Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by target, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 03, 2007, 09:58 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclaw
Hey Target that fuse sure looks like a rotors, is it?
-Jason

The one in the first pics, with the white fuse and blue underwing? It's a Ken Stuhr design, as is the Rotor, but it's called a Xica. It's a little bigger than a Rotor, weighs about 50 oz, and has a 66" span. It will fly in pretty light wind, and the roll rate is awesome!
I may convert it back to the original design being a wingeron, with a full flying tail. Right now it is a pitcheron, the tail doesn't move at all.

T
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2007, 12:31 AM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
The one in the first pics, with the white fuse and blue underwing? It's a Ken Stuhr design, as is the Rotor, but it's called a Xica. It's a little bigger than a Rotor, weighs about 50 oz, and has a 66" span. It will fly in pretty light wind, and the roll rate is awesome!
I may convert it back to the original design being a wingeron, with a full flying tail. Right now it is a pitcheron, the tail doesn't move at all.

T
Is the plane still in production?
-Jason
May 04, 2007, 09:45 AM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
No. None of the Ken Sturh plane are in production.
If you are liking the Twisty wing planes, get on the list for a shrike from Ed Berris, and Call Dane for a Turbo and a Contender fuse.

T
May 04, 2007, 10:32 AM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
No. None of the Ken Sturh plane are in production.
If you are liking the Twisty wing planes, get on the list for a shrike from Ed Berris, and Call Dane for a Turbo and a Contender fuse.

T
LOL!! My Shirke is arriving on tuesday. I own several Cr planes including The turbo. I sold my contender years ago like a nerd I always like the looks of the Rotor. I am looking for another rocket. The mini Dragon on NSP looks tight. It is standard alierons with flaps but she looks like a smoker.
-Jason
May 04, 2007, 10:50 AM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
I have a FREDY, same as the Mini-Dragon, it's an AWESOME 60" plane, very fast!

Buy a FREDY carbon from Bob at SUSA, Sal can be problematic to deal with, and Bob stocks parts!

I'll see if I can find pics of mine.

T
May 04, 2007, 12:14 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
I have a FREDY, same as the Mini-Dragon, it's an AWESOME 60" plane, very fast!

Buy a FREDY carbon from Bob at SUSA, Sal can be problematic to deal with, and Bob stocks parts!

I'll see if I can find pics of mine.

T

Hey thanks target....how much was your FREDY? Under $400?
-Jason
May 04, 2007, 12:33 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
I think they are under $400 on SUSA's site.
I bought mine with 4 D60 dymond servos on RCG for $250.00, its a glass one.
It hadn't been flown yet, and I just had to rip the D-60's out of the wings, and start construction over...
The keel is a tough build, min is heavily modified, and has never broken yet. And mine holds 20 oz's of ballast.

T
May 04, 2007, 12:43 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
I think they are under $400 on SUSA's site.
I bought mine with 4 D60 dymond servos on RCG for $250.00, its a glass one.
It hadn't been flown yet, and I just had to rip the D-60's out of the wings, and start construction over...
The keel is a tough build, min is heavily modified, and has never broken yet. And mine holds 20 oz's of ballast.

T
HOLY CRAP.....nice deal and good amount of ballast for rockets speeds runs.
LUCKY
-Jason
May 04, 2007, 01:09 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Jason-
Here's the link to a FREDY build thread. Read first, then see if you can track down the sub-nose kit from europe, THEN buy one from Bob at Soaring USA.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=Fredy

Here is the link for the sub nose:
Look in accessories.

http://www.sprmodelgliders.co.uk/
Last edited by target; May 04, 2007 at 03:52 PM.
May 04, 2007, 03:38 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Jason-
Here's the link to a FREDY build thread. Reed first, then see if you can track dow the subnose kit from europe, THEN buy one from Bob at Soaring USA.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=Fredy

Here is the link for the sub nose:
Look in accessories.

http://www.sprmodelgliders.co.uk/
Hey Thanks Target....you rock.
Talk to you soon,
Jason
May 04, 2007, 03:52 PM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
www.soaringusa.com

Now THEY rock!

T
Aug 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
Laughs at his own jokes.
IwantaJet's Avatar
Did you ever finish the Jart?
Aug 22, 2007, 05:21 PM
find me @samotage
samotage's Avatar
Don't mention the Jart...
Aug 25, 2007, 11:07 AM
Detail Freak
target's Avatar
Not yet, but it's getting closer.
I still need to bag the stocker wings, and mount the tail to the fuse, and st up the fuse for the two sets of plug-in wings. Then add the gear...

I keep getting pesterized for cores by people! But I take that as a compliment...

T

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool What's new at SoaringUSA?? Bro Slope 2 Sep 01, 2006 07:36 AM
Cool What's New at SoaringUSA?? Bro High Performance 0 Aug 31, 2006 10:47 PM
Cool What's New at SoaringUSA?? Bro Slope 13 Jul 15, 2006 12:27 AM
Discussion What's new at RC Lipos Inc RC LIPOS Vendor Talk 2 Jun 21, 2006 03:40 AM
What's new at Darth's skunkworks? skyhawk Micro Helis 18 Oct 31, 2005 08:12 AM