CP2 Crash! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 02, 2006, 10:03 PM
Video

CP2 Crash!

Today I had my worst crash ever! While trying to get some video demonstrating the power of the new ARC brushless motor I installed in my CP2, I over-yawed at the top of a climb, got hit by a gust of wind and headed towards a tree, avoided the tree, then piled it into the sidewalk. At full speed. Inverted. In retrospect, it would have been better to hit the tree!

I apologize for the slightly out-of-sync sound. I'm not sure why it is like that, and don't have time to re-render the file right now.

-Chris
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2006, 10:26 PM
NYC's Finest
dam, dat was a bad crash i feel sory for the little heli it didnt do anything wrong. lol
Nov 02, 2006, 11:19 PM
O'n'A Party Rock!
WOW... Did ya hurt the sidewalk?? No broken skids, COOL! I've broken skids just carrying the copter outside...
Nov 02, 2006, 11:45 PM
Got more toys than my kid
Whoa! Your avatar seems quite appropriate now!
I didn't know a "floaty" Honeybee could hit with that kind of force.

- Jim
Nov 03, 2006, 12:40 AM
Holy crap. That was a TERRIBLE crash!

My favorite part was when you picked up the remains, and feebly attempted to make it better by extending the blades out in the grips.. What was left of 'em, I mean ;[

Wow.

Awesome video though.

-Kyle
Nov 03, 2006, 12:58 AM
R/C CRASHER
i feel ya,,,been there done that, but was not caught on tape to see it over and over again,,,the pain..ooooooohhhhhh play it again
Nov 03, 2006, 03:52 AM
mem
mem
Oh Man! That was painful to watch, even from 5000 miles away. In the back of my mind I wonder if you were flying for yourself instead of making a video for us, whether this might not have happened. You and your wife took the crash exceptionally well. Sad as it is to see the video image of Seepy in splinters on the sidewalk, I canít help but think that your real treasure is on the other side of that camera.
Nov 03, 2006, 08:25 AM
Radd Graduate '06
The horror....the horror...
Nov 03, 2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the comments and support, guys!

@Kyle: Yeah, that was pretty funny, huh? I mean... what good would it do to straighten out the shattered stubs? I guess I was still kinda numb at that point.

@macr0t0r: Yeah, that's what happens when you pull the stick all the way back in idle up.

@mem: I'm sure I wouldn't have crashed if I'd not been trying to demonstrate the new motor for the guys here, but that's the hazards. And you are absolutely right about the real treasure being behind the camera. I am a lucky man.

-Chris
Last edited by JustPlaneChris; Nov 03, 2006 at 09:44 AM.
Nov 03, 2006, 09:35 AM
seems to happen to me all the time fix the heli up with some new stuff and CRASH, get to do it all over
Nov 03, 2006, 09:46 AM
I was thinking about this the other day... I started flying helis in June, and did not have a major crash until September. Recently, I have busted something pretty bad 3 out of the last 5 times I've been out. I don't know if I'm just pushing myself harder, or maybe I've peaked skill-wise and am on the downhill slide...? Or maybe I'm just lucky.

-Chris
Last edited by JustPlaneChris; Nov 03, 2006 at 10:38 AM.
Nov 03, 2006, 10:31 AM
All I can say is Wow :-)
Nov 03, 2006, 05:17 PM
Wow Chris. Yea, that was an awsome crash, but your attitude is even more awsome! I get pretty P-Oed when I crash. You held it together very well. I am very proud of you grasshopper!

wax on - wax off.

I can't wait to see the video of that cp2 flying again. You have the technology.. You can rebuild it. I know you will.. Now..

Go Chris Go!!
Nov 03, 2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, the CP2 will emerge from the grocery sack, to be reborn so it can once again terrorize the skies (and sidewalks) of my neighborhood.

-Chris
Nov 03, 2006, 06:57 PM
Mom says I'm special...
"Is this the one everyone is waiting for?"

I'm sorry, Chris!!

That's got my worst crash beat...BUT NOT BY MUCH!!

Great sense of humor and a great woman you have there. You seem like good people for sure.

On another note: "THE NEW PHONE BOOK'S HERE, THE NEW PHONE BOOK'S HERE!!" I got my motor today!

I'll have it in tomorrow and get some video...BUT YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!

-Roman