New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2009, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
Hi Frank, I sent a PM..if you measure the bolt hole spacing I can tell you if it will bolt up.But I am 90 % sure it will..
Scott
Give me a call and I can get one out to you
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by frdeluca1
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
Hi Frank, I sent a PM..if you measure the bolt hole spacing I can tell you if it will bolt up.But I am 90 % sure it will..
Scott

Give me a call and I can get one out to you

What is your number so I can call you. The holes look like they are on a 5/8 inch bolt circle, but it is tough to measure. I have asked Scorpion to verify.

Thanks for getting back to me. By the way what is a PM?

Frank
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by twinflandres
I have maiden my fokker today ...
Very nice !!

Put the throttle until 70% slowly and give some rudder if needed and let the plane take off smothly ...

I can fly with 50% throttle but turn have to be nearly flat.
The ideal speed is at 70% - 75%

The rudder is quite effective and give scale appearence to the flight.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by Pete Thomas
Did you mix in some rudder with your ailerons on your radio? I am currently using 25% mix on mine and she turns very nice. Did you put in some washout on the ailerons? I also found this to be helpful.

Pete
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by twinflandres
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Thomas
Did you mix in some rudder with your ailerons on your radio? I am currently using 25% mix on mine and she turns very nice. Did you put in some washout on the ailerons? I also found this to be helpful.

Pete
No mix, no washout ...

I only mix with my fingers
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by Pete Thomas
I hope to get there some day where I can do controlled turns manually using rudder and aileron. In the interim, "thank God for computerized radios".

Pete
Old Feb 06, 2009, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by bwa3006
Brian
I just finnished my Fokker DV11 yesterday and maidened it last night , this plane is so easy to fly it almost seems like a trainer ! . I had only one trim change and that was to dial in a little down and it flew hands off (so impressed) .
I used an E-WATTS 2217 1000 kv outrunner and a 1500 mah lipo in mine and it has heaps of go. My 2100 mah pack fit after a small mod to the battery hatch and the cowl but its a little nose heavey . What a great plane.....
Old Feb 16, 2009, 02:33 AM
Find More Posts by gunracer
diligentia vis celeritas
picked up one of these beauties from a member...9 flights and still can't keep her from nosing...always happens during the last few feet of run out when the rudder loses effectiveness...thinking of moving the mains forward a tad...here are some pics...
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by sparrow1717
WOOOOsssSSSShhHH !!
gunracer -

Nice Dvii ! Dulling the finish on it makes a big difference . What did you use ?

Spar
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by gunracer
diligentia vis celeritas
testors dullcote...
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Put a washer or two under the rear landing gear where the screws go through it--it will tilt the gear forward enought to make nose overs less likely.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Go big Blue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily
Put a washer or two under the rear landing gear where the screws go through it--it will tilt the gear forward enought to make nose overs less likely.
See, that is what I love about this site. What a great yet simple idea . . . you could even use a small bit of rubber tubing in between as a spacer and to add some shock absorbtion. I think I'll try that on my DR1 .
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by Pat Daily
or a strip of 1/32 ply cut to fit under the gear.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by Dennis48

Landing gear mods.

Here are some mods that I've done because of problems I had landing on my very rough pasture. The new position of the LG isn't very scale but it works great.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by Magic k2
Things that do fly
That is so cool ! i never would have thought of floats for this plane it looks fab,does anyone know of a nice 50 inch version of this plane ?or there abouts but not a build kit cos im too stupid to do one lol.