Dec 05, 2006, 10:40 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Blade CX2 - How I Buy, Fly & Modify

With the recently introduced Eflite Blade CX-2 there have already been a number of threads posted. This presents a challenge to all of us Blade CX2 owners, how many threads to we have to track down and read every day, to many. So, can we all start keeping our posts in this thread for our beloved CX2's. Please kindly redirect any wayward souls to this thread if you see Blade CX2 posts elsewhere. Perhaps if this thread gets popular enough the Forums Mods will sticky it.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2006, 10:50 PM
Ok I'm here, where's the info?
Dec 06, 2006, 12:39 AM
But Honey..It was only $$
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters
Dec 06, 2006, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros
With the recently introduced Eflite Blade CX-2 there have already been a number of threads posted. This presents a challenge to all of us Blade CX2 owners, how many threads to we have to track down and read every day, to many. So, can we all start keeping our posts in this thread for our beloved CX2's. Please kindly redirect any wayward souls to this thread if you see Blade CX2 posts elsewhere. Perhaps if this thread gets popular enough the Forums Mods will sticky it.
There is quite a lot of good information in the other posts so you may want to add links to all those in your first post so that all that information does not have to be repeated.

BCX2 battery charging and tail drift;
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605331

BCX2 General;
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603321

There are other BCX threads that apply to the BCX2 also so you may want to add those in too.

Vip.
Dec 06, 2006, 09:53 AM
Everyone crashes sometime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters
Don't tell me you brought that tricky and mischevious dwarf with you, did you? Or do you keep him busy on the bike thread?

Carl
Dec 06, 2006, 12:38 PM

My CX2.....

I’m going to attempt to list my own personal experiences and tweaks on this thread pertaining to my new CX2 that I have now had for 8 days. Most of this is redundant and old news for most you guys, but if it can help prevent a noob from becoming discouraged and frustrated with his new hobby, I’ll consider it worthwhile.
OK….out of the box my CX2 hovered somewhat nicely, but not up to my expectations, based on all the positive hoopla as advertised I expected better. Compared to my fine tuned/trimmed CX, I knew I had my work cut out for me:
1. Response seemed not quit as good as the CX, so I moved the pushrod linkage out one hole, problem solved.
2. The gyro gain, in my opinion, was set too high from the factory, resulting in a rather twitchy tail. Backed it off a bit, problem solved. (it took a few adjustments to find that “sweet spot”).
3. After the end of each pack (three for comparison), I noticed that I had the Tx rudder trim pushed all the way to the right to compensate for left nose drift. A slight clockwise adjustment of the proportional pot solved the problem. I figure I have it adjusted correctly when slight right and/or left nose drift during flight can be adjusted from the Tx rudder trim, resulting in the trim being somewhat pushed back to the neutral position by flight end.
4. I was also getting a very slight toilet bowl effect, some noobies wouldn’t even notice, but me, well, that’s another story. Anyway, first I checked the flybar to make sure it was straight, it was. Then I made sure the upper blade tracking was good, it was. I then very lightly lubricated the flybar ball linkage with Teflon based oil so that the flybar moves up and down a couple times when I flick it lightly with my finger, all good (note: I always remove that flybar holder screw, sometimes saves that inner shaft hub from breaking in the event of a crash). But after doing all that, I still had the toilet bowl issue!? Ah ha, found the problem! Even though the top blades were both marked with a little “1” as installed at the factory, when I removed them I found them to be WAY out of balance. I have many spares and found two that were balanced to one another. Toilet bowl gone, now hovers perfectly!
I hope others will add their personal observations and subsequent fixes to this thread as time goes on. I have only been in this hobby a few months but without the invaluable information contained in this forum, I know I would have soon moved on to other things.
Dec 06, 2006, 02:52 PM
CCBUSA, it is very useful what you write.

Im still waiting for my bcx2 order. Hopefully, next week!

So tail drift can be solved by using proportional pot? This seems a good improvement....

Thanks
Dec 06, 2006, 09:00 PM
The Dwarf says: " Flying over people's houses help him to find cats"!
Dec 06, 2006, 09:16 PM
n00b pilot
Butters, can I make a copy of "Hello Kitty Island Adventure"?
Dec 06, 2006, 09:16 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
My CX2 is coming Friday. Is there an explanation on how to connect a HH gyro to channel 5 in the manual? I purchased the CX2 thinking the built in gyro was good enough, but I am finding out after reading these threads that it is not.
Dec 06, 2006, 09:18 PM

My CX2 IS a DUD????????????????

I just got my CX2 today. I did the radio binding. Then I unplugged the two motors, powered on the radio, then plugged in the battery.

I tested the pitch and roll controls for the first time.

1) The roll worked fine.

2) The pitch servo is totally messed up!!!!!!!!! When I move the right stick and and down, the servo will move and then it will freeze up, the red light on the 4-1 box will come on for a brief moment. At this point the servo MIGHT come back to a responsive state, but sometimes the servo just completely FREEZES and remains stuck. I can hear the "servo hum" sound.

This sucks. I am so pissed off. I tried to call the support line but they are already closed.

I DO NOT THINK MY HELI WAS FACTORY FLOWN!. THERE IS NO FRIGGIN WAY THIS THING FLEW.

Anybody have suggestions before I throw the heli into the wall or feed it to the neighbor's dog?
Dec 06, 2006, 09:22 PM
what does the cx2 have that the cx does not besides the new rx?
Dec 06, 2006, 11:49 PM
Baseheadez... you need a new servo we had the same problem with one returned to our shop. With servo plugged in the system wouldn't arm and the servo was very noisy. We had to return the unit as no servos are avaiable at this time.... Sorry to here yours is bad out of the box. This is is are fist bad CX out of the box and we have sold close to 50 units by now.
Dec 07, 2006, 01:04 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Base,
Not to insult your intelligence, but did you let the transmitter light go solid red before you plugged the heli battery in? Then did you let it remain still after plugging in, especially till the green light come on flashes several times and then turn solid green? Those steps are important.

If after that you still have problems, I would remove the hood (front cover) and look for any possible binding in the servo arm. If all appears good, then I would check the little dip switches at the lower front left of the tx under the cover where the red light is and be sure they match what the manual says.

Also, the binding should have been done prior to packaging so you might want to be sure those steps were done to a "T".

I think any problems will be solved by Horizon.

Good Luck and sorry you had problems.

Lyle
Dec 07, 2006, 06:13 AM
LCJ,

1)I did the binding with the binding plug.

2)The transmitter was properly synced to the 4-1 box.

3)From time to time the transmitter just seems to completely lose sync with the box.

4)The pitch servo locks up so that the heli goes backward and the servo arm remains all the way in the down position.

5) I was able to fly the heli around for a bit with no problems and I thought everything is ok for a little while, but then it locked up on me again in mid flight. Luckily, I was not too far off of the ground when it locked up and I just cut the throttle and nothing bad happened to the chopper.

I'm going to call Horizon tomorrow and ask for a replacement. I'm assuming that I got a dud because I have never seen anything like this happen before in all of my years of RC flight.

The chopper does look really cool while it's in the air, and I can't wait to get a good working heli.

-Base.

Quick Reply