Sep 02, 2002, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vonbaron
Anyone else notice the dragonfly in the second pic?
I think Tres did.

David J.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2002, 11:50 AM
the journey is the reward

Nice looking moth BC.

Great action shots too!

HH
Last edited by Hammer Head; Sep 02, 2002 at 12:46 PM.
Sep 02, 2002, 12:08 PM
Houng-wen Lin

GWS TM with EDP400/ EPS400

Dear GWS TM flyers, sorry to inform you have to save money again for the next GWS TM with EDP400/ EPS400.

Comming soon early of next year.
Sep 02, 2002, 12:31 PM
Oh my !
Sep 02, 2002, 12:35 PM
Basketcase: Thanks for the advice. I'll try it with a razor on my next TM.

(I think I have some small cf tube ... or it will be "Honey, I'm running out for a few minutes ... )
Sep 02, 2002, 12:44 PM
Captain Carnage says......

Great shots BC

love the scheme

as for camo moths .. here's photo of Don's moth i took this am

now he has 1/12 scale pilots in it...geez i'm lagging behind in mofifications......just gonna go float i guess...lol
Sep 02, 2002, 12:45 PM
Captain Carnage says......

and a closeup

of Don's Brave Moth Pilots
Sep 02, 2002, 12:58 PM
The One....
Great Pics. Makes my want to work on my TM more... Great job guys... And Ohhhh!!! BC, did you took down the other bandit Moth, down?
Sep 02, 2002, 01:20 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
Well, he's down, but not out!

David, I used Testors Model Master paint (Italian Red), it's foam safe. (as long as you don't put it on too heavy)

Hi Belgy, good pics. I think Don only had one pilot a couple of weeks ago, now he has a navigator too. Cool.
Last edited by Basketcase; Sep 02, 2002 at 02:32 PM.
Sep 02, 2002, 02:30 PM
Heli Bouncer
Quote:
Originally posted by Vonbaron
Anyone else notice the dragonfly in the second pic?
Yeah, I did. They grow them big down there. You could rig one up to fly with RFFS gear. Although it might annoy the dragonfly.

Looee
Sep 02, 2002, 04:19 PM
Under tension
BC:
Great job. Love those landing gear! How well do the magnets work for holding on the cowl? I've often wanted to find a solution other than those annoying screws. What size and type of magnets did you use?
Sep 02, 2002, 08:56 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
Quote:
Originally posted by Looooeeee!
They grow them big down there. You could rig one up to fly with RFFS gear. Although it might annoy the dragonfly.

Looee
We NEED them big down here. And sometimes it still takes more than one dragonfly to take on one of the local skeeters.

Thanks Citabria, I used the #48 magnets from Wonder Magnet They're 1/8 diameter and 1/16 thick. I drilled 1/8" holes in the stock plastic doublers and epoxied the magnets in, then sanded the inside of the cowl and epoxied them.

Eight of them have plenty of power. It would probably work with just four magnets in the nose and four washers glued in the cowl.
Sep 02, 2002, 08:59 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
Here's a pic that kinda shows the lower wing flying wire anchor. It's a piece of scrap strut plastic glued to the wing doubler with with a hole in each end. It goes straight across and comes out the other side the same way.
Last edited by Basketcase; Sep 06, 2002 at 06:17 AM.
Sep 05, 2002, 07:18 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
Added some N numbers and colored the wheels red with a sharpie marker. It doesn't show up well but there is also a dummy oil cooler on the side made from the scrap battery compartment material.

Man, does this 'moth fly good! I'd forgotten how slow a lightweight (read- no epoxy ) can fly.
Sep 05, 2002, 09:45 AM
an earth bound misfit, I

Re: GWS TM with EDP400/ EPS400

Quote:
Originally posted by GWS4CEO
Dear GWS TM flyers, sorry to inform you have to save money again for the next GWS TM with EDP400/ EPS400.
Mr Lin, that's good news but the one I'm really waiting for is the GWS Stearman PT-17. Is it still in the production schedule? Any hints abount when we can expect a PT-17?

Thank you, BC