Old Sep 04, 2002, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by Barrett
SKINNI MINI flyer

Problems with my C-20 ESC please help

Hey guys, Ive got a Great Planes C-20 speed control that is giving me a few problems. I just finished a home-built S400 flying wing that also uses a C-20 ESC with no problems. Ive got a few Johnson 250s (15 of them) and a couple of COX viper props. So i decided to test out a couple or them hooked up parallel on 7 600AEs. I know its to much battery but ive got 15 of the little boogers!

Here is where it gets wierd.....
Whenever I hook the battery to the ESC the motors come on at full power. The transmitter has no control whatsoever. The C-20 has an arming feature that requires you to move the TX stick to full for a few seconds and then move it back to off before the throtte will work.

I havent tried this system on a different TX or RX yet. What should I try in the meantime?

Thanks guys.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2002, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by Beachernaut
Horrible Test Pilot
Send it back as defective. I have a GP C-30 ESC and have never had problems with it coming on until I did the arming procedure.
Even with your radio turned off the ESC should not put any power to the motor.

Jason
Old Sep 04, 2002, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by Barrett
SKINNI MINI flyer
Thanks Jason. Thats what ill do. Just hope i dont have any problems because i bought two of them at the same time. One went into my S400 wing and the other just sat in a draw for a while.