Feb 16, 2017, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Windy days my crafts never see the table.. They are "grounded".. (on the ground)..
Mine too.

BTW I picked up a H9 Camel a year or so ago. Still in the box of course. Also have a GP 60" Dr I sitting in my attic. Nagas I think we all have a stash regardless of how close we are to retirement. I am always amazed at those that buy the new stuff as soon as it comes out and immediately have it in the air. My stuff needs to age a bit.

On the video, I don't get it. If you go to the expense to build one that big, hell build a 1:1 and fly it yourself.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2017, 01:19 PM
Unterwerfen Sie sich der Gewal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Maidened today in sketchy circumstances.. Wind was higher than preferred, (way) but at least it was steady in one direction.. I was awarded "Girlie Giggles".. For I figured if no flight, at least a range check etc... So I went to taxi and the tail came up almost virtually standing still.. I was able to weathervane the airframe authoritively with its smallish rudder (I thought) .. So, with a bit of throttle I drove it like a car for a bit with crazy ease.. !! About 1 mph.! What a goof.!!
Of course I had to get her airborne.. Too easy.. Risk and all, got thrown about a bit, was surprised on the amount of up E trim that was needed.. Landing time I did get in OK, outside of a nose over.. Mostly from having my wheel nuts too snug, ..Like brakes.. Also I did go again after loosening the wheels to be more free. and did take out some nose weight.. So far so good but now after these pics my pilot is aboard, and am looking forward to a nice, still day.. I know everyone knows what this plane looks like, but my wife doesn't care so I look to every and anyone here who does.!!

Looks good!
Feb 16, 2017, 02:04 PM
My name is Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe

Also have a GP 60" Dr I sitting in my attic. Nagas I think we all have a stash regardless of how close we are to retirement. I am always amazed at those that buy the new stuff as soon as it comes out and immediately have it in the air. My stuff needs to age a bit.

On the video, I don't get it. If you go to the expense to build one that big, hell build a 1:1 and fly it yourself.
I didn't know there had been a 60 incher, wow!

Glad I am not the only one (in my case foolishly) buying loads of stuff that isn't currently getting built.

Regarding building and flying a 1:1, I think things are very different in the US compared to Europe, and listening to the commentary I think in the example of the video, Germany.

For us, getting a pilots licence is horrendously expensive, and building and flying your own plane virtually impossible to to very stringent regulations. In contrast I have read of many people in the US doing just that, seemingly just because they want to. Building that large model would cost a fraction of the price. You guys don't know how lucky you are in that respect.
Mar 23, 2017, 06:28 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Well.. Got carried away and put Mr. Fokker into a fencepost..
On vid too..! But.. How I ended up on wide mode, I am clueless... Planes are dots in the sky as it is... Sorry.. But nonetheless.. I made a little cut here with repairs to save myself and embarrassment..
Did remaiden..!! And seemed to need a slight bit of right aileron/rudder trim.. But again wind and all, will need some calm air to dial in exactly..!! Actually whole again.!!
Electrifly Fokker DVII RC WW1 Biplane Crash and Repair.. (2 min 2 sec)
Mar 23, 2017, 06:31 PM
Fly and let Fly!
... Something happened to my HD.. !!
Mar 23, 2017, 11:38 PM
My name is Naga
Sorry about the crash, good repair job!

For those of you with Phoenix Flight Simulator, here are a couple of really great Fokker D7 models for you to fly!

Made by the master model maker rickp, these fly absolutely great! My favourite it the one with Raben's Jasta 18 livery. Enjoy!!!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1335
Apr 07, 2017, 02:51 PM
Anybody have a top wing in good condition they'd be willing to part with? LMK. Thanks!

R
Jul 09, 2017, 09:58 AM
Maidened my SFM Fokker D7 today, bit twitchy and would probably benefit from a bit more down thrust but any maiden where you get to take it home in one piece has to be good
Jul 09, 2017, 10:25 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Great colors Hugh..!!!
Jul 09, 2017, 10:36 AM
Outstanding in a gravity field
Nice looking bird. You've inspired me into getting my little Fokker back into the sky soon. keep us posted
Jul 09, 2017, 02:38 PM
My name is Naga
Congrats on your maiden flight.

As said, great colour scheme.
Oct 07, 2018, 05:19 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Guys
Just picked one of these up and tried to read thru most of the thread , can I asked for some help please .
1) I had the suggested power system so I prefer to stay stock
2) my real question come with CG and lipo .
3) Can someone confirm if the stock CG is 2 & 1/8 ??
4) Lipo -I am better off with 3 cell 1320 or 3 cell 2100, I prefer the larger pack if it means not adding dead weight
5) lipo , very little menthion of C ratings , assume 25 C ??
Super appreciate the help , this is my first double winger also assume CG is determined with wheels down and not inverted ?
Oct 07, 2018, 07:29 AM
Just thumbing through...
My cg is at 2 1/4. See little tape marks on top wing. Check inverted (wheels up)

I use 3s 1000mah.
Oct 07, 2018, 08:04 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thanks Vic, did you have to add weight with that battery ?
Oct 07, 2018, 08:45 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
My cg is at 2 1/4. See little tape marks on top wing. Check inverted (wheels up)

I use 3s 1000mah.
Inverted wheels up? A Bipe? No..!! Where do you find this as recommended.. ?

Quick Reply