New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2006, 12:34 AM
Find More Posts by GWSLAWNDART
Discussion

Alfa Model F-86 Sabre

Hey guys,

I just purchased this plane from a local hobby shop, it was used, came with a hacker es-4900kv, e-flite servos, hacker x-20 speed controller, reciever all pre-installed, little damage to the nose from a bad landing apparently, nothing i can't fix. Unfortunately it did not come with a manual.

Does anyone know where the C.G point is on this plane? Any advice/hints with this plane would be appreciated.

Thanks

Luis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2006, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
there should be some small lines under the wings next to the fuse..thats the cg ..I think! ) I will check
Last edited by turbonut; Dec 05, 2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2006, 12:48 AM
Find More Posts by Bthree
Two moulded-in pips on the underside of the airframe mark the CofG point
Old Dec 05, 2006, 11:21 AM
Do you guys know of any place that sells Replacement pieces for this model?

I would like to change the Front Plastic Duct, It is a little banged up, and i think it would be lighter and easier to just buy a new one, then trying to fix it up.

Thanks,

Luis
Old Dec 05, 2006, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by Speed is Life
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSLAWNDART
Do you guys know of any place that sells Replacement pieces for this model?

I would like to change the Front Plastic Duct, It is a little banged up, and i think it would be lighter and easier to just buy a new one, then trying to fix it up.

Thanks,

Luis
You might have more resources over in the "foamy EDF" forum. Here's a link to one thread that talks about an aftermarket nose/duct reinforcement for the Alfa F-86: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575608
Good Luck,
-Mike
Old Dec 05, 2006, 01:15 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the Reply, I send RedFive a PM, His kit looks like it will be a PERFECT replacement, I'm excited

Luis