New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2007, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by donjiskra
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Lucien,
THANK YOU!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Your descriptions and photos are EXCELLENT, I congratulate and appreciate your dedication to enlightening us.

I also appreciate all the follow up comments. You guys are important to help us understand and apply, thank's.
Sincerely,
Don
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2007, 09:22 AM
Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Use the 4S Luke
Walt - Great job. Now I need to make a deans adaptor so I can borrow them from you.
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by Fantzypantz
I also want to say thanks for posting this. I know this thread is over 7 pages long now, but the instructions are very helpful. Now I am waiting for my winning bid on eBay for a DeWalt Pack.
Old Aug 09, 2007, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by russtf
I'm looking for some of the Dewalt BMS modules. I have been running my electric bike on the batteries and have managed to burn several out with shorts and overcurrent conditions. I have decided to bypass them for current draw and to use the BMS only for charging. But, I could use a few modules as spares once I repair the one dead battery I have. Let me know. I will pay $15 each. finleylester@hotmail.com

Russ
Old Aug 09, 2007, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by charlie hepler
Newbie but not too new!!
I have 2 you can get! You can have them both for $25 and shipping.
Old Aug 09, 2007, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by waltj2k
3DHobbyShop disciple
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant
Walt - Great job. Now I need to make a deans adaptor so I can borrow them from you.
Yes you do. They will be at the field on Saturday
Old Aug 09, 2007, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride

A123 Easy Stick Battery Builds

http://www.slkelectronics.com/DeWalt/hints.htm

Charles
Old Aug 09, 2007, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by Ghia
Garland
subscribed
Old Aug 09, 2007, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by waltj2k
3DHobbyShop disciple
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Wow I thought I had checked out that web page. I guess I need to look more closely.

That page has a great explanation of how to build stick packs. Plus it includes wiring diagrams for balancing tabs.

Niiiiiice.

Thanks for posting this Charles.
Last edited by waltj2k; Aug 09, 2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by finishman2000
nooobama
tagged for later confusion.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by littlejohn3
what are you using for solder paste ? please give me a name. thanks
Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by rkrauter
Great thread! Thanks for all the info. I now have 2 - 15s packs ready to go for my e620se raptor. Hopefully, it'll fly today or tomorrow.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by Ghia
Garland
thank you so much!
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by bruff
EDF all the way!
This is great thread. Going to start using these cells in my large scale electrics. My one question, do you need to have a balance plug on the pack or can you just check the cells every now and then to maintan balance?
Thanks,
Bob
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
Quote:
do you need to have a balance plug on the pack
Jury is still out on this one.Some say yes and others say no.
I have two 3 cell,five 4 cell and two 5 cell packs,all have balancing leads except for two of the 4 cell ones which are in EMC SPT (solderless power tubes).
The two without balancing leads are new ( a few cycles) and the balance is all over the place.They may settle down after a few more cycles. A123 cells are kinda strange. These new ones when fully charged show voltages from 3.6 to 4 volts no load however if placed under a 5 amp. load balance is within 0.1 volts.

Charles