im 15 LOL.. i'd lose horribly if you have that bike in your avatar.

Man i cant wait until i get my cx2.. till then im being teased by fixing customers' CX's
.. o well, atleast im making money eh?
Dec 22, 2006, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafastsupra2
if i had a supra, im 15 LOL.. i'd lose horribly if you have that bike in your avatar.

Man i cant wait until i get my cx2.. till then im being teased by fixing customers' CX's
.. o well, atleast im making money eh?
15???!!!! Whew.........this old boy (62) is old enough to be your granddaddy!
Yeah, ain't no cure for dumb.......175MPH tucked under the windscreen is "almost" as fun as flying my BCX2!
Dec 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
Holy ___ there's 2 of 'em
Ha ha- I know of a Supra for ya! It's in Tenn. though!

724 rwhp, over 900ft/lbs. I've seen him flat WALK a new ZX10 from a 120mph roll on.
Dec 22, 2006, 11:48 AM
RICER ALERT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom5.0
Ha ha- I know of a Supra for ya! It's in Tenn. though!

724 rwhp, over 900ft/lbs. I've seen him flat WALK a new ZX10 from a 120mph roll on.
Dec 22, 2006, 11:56 AM
Not really. I'm a Cobra fan personally. But fast is fast.

Besides- "rice" typically implies 4-cylinder performance. And being a bike guy- 4-cyl performance should only have 2 wheels.
Dec 22, 2006, 02:28 PM
I hate ricers. Being a Jeep guy, I prefer a stroked 4.0 with a dana 44 and lockers.

Cobra Command is the name of my rig, I am a soon to be lifetime member of jeepforum.com.

And I LOVE bikes, but I already broke my neck and did halo then fusion...don't want to do it again.

Peace.

Dave

Quote:
Not really. I'm a Cobra fan personally. But fast is fast.

Besides- "rice" typically implies 4-cylinder performance. And being a bike guy- 4-cyl performance should only have 2 wheels.
Dec 22, 2006, 02:35 PM
Ha- too funny- I'm on jeepsunlimited. I have an '04 GC Freedom HO. Couldn't justify keeping the mustang since I can't/won't drive it for a 1/3 of the year. Don't have my CBR any more either- or the dirtbikes. One of these days I'll get some more toys!

Merry Christmas!

Dave
Dec 22, 2006, 03:14 PM
<gasp!> Oooohhh...he's of the "JU" type...

J/K man, Happy holidays to you too!

Dave in The 'Cuse

Quote:
Ha- too funny- I'm on jeepsunlimited. I have an '04 GC Freedom HO. Couldn't justify keeping the mustang since I can't/won't drive it for a 1/3 of the year. Don't have my CBR any more either- or the dirtbikes. One of these days I'll get some more toys!

Merry Christmas!

Dave
Dec 22, 2006, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra command
<gasp!> Oooohhh...he's of the "JU" type...

J/K man, Happy holidays to you too!

Dave in The 'Cuse
You (Phantom) got rid of your CBR?? For shame!
This attached video is how old retired guys pass the idle summer days.......not in your "basic" rocking chair! Hehe........my buddy Ralph aboard his 02' Hayabusa, hit a 174MPH reading from his tank mounted GPS! Yipee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FKaaromuFM
Dec 22, 2006, 06:44 PM
Hi folks, this is my first posting, so I apologize in advance if I make any errors.

I'm new to heli R/C's, been flying electric prop gliders for over 10 years. Bought a CX2 for my dad and another for myself for the holidays. Love it!

But, and you all knew there was going to be a but, I finally crashed into the couch last night after about a week of flying. No prop breaks after a detailed look-over, but I noticed the heli vibrating on power up and can't remember if it did that before. I did the 'lower blade only then upper blade only' check and found the vibration only when the upper blades started up. When I give it enough power for take off, I don't notice any vibration at all. Here's what I've checked so far:

1) The 'flybar' seemed to be bent, so I straightened it out best I could. Looks fine. Vibration was less, but it's still there.

2) The tracking of the upper blades is very hard to see, but they look fine.

3) Nothing else seems loose.

4) I even tried to play with the weights at the end of the flybar. Not sure if it really made a difference.

My LHS told me to check the (1) flybar, (2) shaft--don't know how to do that and (3) that there could be a linkage (or something) out of whack.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. I've been reading this thread for over a week now and found you folks to be very friendly and helpful. I'm sure I'm not the first to make this request and surely won't be the last.

Thank you in advance!

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Robert
Dec 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
Ascended Master
Take the blades off, and run the motors. Feel the shafts for vibration.
The inner shaft is subject to bending because it's so long.
Check the blade holders.. there's 2 drive pins for the upper blades, 2 for the lower blades, and 2 pins for the lower blade links. Any one (or more) of these can break without being obviously gone.
Dec 23, 2006, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul
Take the blades off, and run the motors. Feel the shafts for vibration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul

The inner shaft is subject to bending because it's so long.
Check the blade holders.. there's 2 drive pins for the upper blades, 2 for the lower blades, and 2 pins for the lower blade links. Any one (or more) of these can break without being obviously gone.

I'll check the shaft...didn't realize it was so simple a task to do! Also, I'll look at the pins as well.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon Sparky!

One thing I did was take the flybar off and rolled it along the table. It was slightly bent around the axis point, so I straightened that out. I also adjusted the flybar stabilizer linkage - first CCW one full turn (which made it worse), then CW two full turns (one past original). I then powered up just the top blade. The tracking (which I finaly was able to see) and the vibration got a little better. So I turned it CW again, but was only able to get a 1/2 turn, the two halves are now tight together. I guess I could try and cut some of the ends off to give me more room, but the shaking is pretty much gone.

Another question if I may. I just can't get it to hover in one place steadily like I've seen the 'big heli's' do. Is that just the nature of this beast? I realize there's ground effect and wash from furniture, but even away from that all, it never sits in one place for very long. Here's what I've got set so far:

1) The yaw is set okay and realize that I'll have to play with the trim throughout the flight do to the battery.

2) The elevator trim is set all the way back because the heli wants to always fly forward. Don't know how to safely change the CG. I pull the battery back just a bit, then it's not 'velcroed' secure.

3) The heli also likes to lean to the right, so I have left trim set. I've noticed the 4-1 unit is slightly off center on its platform towards the right.

I sure would appreciate any other help you folks could offer. I know my father is trying to learn on his also and he has no R/C experience. But he's an electronics engineer who also works on and understands batteries, so I'm hoping he'll be able to help with the electronics part of flying.

Thanks again!

Robert

Quick Reply