Oct 30, 2006, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

Head Tracking

I did not want to bust into the AnthonyRC thread but I wanted to let you know that we have been developing a Head Tracking system that will work with any RC radio.

I was not prepared to speak out yet but the train seems to be leaving the station. It shouldn't be long before we are in Beta Testing so please be patient and I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regards, John

Edit: I have been using JR PCM 10SXII both aircraft and heli versions for 11 years so it will have to work with those. For the system we are building the flight transmitter will be irrelevant. The RC transmitter will have to remain free of encumberances to meet the policy requirements I am pushing with the FAA which would make this type of flying legal for both commercial and recreational (meaning AMA).

Regards, John
Last edited by Zaviation; Oct 30, 2006 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added Information.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2006, 07:55 PM
ob1
ob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaviation
I did not want to bust into the AnthonyRC thread but I wanted to let you know that we have been developing a Head Tracking system that will work with any RC radio.

I was not prepared to speak out yet but the train seems to be leaving the station. It shouldn't be long before we are in Beta Testing so please be patient and I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regards, John
Sounds very interesting....I have a JR 9303 and will be watching this space closely.
Oct 30, 2006, 11:38 PM
Definitelly keep us posted John...
Oct 31, 2006, 04:59 AM
I'm in, sign me up.
Oct 31, 2006, 05:31 AM
AnthonyRC is planning to sell in kitform for about US$ 150. Can you estime what your device is going to cost? Also, will it be ready to use or a kit?
Oct 31, 2006, 06:28 AM
Quote:
The RC transmitter will have to remain free of encumberances to meet the policy requirements
Interesting. Can you provide more details on how the head tracker interfaces with the transmitter?

The biggest drawback the RC-Tech tracker is you lose the ability to use a buddy box. It becomes a little clumsy to pass the transmitter back and forth from the FPV flyer to the safety pilot, especially when the FPV pilot has a towel over his head and can't see the radio!
Oct 31, 2006, 11:16 AM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Yeah, I am going to be upgrading to a better controller, but I'm going to wait until these different head tracker systems come to market before I buy so I can get one that is definitely supported. I hope to get the FHSS system on my new controller once that comes to market also.
Oct 31, 2006, 01:44 PM
subscribe
Oct 31, 2006, 03:58 PM
ob1
ob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy
Yeah, I am going to be upgrading to a better controller, but I'm going to wait until these different head tracker systems come to market before I buy so I can get one that is definitely supported. I hope to get the FHSS system on my new controller once that comes to market also.
Pardon my ignorance....what is "FHSS"? There are so many acronyms around I can't keep up with them all
Oct 31, 2006, 04:06 PM
MX
MX
Embedded Systems Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
Pardon my ignorance....what is "FHSS"? There are so many acronyms around I can't keep up with them all
Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum. Used on the new 2.4GHz radios.

MX
Oct 31, 2006, 04:21 PM
Please keep in mind that the 2.4G TX's may interfere with your 2.4g Spektrum radio.
Oct 31, 2006, 05:34 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP

Answers

Our system will not work through the flight control transmitter at all so it does not matter what make or how many channels. You will be free to use the buddy interface for anything you want.

We have not worked the price yet. It will be as reasonable as we can make it. It will be a finished product (plug and play) and we are considering offering it in different configurations from the basic ead tracker that you put on your own HMD goggles up through a complete system with all the transmitters, diversity receivers, cameras, goggles, etc.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the product and the prices. I hope to have one in my hands within a week so I can start to show some of the testing results. As I said earlier, I was not going to say anything this early but some folks were ready to buy components to develop their own.

Regards, John
Oct 31, 2006, 07:46 PM
ob1
ob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX
Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum. Used on the new 2.4GHz radios.

MX
I thought I read where it is called "DSS....Digital Spread Sprectum"
Oct 31, 2006, 07:56 PM
ob1
ob1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaviation
Our system will not work through the flight control transmitter at all so it does not matter what make or how many channels. You will be free to use the buddy interface for anything you want.

We have not worked the price yet. It will be as reasonable as we can make it. It will be a finished product (plug and play) and we are considering offering it in different configurations from the basic ead tracker that you put on your own HMD goggles up through a complete system with all the transmitters, diversity receivers, cameras, goggles, etc.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the product and the prices. I hope to have one in my hands within a week so I can start to show some of the testing results. As I said earlier, I was not going to say anything this early but some folks were ready to buy components to develop their own.

Regards, John
Interesting...very interesting....so does this mean you will be providing your own Tx functionality between our ground-based goggles (with your head-tracking unit) and the plane(since you aren't using our primary RC Tx). If so, does this also suggest you are replacing the signal on our unused rx channels with your own signal to control the pan/tilt servos?...or will your product be completely separated from our RC Tx/Rx/servos configuration?...come on...give us a taste
Oct 31, 2006, 09:46 PM
Youre working on this yourself, John?

Quick Reply