This thread is privately moderated by tim_mellor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 23, 2015, 04:43 PM
Risto Hölttä - F3A/P Team FIN
I asked the guys what the flying weight was so the weight in the table includes the battery. The battery is also listed so it is possible to estimate the airframe weight.

Now, looking at the data I collected I see I forgot to ask which RX they were using. Sorry about that! Most planes seemed to have a very light and small RX like Deltang but I know that some people flying Futaba for example, were using much heavier receivers.

I hope to be able to post the list by Wednesday this week.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2015, 01:38 AM
ME at Cal Poly
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNorthBC
Please note whether the weight of each model includes the battery.
Thanks
Yes, I would assume so.

Free
Mar 24, 2015, 11:49 AM

2015 WC Equipment List

Here's the table of equipment I promised.

Sorry again for forgetting the RX data. Many of the pilots had the Deltang F3P RX in their planes which weighs 0.31 g according to the manufacturer. Futaba FASST RX without pins weighs about 2 g and I think pretty much everything else falls in between.
Mar 24, 2015, 02:22 PM
ME at Cal Poly
Thanks!!
Mar 25, 2015, 05:05 PM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnspeed
Here's the table of equipment I promised.

Sorry again for forgetting the RX data. Many of the pilots had the Deltang F3P RX in their planes which weighs 0.31 g according to the manufacturer. Futaba FASST RX without pins weighs about 2 g and I think pretty much everything else falls in between.
Thanks Finnspeed. Would you happen to know how much this one weighed?
Mar 26, 2015, 12:53 AM
Ah, the balsa/mylar plane... I don't know the exact weight but it was clearly heavier than the lightest planes. I'll ask my team members if they remember.
Mar 26, 2015, 05:24 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
I seem to recall it was in the 100 gram range.
Language was a bit of a barrier in getting details. It was also a fairly large model.
Mar 26, 2015, 04:21 PM
Intermediate Multi
Thanks Pat.
Apr 29, 2015, 04:45 PM
Collecting parts to make my first F3P ship

nano-tech 300mAh 35-70c UMX lipo, only has balancing lead as it is charged via balancing lead. 16.1g

Emax 2203-1560kv 16.8g
with hardware 18.4g

Emax 6A ESC, with covering and all wire, 6.8g

Featherlight Lemon RX 1.4g no connectors, direct solder
Dec 04, 2015, 03:04 PM

German Indoor Aerobatics Championship 2015

Nov 11, 2016, 03:47 PM

Finally - a lightweight RX for many Futaba users!

I think this is appropriate to post here. I have found a Futaba compatible S-FHSS RX which can be used in F3P as well. It is not as light as Deltang's Spektrum compatible receivers but in the correct weight range anyway.

Search for DasMikro FUTABA SFHSS 8CH 2.4Ghz RC Micro Receiver. The web page says it weighs 0.82 g but mine weighed 0.75 g initially. I lightened it a bit by replacing the thick antenna wire which resulted into 0.72 g.

The receiver seems to work well, it bound right away to my T14SG and the fail-safe works like charm. Also the voltage range goes down to 2.6 V which is far beyond the 3.7 V they specify on the web page. I have not tested the radio range yet but I suspect there will be no problems in indoor flying. The RX has been built using quality components, including a Renesas MCU and CC2500 RC chip.
Nov 20, 2016, 06:47 PM
WingsTiresTitsGunaGiveYaT ruble
Keep us posted on the performance. This would save me from continously having to swap modules on my 14mz
Nov 21, 2016, 12:40 AM
WingsTiresTitsGunaGiveYaT ruble
just dawned on me my radio is FASST not FHSS . oh well
Dec 16, 2016, 10:19 AM

German Indoor Aerobatics Championship 2016

Equipment used by the top ten pilots:
Dec 18, 2016, 02:37 AM
Closed Account
this receiver is tiny, don't know if it can be stripped enough for F3P use though

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx...-and-sbus.html

Quick Reply