Sep 06, 2002, 01:13 PM
Tee Sqaured

summer 2002, the summer i lerned to fly

Almost 3 years ago, I got my very first RC airplane, a multiplex teddy, witch, I had no successes. I didnít bother to get an instructor, and just decided to try and learn by myself. Had no luck at all, no matter how much I though I new how to fly, it never worked. I got lots of books from the library, but still, I never managed to get the thing in the air. After getting very frustrated, I happened to find the e-zone. And it helped a lot. After a very very crumpled start, I almost gave up, but I got lots of help for the e-zone, and convinced me to keep going. On April 18íTh (my birthday) I got a firebird XL. I will never forget my very first successful flight. After we got to the park, I did my preflight, and did a range check. With all excuses gone, I fire here up, and tossed her into the wind. I will forever remember that flight, after that, I was hooked. Now I know what a 15 minute flight is like! After that, 2 weeks before summer, I got my first of two Pico stick FD's in one weekend, I had mastered 3 channel controls. I had a real blast with the GWS slow flyers. On Sunday, it will be the 2 week mark of my very first ezette flight. Unlike my other planes, I had an expericed pilot take her up on the very first fight. On the second flight, he handed the sticks over to me. That night, I looked back, in February; I decide to try the teddy agene. And still had no luck. Now, here I am, at the end of summer, I can fly! This summer, I made a promise to my self, this summer, I would learn to fly, just go's to show you, if you put you mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

Thomas
Last edited by Thomas Manson; Sep 06, 2002 at 01:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2002, 04:19 PM
Suspended Account
Aaahhh the thrill of flight. Congratulations.

David
Sep 06, 2002, 04:29 PM

Thanks

Thomas,

That is a great story. Thanks for telling it to us. Keep up the good work and "go get um!!"

Roger
Sep 06, 2002, 04:32 PM
End User
Way to go man!
Sep 06, 2002, 04:33 PM

HOORAY!

Congratulations Thomas! Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. ATTA BOY!!!
Sep 06, 2002, 05:04 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
This summer you tackle flying, next summer....grammar and spelling!! Just kidding, congrats on your success!
Sep 06, 2002, 05:06 PM
Tee Sqaured
just got back for another flight, this time, in 20k winds! . but the ezette is a very good windy day plane. fun fun! FUN.

Thomas
Sep 06, 2002, 05:17 PM
A Clinger
. Been there. Congrads!!! I know how you feel . I think we all do!
Sep 06, 2002, 05:50 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Flyman

Mega-congratulations. I'm envious, you've got about a 40 year head start on me. Wish we had had this stuff when I was a kid.

Keep on Truckin'.

Chuck
Sep 07, 2002, 12:12 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
OK thomas, now you just need to get your MAAC wings! A challenge for next year I presume. After that, start exploring textbook manuvres (ie, procedure turn, missed approach, split-s, etc. )
Sep 07, 2002, 12:15 PM
Leave me alone!
Great story, Thomas! Keep it up!

Martin
Sep 10, 2002, 09:53 PM
Winter Sucks!!
Say Thomas...the Teddy part of your story caught my eye since I was thinking about geting one. Did you ever find out what the problem was and get it to fly?