Thread Tools
Dec 08, 2006, 10:59 AM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
MrFlash's Avatar
EPP fus and depron wings should give you the best of both worlds.. you hardly ever break depron wings, it tends be be the fus front end for obvious reasons

Be carefull letting yer daughter cut yer plans... if yer Infineon ends up looking like a cutout of Justin Timberlake with wings we'll know who to blame !
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2006, 12:09 PM
Crash & Burn
rmgmag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetrappe
rmgmag, Sounds like you're well under way with a build there, good stuff. Flash built the Maniac from scratch in 4 days, which proves they're fairly quick to build. ......

Good luck with the build.

Si.
Wow, you guys are fast builders, but then again, I'm only able to spend a couple of hours a night on it or less, plus this will be only my 2nd scratch built plane but I'm hoping that I can pick up the pace a bit.

Looking forward to those pics and vids!!
Dec 08, 2006, 12:10 PM
Crash & Burn
rmgmag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlash
.....
Be carefull letting yer daughter cut yer plans... if yer Infineon ends up looking like a cutout of Justin Timberlake with wings we'll know who to blame !
hahahah
Dec 08, 2006, 03:41 PM
Registered User
sloper steve's Avatar
superb!
Dec 08, 2006, 07:29 PM
Crash & Burn
rmgmag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloper steve
superb!
This is a quote from my daugher "I don't even like Justin Timberlake"...I just hope she does a good job...

Bob
Dec 09, 2006, 12:18 AM
Registered User
I love the lines on this little bipe. The plans printed and taped together (time depending I might still brake down and get the copy service to A0 a set for me though). I am hoping to get everything together to make some cutting templates for some hot wire fun.

I am thinking of trying first with some bluecor, and modify the plans to make the plane into more of a flyer than the little 3D beasty that it really is. Once I have it together, I will drop it on a scale, and possibly some center of gravity/glide tests to see if it looks like it is worth mounting the electronics in – or if I should just go get some other material.

Anyway, thanks for the log, it has been inspirational.
Dec 09, 2006, 12:38 AM
I used to be all thumbs...
NumbSkull's Avatar
Make sure you let us know how it turns out with the bluecor. I've been wanting to try one of these out. I can buy some EPP, but I would like to wait until Slowfly.com has more sizes available so that I can order a few different sizes. As I sit now though.. I have plenty of FFF sitting around, and even some sturdy board.

I'm wondering if the sturdy board might not be worth trying? It's been so long since i used any, I cant remember if it's heavier then bluecor or not.
Dec 09, 2006, 01:12 PM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
MrFlash's Avatar
We dont have Bluecor over here (that I know of) so I dont know what it weighs compared to EPP or depron.

Chainlink..its not a 3D beast honest, just drop yer control rates a little and its a great aileron trainer . My flying ability is average at best and its super docile to fly . CG should be around 2" back from the bottom wing L/E to start with (measured at the fus, not the tip)

Numbskull, Steve has some 6mm in stock which is what we used for the wings & tail surfaces, at a push it would be fine for the fus as well, in fact it would only add a little to the weight and it would be nearly indestructable
Dec 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
Build 2 Bounce!
Thread OP
I managed to get some video of the Infi' in the hall yesterday, nothing amazing, but a bit more footage to show the plane flying. I've added a link to the first post.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=1093689

Flight was using GWS 9x5 DD prop and 2S400 lipolys.

I tried an 8x4 on 3S, but unfortuntely it didn't perform as well as i'd hoped Not as much punch as the other setup, probably due to the esc not being able to handle the amps and/or the lipos not able to supply enough.

Si.
Dec 10, 2006, 11:52 AM
Crash & Burn
rmgmag's Avatar
Nice vid.

I've got all of the parts cut out and I'm at the point where it's time to mount the motor. Where should the thrust line be? I can't really tell from the plans or the instructions. Great instructions by the way. It's going together very quickly and it's looking really nice. I probably won't get much done on it today, but with a bit of luck I'll have it finished by the end of the week.

I'm going to put my Custom CDR hot wind motor in it. It easily handles one of my 10 oz biplanes, but I have it way over propped with a 9x5 DD and a 3S battery. But it's held up fine, so it should be a good match to the Infineon.

Bob
Dec 10, 2006, 12:27 PM
Build 2 Bounce!
Thread OP
Bob, Glad its going well.

The thrust line is just above the centre crutch. It's the long line on the plans which sticks out both ends of the fus (did your daughter cut them off maybe? ). Open the full page PDF on your comp and it should make sense.

That motor sound like it's up to the task. If it'll cope with a 9x5 on 3S then you should have ample power for outdoor flying

Thanks for the update.

Si.
Dec 10, 2006, 01:20 PM
Crash & Burn
rmgmag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetrappe
Bob, Glad its going well.

The thrust line is just above the centre crutch. It's the long line on the plans which sticks out both ends of the fus (did your daughter cut them off maybe? ). Open the full page PDF on your comp and it should make sense.

That motor sound like it's up to the task. If it'll cope with a 9x5 on 3S then you should have ample power for outdoor flying

Thanks for the update.

Si.
Thanks, got it.

My daughter only cut about 1/2 of the plans, I got impatient and couldn't wait to get started. The fuse does look a little like Justin Timberlake, oops I think I cut the fuse out...
Dec 11, 2006, 07:45 AM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
MrFlash's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag
Thanks, got it.

My daughter only cut about 1/2 of the plans, I got impatient and couldn't wait to get started. The fuse does look a little like Justin Timberlake, oops I think I cut the fuse out...
yer getting me worried dude
Dec 11, 2006, 10:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetrappe
I managed to get some video of the Infi' in the hall yesterday, nothing amazing, but a bit more footage to show the plane flying. I've added a link to the first post.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=1093689

Flight was using GWS 9x5 DD prop and 2S400 lipolys.

I tried an 8x4 on 3S, but unfortuntely it didn't perform as well as i'd hoped Not as much punch as the other setup, probably due to the esc not being able to handle the amps and/or the lipos not able to supply enough.

Si.
Great video again ! That is one nice plane !! I need to get in an order for some foam! Just out of curiosit, when you make those slow left turns , close to the floor,do you have to give it much rudder ?
Dec 12, 2006, 03:36 AM
Build 2 Bounce!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychaser53
Great video again ! That is one nice plane !! I need to get in an order for some foam! Just out of curiosit, when you make those slow left turns , close to the floor,do you have to give it much rudder ?

Thanks SC53! I wish I could fly well enough to show it off to it's full potential (i've only been flying powered planes for 6 months ). I use a lot of rudder control when flying indoors, it keeps the turns flat and the speed down. The rudder on the Infi is pretty big, so only small amounts are needed to swing it round. It flys as well inverted as it does the right way up, i've just got to train my brain to cope with the rudder controls reversing when inverted so I can do it


Si.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log “BigNasty” Full fuse, full wing. Free Plans and Build Guide. WaterDog Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 980 Aug 05, 2019 10:15 PM
Build Log "STS" Seaplane/Airplane Free Plans, Build Guide and Videos! WaterDog Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 834 Jul 05, 2019 06:38 PM
Build Log Fly the “NASTY”! Free Plans, Build Guide, and Videos WaterDog Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 1554 Jun 30, 2019 08:45 PM
Build Log Sumo 3D - Free Plans, Build Guide and Video firetrappe Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 1769 Sep 19, 2017 06:50 PM
"BIGNASTY" Full fuse, full wing. Free plans, Build Guide. WaterDog 3D Flying 0 Aug 16, 2005 10:31 PM