****GWS-262: Turbo Rocks the Sky!!**** - Page 233 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 17, 2016, 12:39 PM
check for reversed controls
It was surprising to be sure, but it was an alternative due to the fact that I used those J Power stock motors for 50 mm edf jets. But I havent got a chance to test long term durability of my set up as my model fell victim to the nose up thrust angle others have mentioned . on a short take off attempt on a bumpy runway I rotated too soon without sufficient air speed to counter the up thrust and did a wing over nose plant. The damage although not total has discouraged me and as of yet I havent done the required repairs. But soon I will.
I also want to try my power plant scheme on the GWS F 15

I like your Russian schemed livery a lot,
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2016, 02:14 PM
Hey everyone. I was thinking of picking this up since it's on sale. I'm tempted to get the version that comes w/ the EDF setup. I know it's probably not as good as some "new" motor combo, but I'm not a speed demon and as long as it flies good on the stock setup, I won't complain. I was thinking of using 4S on this (limiting throttle range to 90%). Will this work, or are the motors going to fry at that voltage? Is 4S even necessary?
Dec 26, 2016, 05:59 PM
Suko, I just picked up a gws15 and was surprised by qc stickers on the ducts saying they'd both been tested at 485 g thrust. I'm going to try them. My stickers had the 3s box checked. I fly my 262 on a 2200 3s. Plenty fast. I'd be surprised if the motors would mind 4s though.
Last edited by dylancoffin; Dec 26, 2016 at 10:48 PM.
Dec 26, 2016, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I almost pulled the trigger on this, the P-40 and the T-6, but then I looked at all the unfinished planes I still have in boxes and heroically decided to go without for now. Maybe I'll have made some space by the time they do their next sale?
Jan 21, 2017, 09:32 PM
Here's the maiden of my 262. Returned on 3 wheels. A little fast for me, but flies great!

ME-262 Takes Off (0 min 5 sec)
Jun 22, 2017, 04:36 AM
a little progress report on my second 55mm mod/build to wake up this thread:
Reduced one of the nacelles to house 55mm edf, by cutting ~5mm slices off from the four sides. Pretty good fit after the nacelle "shrinking". Will do the same with the other nacelle.
Plan to install as taildragger, will see how she handle the takeoff.
Jun 22, 2017, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
a little progress report on my second 55mm mod/build to wake up this thread:
Reduced one of the nacelles to house 55mm edf, by cutting ~5mm slices off from the four sides. Pretty good fit after the nacelle "shrinking". Will do the same with the other nacelle.
Plan to install as taildragger, will see how she handle the takeoff.
nice idea, I am also planning on a superlight build with nice sounding 11-blade 50mm units

btw I would think that the taildragger will suffer even more from the danger of somersaulting with the low thrust line of the nacelles, pushing the nose up - keeping the nose down until there is plenty of speed before getting airborne is what most recommend (I hand-launch, but there is a similar problem at work) my2c