Old Dec 01, 2006, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by slotracer577
Discussion

TID Tug?

I had been looking for a tug to scratch build and ran across the Tid tug. Traplett has plans @ 1/24 scale which puts it at 35.5" long. This is a little smaller than I would like to make, so is there a common scale that I could use that would make it a little larger (1/18th)? I am thinking about 48" oal.

I plan on putting all the frames in cad so I can get all the parts laser cut. Once it is done, I will post the cutting files.

John
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2006, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by der kapitan
"day ain't over yet-"
Hi Slotracer,

Three feet long is a respectable size for a tug, and you should be aware that if you make one about 4' long, the displacement weight will increase considerably. Also, if
you go to an orphan scale, (1/18th) there will probably be few fittings available.
Old Jan 07, 2007, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by Kaskazi
Look around Kingston Mouldings site for hull and plans:
T.I.D. class 1943 single-screw steam tug 890 x 220mm (35 x 8.7) - white, grey or black 54.75 D (Scale approx. 1:24)
T.I.D. tug 1070 x 270mm (42.1 x 10.6), supplied with plan for 890mm version - grey or white 79.50 F (Scale approx. 1:20)
www.KingstonMouldings.com
Old Jan 09, 2007, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Taner Kalkay
I plan on putting all the frames in cad so I can get all the parts laser cut. Once it is done, I will post the cutting files.

John[/QUOTE]

John
I am planning to make a model of an old Tug Boat, which was manufactured in Belgium,

Year 1910
Length 30.0 m
Beam 6.7 m
Weight 182 t

I have only a picture of it. No frames no plans. May I have access to you AutoCad drawings that may guide me in creating my scratch build model.