Sep 04, 2002, 11:30 AM

More interesting stuff from a CD-rom

I was just about to trash the remains of the 4 cd-rom units from which IŽve removed the brushless motors when I saw a small long motor that looked like something IŽve seen before... and sure enough, there was a Mabuchi 050 in each of the cd-rom units

/Erik
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2002, 05:37 PM
Yeah, but most these motors are rated for 12V. So rewind or trash them...

Achim
Sep 05, 2002, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achim Stegmeier
Yeah, but most these motors are rated for 12V. So rewind or trash them...

Achim
Yeah I just looked at it and it says 9V DC. Maybe it could work in a direct drive setup in a SMALL plane?

/Erik
Sep 05, 2002, 05:42 PM
Considering that we are (ab)using those tiny motors with 2 to 3 times of the nominal voltage it might be an interesting project: the 24 cell slowflyer counting in NiCads...

Achim

P.S.: Quite a time ago I had the same brilliant idea, the motors are still hanging around somewhere in my workshop.
Sep 06, 2002, 01:14 AM
rebmeM roineS
Don't forget the little neodymium magnets in the laser-head unit.
Sep 06, 2002, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achim Stegmeier
Considering that we are (ab)using those tiny motors with 2 to 3 times of the nominal voltage it might be an interesting project: the 24 cell slowflyer counting in NiCads...

Achim

P.S.: Quite a time ago I had the same brilliant idea, the motors are still hanging around somewhere in my workshop.
Hahahahaha ok I see. IŽll just trash Žem then. I got the brushless motors I wanted.

/Erik