Great Planes ElectriFly Fokker DVII WWI ARF - Page 10 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 17, 2008, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily
I use a 10x3.8 APC or a 9x4.7 APC slow flyer.
I ordered the electrifly 10x4.5 props. Hopefully these aren't too much. It's hard to judge without a watt meter. One more question I had was whether or not you all use 3 drops of thin ca per side on each hinge. This seems like alot of ca, and I don't want it to be too stiff. I appreciate the help.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2008, 03:43 PM
I use one drop. The 10x4.7 prop will work in warmer weather--I like the 10x3.8 for cooler weather so I don't overdraw the battery. The plane has an excess of power anyhow.
Jan 06, 2009, 05:38 AM
Hi guys,

Do you think the recommended rimefire could turn a 10*4 wood prop ??

Thank you

Rémi
Jan 06, 2009, 10:14 AM
I am sure the Rimfire could turn a 10x4 wood prop. The APC slow flyer props are what I use. The DVII will often nose over on landing--my guess is a wood prop would not last too long before you break it in a landing.
Jan 06, 2009, 06:37 PM
You will break the motor mount and/or the firewall before you break a 10-4 wooden prop with this plane.
Jan 06, 2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinflandres
Hi guys,

Do you think the recommended rimefire could turn a 10*4 wood prop ??

Thank you

Rémi
I used a xoar 10x4 and it worked great, but after nosing over half a dozen times I switched back to apc.
Jan 06, 2009, 09:54 PM
raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily
I am sure the Rimfire could turn a 10x4 wood prop. The APC slow flyer props are what I use. The DVII will often nose over on landing--my guess is a wood prop would not last too long before you break it in a landing.

I finally broke down and ordered one of these today and I'm really looking forward to flying it but I'm worried about it nosing over on landing. I hope they don't do that on pavement too?
Jan 08, 2009, 11:15 AM
They will only nose over on grass (taller grass). Asphalt or concrete runways are fine as is packed dirt and short grass.

B-T-W, I used a motor from BPHobbies in mine. Motor and ESC combined were 1/2 of the RimFire alone from GP.

I like this plane alot and I'm now looking to get an Allied partner to fly with it.
Jan 13, 2009, 08:55 AM
Mines on the way.I noticed the Rimfire has three piont mounting.Most of the motors I own have four point mounting. I guess I have to make a motor mount.Right? Thanks for all the great help so far.
Jan 13, 2009, 05:07 PM
Pro Hoarder
Hi Flyboy, if you need a mount give me a call(PM). I had a bunch laser cut and sell them for $1.50.They will be on our web site in few weeks when we launch with a new host.This is one installed on my Camel.
Scott
Jan 13, 2009, 09:12 PM
The plane comes with a supplied ply motor mount.
Jan 13, 2009, 09:13 PM
For the Rimfire...sorry I left that out.
Jan 18, 2009, 08:41 PM
I also picked up this plane and I am in the process of getting the recomended system for it. As far as the props go, I went to ballance the GP prop (10x4.5)
and it is so far off that just for a test, I glued a small washer to the heavy side of the hub and it still won't ballance. The blades are level but the hole is off center. Would I be better off going with another brand of prop or try picking up another GP 10x4.5 ? If I go with the APC 10x3.8 is that going to hurt its performance in a big way or what ? Remember, evrything else is what was recomended.
Thanks

Greg
Jan 22, 2009, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdad
I also picked up this plane and I am in the process of getting the recomended system for it. As far as the props go, I went to ballance the GP prop (10x4.5)
and it is so far off that just for a test, I glued a small washer to the heavy side of the hub and it still won't ballance. The blades are level but the hole is off center. Would I be better off going with another brand of prop or try picking up another GP 10x4.5 ? If I go with the APC 10x3.8 is that going to hurt its performance in a big way or what ? Remember, evrything else is what was recomended.
Thanks

Greg
I use APC 10x4.7 props and am very happy with both the performance and the ease of balancing. Using a Top Flite magnetic balancer, the ones I've tried have usually needed only a quick spray of clear coat on one blade and some have balanced fine right out of the bag.

Dennis
Jan 22, 2009, 08:24 AM

Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
Hi Flyboy, if you need a mount give me a call(PM). I had a bunch laser cut and sell them for $1.50.They will be on our web site in few weeks when we launch with a new host.This is one installed on my Camel.
Scott
Scott:

Can you tell me how to go about buying one of these mounts for my Scorpion S 2215 22 motor which I intend to use on this plane. The Scorpion has a four hole mount pattern, which as best as I can tell, is on a 5/8 inch bolt circle.

Thanks,

Frank