Dec 13, 2006, 10:44 PM
Nice plans Gene. How to see more guys fly this one, it's a winner!!!

Did mine out of Cellofoam 88 because I wanteed to try some. It took regular Loctite ca without melting it, tho I hot glued the wings on and epoxied the wings together.

Still trying to fing a stor that sells that bamboo mat for cf replacement that everyone is talking about. The CF I used is more $ than the motor!!!

These would be a blast for streamer combat.

Paul
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2006, 09:04 AM
Crash Master
Just took a turn this AM in the street out front, before the winds picked up... OK, it's a winner!

May try some bigger % control surfaces
Dec 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
flyin' fool
I built a 24 at 5.3 ounces and a 26 at 5.8 ounces, that's RTF with 3S 350s. Both powered by 20MM, same turns, at 50 watts in. The 26 incher has the edge.

Thanks for posting plans Gene.

Frank
Dec 14, 2006, 02:12 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thanks Gene and Jer !!!.... Got the airframe built ... ready for gear , hopefully able to test on Sat.

PS... just a couple mods ...sorry !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 14, 2006, 08:00 PM
GPW

stick to the plan
just can't stop those creative juices can you
Dec 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
Yes, right there.
I built a depron dart-alike a few days ago. 26 inch span, powered by a small hacker clone. Flew like crap on elevons, so I cut out ailerons and stuck a big fat elevator on the rear. Flew great!
Yes, flew... Took it out in like 50 km/hr winds... More like an RC kite :-)
A hard impact knocked the firewall loose. Don't know if I'll bother fixing or moving onto V2.
Pics possible, if anyone is interested
P.S. No dihedral, either. Fun!
Dec 15, 2006, 12:59 AM
GPW
oooooops !!!!!!! my bad ........... quick glance at the pic on the left, and i thought had a orange canopy. sincerest apoligies !!!!!
Dec 15, 2006, 06:40 AM
gpw
gpw
Jer , it is I who must apologize ...Confess I made a profile fuse with opposed skewers , left off the landing gear , and used a skewer/dihedral brace across the top wing center , ala Coarse air... At least I modified in ways that youse' guys came UP with ....felt it was sorta' sticking to the program ,eh ????

Orange is Plasti Kote , odds and ends Flo. orange from the Wal-Mart .. Cheap , and it looks great onderundersidenofderwingentips really far away ... Makes orientation easy ...
Dec 17, 2006, 06:02 AM
Crash Master
Well?

I flew mine yesterday in 15-25mph winds... So did a buddy. We tried to get indoors, but the basketball game was in the way
Dec 17, 2006, 06:13 AM
gpw
gpw
Why do dumb basketball players get gym preference ALL the time over we "enlightened" modelers .... Ah , the masses ??????
Dec 17, 2006, 07:29 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Almost as bad as those little soccer brats cluttering up my field all summer long! Although it is fun to do a high 300' pass over the game with a 60" wing when the ball is in play..hehehe

Tony
Dec 17, 2006, 10:33 AM
Rubbernecks
-hehehe

WWII
Dec 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
flyin' fool
What's worse is people letting their dogs leave land mines in the middle of my landing strip........talk about a crappy landing.
Dec 17, 2006, 04:14 PM
gpw
gpw
Many of the Public Centers seem to be oriented to just a few people .....?????and it's not us ...?????
Since I crashed the holy out of the Sidewinder today , I'll be having all the radio I need now to finish the Dart .... Yea!!!! What a way to free UP gear ....??????
Dec 17, 2006, 04:57 PM
Crash Master
I'm adding a little to the elevator, sliding the cg back, and working on a variant

I love this plane!

Quick Reply