Dec 05, 2006, 06:07 AM

Fantastic !

I just watched the video ! ! That is one Fantastic Bipe ! !
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2006, 06:42 AM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychaser53
I just watched the video ! ! That is one Fantastic Bipe ! !
Thanks skychaser, That was the Version 1 prototype with a heavy battery and me and my numpty fingers at the sticks. Just wait till we try and get a better video sorted of the improved version. Think firetrappe's done a great job on those graffx on the V2 !! .

cheers Dude
Dec 05, 2006, 08:01 AM
Ahh, nice plane, nice plans.... Might just put this one at first place on my building list.. have 4 or 5 sheets of 5mm EPP growing old.

AXI 2204/54 on 9x5? Only 2 cells Lipo then?

Kim
Dec 05, 2006, 08:40 AM
Very Nice !!!!

What is the static thrust and amp draw on that 2204/54 with 2 cells?
Dec 05, 2006, 09:49 AM
Hey there Firetrappe,
Great job on the Infineon build.
I am downloading the plans and looking forward to the build and maiden of this bird.
OD
Dec 05, 2006, 10:22 AM
Extreamly nice aircraft and build log.
I'm currently without EPP, but
this will wean me off of FFF.

WWII
Dec 05, 2006, 10:39 AM
Hi Firetrappe,

Where do buy EPP foam from in the UK?

Fantastic looking Bipe!

Steve.
Dec 05, 2006, 12:36 PM
Build 2 Bounce!
Thread OP
Thanks for the kind comments guys!

As far as tech specs go for the motor/prop/lipo combo I'll leave them for Flash to answer. I'll be honest, I'm not that well up on motors, winds etc so I took his advice and just used what we knew worked

90% of the materials and gear used in my build were supplied by Steve at www.slofly.com (great guy and slofly's service is exceptional). I know he's had delays getting EPP from his supplier recently, but it should be in stock by the weekend.

When I need EPP quickly in the UK, i've found the best guys to use are either Robotbirds www.robotbirds.co.uk or FlyingWings www.flyingwings.co.uk. Robotbirds do not advertise EPP sheets on their site, however if you give them a call they'll sort you out

Si,
Dec 05, 2006, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhey
Ahh, nice plane, nice plans.... Might just put this one at first place on my building list.. have 4 or 5 sheets of 5mm EPP growing old.

AXI 2204/54 on 9x5? Only 2 cells Lipo then?

Kim
Hi Kim ,

Yes 2 cells for a 9x5, I know some people try 9x3.8 on 3 cells but I tend to drop a prop size to 8x4 on 3's to save my batteries .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKP27
Very Nice !!!!

What is the static thrust and amp draw on that 2204/54 with 2 cells?
Hi GKP27

On 2 cells you can get over 300g' (about 11oz) thrust with a 9x5 GWS HDD prop drawing about 6.5 amps. The motor is just begining to runout of its peak efficency curve at this point but it still gives you enough power to punch out of a hover.

The Infineon was designed as a hybrid (F3P / 3D) aerobatic foamy so with a thrust ratio of 1.4 it should be more than ample for most manouvers with carefull throttle control. If you're just interested in pure 3D just drop down to an 8x4 or 9 x 3.8 prop and run 3 cells to give you that extra kick.

If your flyings restricted to outdoors only try a 2208/34 on 3 cells and it will blow you away !!

Hope this helps
Dec 05, 2006, 05:26 PM
Dudes,
Very cool, I have been waiting to see how you put this one together,Flash/Fire. I was wondering if you have air cooling vents for the motor and battery/esc? Ho,Ho,Ho, Merry Christmas! or?Holidays ,lol.
Roland
Dec 06, 2006, 02:32 AM
Roland,

Hows things dude..long time no see !!.

Hope the weathers nice over on the big H, windy and rain (again) here in the UK.

It seems to be fine without vents so far. The front of the motor is exposed so it gets lots of propwash to keep thigs cool and the inside of the fus / lipo bay is so huge theres plenty of circulation to get to the ESC.

I think Si's still running his TB9 and Im on a CC10 so with the motor drawing about 7 amps max and 3 to 4 amps constant its not putting to much strain on the "drivetrain" to get it overheating anyway...hopefully

I'm shure firetrappe will chip in about the temperature info on his TB9 as no doubt that will be the weapon of choice from you fellas across the pond.

Anyway, Merry Christmas dude ..nice to hear from you again
Dec 06, 2006, 08:26 AM
Build 2 Bounce!
Thread OP
Hi Roland!

Still wringing out your slofly's??

I've not got any accurate temps for the TB9 in this setup, but during static tests it seems to only get slightly warm, nothing to worry about.

I guess the hole for the motor wires could be enlarged to get a bit more airflow to the esc, but it's that cold over here at the moment i'm not too worried about mine

Si.
Dec 06, 2006, 01:58 PM
Hi guys , thanks for the response. I didnt think about the weather , at your house, coldest it gets here is 59 degrees or so ,OOPS.. I been Working on a head camera setup, and it makes me look like a BORG ,lol. Took some fiddling, but got it working.
I will get some photos of the setup,one day. I can now do videos , whenever I want to ,now ,lol. but i need to get some stick-time in again, before i post any videos, I have been using the 28 and 2s-800 w/8-4 to get the camera sighted in (lots of duration) but just got over the flu and rain, etc ,.. so not much flying the past few weeks. Anyways , great build/plan layout.
Roland
Dec 06, 2006, 02:22 PM
Yo Flash,
I tried to , maintain a little idle throttle on the down lines ,like a gasser, to see if it would slow me down. But I havent been able to do much flying lately. Let me know what you think , ok?
Roland
Dec 06, 2006, 02:25 PM
Crash & Burn
Any chance of tiling the plans in an 8.5x11 format?

Quick Reply