Dec 02, 2006, 07:32 PM
Go Faster!!
Thread OP
Alert

Kyle and his 100" Extreme go 302 MPH!!!

Just got off the phone with Joe Manor who was talking with Fermin Bill in his shop who was on the phone with Dean who was listening to King of the hill calling out the speeds at Parker and Kyle just went 302 MPH with his 100" Extreme!!! New World Record!!!!
Last edited by Jason Lilly; Dec 02, 2006 at 07:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2006, 08:17 PM
blah...
NO WAY!!!

sweet..

Dec 02, 2006, 08:17 PM
Is this a reprint? Or did Kyle do it again? Damn the speeds are seriously escalating! Is the limiting factor the timing device now? WD
Dec 02, 2006, 08:56 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Good day but not great... still have not seen the full potential of the 100" Extreme OR what Parker Mt is capable of.... like i said... it was good but not great... it just takes the right plane, right pilot and right conditions... today was it!.... Kyle pushed his Extreme harder today than i have EVER EVER seen him do before... he flew on the ragged edge as if it did not matter if his plane came home intact or not...

So i guess the radar gun is offically maxed out???? 302mph was just unbelievable to see as it is for some to try and read and imagine...

Unfortunatley i did not get video of the 302mph run... SOMEONE may have???? and i hope they post it... but i do have a lot of video of him hitting the earlier high of 280mph.. good quality and a noise that is out of this world.

Overall a great day with great people... A LOT of people up there today.... i think everyone had a great time in some great weather...

i have a TON of pics and a TON of video.. i'll get on it when i can... right now im gonna go clear my car out of kinetic pieces.

JOe
Dec 02, 2006, 08:58 PM
blah...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
.. right now im gonna go clear my car out of kinetic pieces.

JOe
Ahhhhhh f- That sucks Joe....

How was the turbulence today?
Dec 02, 2006, 09:04 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
it was actually REALLY smooth i would safely say about 90% of the day... as it got later Kyle PUSHED for that 302 and said it was bumpy... like an excited little girl i RAN down to get the kinetic and radio, launched... in the air for about 2-3 minutes i cant get my heart rate down and just dumb thumbed it into the hill at 218mph....

Killer debris field..

But it was SMOOTH the whole time before..

JOe
Dec 02, 2006, 09:11 PM
{A life in the wind=~-
Sorry about the Kinetic, dude. Some killer hardware bit the dust up here today too -

Congrats Kyle!
Dec 02, 2006, 10:11 PM
Suspended Account

New DS record?

302 mph? Kyle must have pushed harder after I left early today. Will he register new speed to renew his official record? Should we call 302 mph as his new record from now?

I saw the borrowed speed gun was not the top class with limited use. Is the figure reliable?
Dec 02, 2006, 10:16 PM
Suspended Account

Parker Mt. 12/2/06

I posted today's picture here.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=2#post6486197
Dec 02, 2006, 10:23 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim

I saw the borrowed speed gun was not the top class with limited use. Is the figure reliable?
John.. yes it was the real deal... Dean (D.S.) Came up after you left and had with him a Stalker Pro.... caught 9 out of 10 passes and there were numerous passes in the 290's... myself and dean were at the gun when the 302 pulled up..

i will honestly vouch that it was very legit.

JOe
Dec 02, 2006, 10:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joe, the King,

OK. I will call 302 mph as the world record.

What you mean "clear car out of Kinetic pieces?" Did you crash that beautiful plane?
Sorry if that is true.

Here is the last picture of your Kinetic I took today. Frame it and hang on the wall. Amen.
Dec 02, 2006, 11:30 PM
Congrats Kyle! Seems like you can just go over 300 at will

Sorry about the Kinetic JOe. I know the feeling well...

Sounds like alot of fun was had today! Maybe tomorrow will give some more good stuff.

Spencer
Dec 02, 2006, 11:37 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Tomorrow is gonna be good... at least it looks that way on the forecast's... its blowing hard santa ana's here at my house wich is 15-20 miles from parker... listening to my wind chimes just beating the heck out of eachother...

Goodluck to whoever goes up tomorrow.

JOe
Dec 03, 2006, 12:38 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Video of kyle today... NOT the 302 pass.. but high in this video is 282mph... it just shows a good idea of the speed, size of the lap, and the noise it makes.. Turn it up and check it out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eu11mW932aM
Dec 03, 2006, 12:43 AM
Watching the Aneometer
Watching Kyle was something else... The sound of the plane at that speed was amazing. We left at 283 and were truly impressed.

Quick Reply