Have had xtal go bad in a crash!
Thanks
Elvan!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2007, 08:15 AM
...the wind usually blows
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecevans
doctoraudio i have bent the ends of the linkages and glued the screws so i doubt it was that, also all channels were twitching.

av8r i dont have a second pack so how can i fix it?

i bet its just the xtal, they wear out dont they? this reciver has been used on 2 planes
It's probably unlikely to be the pack, just something to consider. I guess it's not so easy to diagnose if you don't have another pack. Maybe you could borrow one from somebody just to try?

Glitching could be caused by a lot of things including the Rx, crystal, ESC, antenna and other wire routing, a bad servo overloading the system, a bad tx, interference, etc.

Try to eliminate the easiest things first, like a different flying site, different pack, etc.
Apr 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
i think i have it solved! i put a rx batt to the rx and turned on my tx, nothing. if i would have been flying a little longer it would have crashed reaally bad. i swamped out the rx and it works fine
Apr 27, 2007, 05:10 PM
Suspended Account
you cant have the antenna overlap like this!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=1280945
if wound around somthing it MUST not overlap nice even wraps wroks much better this mess just wont do here. dont blame a rx for a poor jop
ededge2002
Apr 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
Ededge2002 Good catch. I missed the overlapping of the antenna. That would definitely cause a reduction in range.
Apr 27, 2007, 09:51 PM
so by overlaping it fried the rx?
Last edited by mecevans; Apr 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM.
Apr 28, 2007, 07:23 AM
Suspended Account
it wont damage the rx at all to overlap it like that but it will cut out some of the range and or ability to rseist glitches. the antenna should be wound like this if at all

[]----///////---------------------------------
hope things work out for you! re-do the antenna and give it a shot with a real good range test
ededge2002
Apr 28, 2007, 07:59 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY WRPN876
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Ok starcad, what battery is this? Sounds like you found a winner.
It really wasn't the new battery but the way I charged it. I've been charging with the balancer hooked up during charge. My son told me to do it that way. In a conversation the other night I told him I was only getting around 1000 back in after I flew. He then told me to charge it normally like I have been doing but then after it ends to recharge a .3 amps. That did it and put the extra back into the battery. With my conservative flights I managed 3 to 5 minutes more flight time per pack.
Apr 28, 2007, 08:10 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Balancing is always good. You will recover some lost capacity and keep from burning something up. Balancing my TP 2100 bats now. Thw weather is looking good today.
Apr 28, 2007, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecevans
so by overlaping it fried the rx?
No, you didn't fry the receiver, what you did was probably reduce your range to less than half. Any time you fold the antenna over itself you are reducing the range of the receiver. If your trying to hide the ant. then run it down the inside of the fuselage and let it exit out the rear of the model. You can secure it with a piece of scotch tape at the rear. Oh, don't forget a strain relief as this will help to prevent the ant. from being jerked out of the receiver if you happen to have a misfortune.
Apr 28, 2007, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Balancing is always good. You will recover some lost capacity and keep from burning something up. Balancing my TP 2100 bats now. Thw weather is looking good today.
Wish I could go out today but Comcast has other plans for me. Tuesday and Wednesday will be my weekend this week. You guys have a blast for me and I will be thinking of you as I sit in my cube looking out the window. Fly high and soft landings.
Apr 28, 2007, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad
It really wasn't the new battery but the way I charged it. I've been charging with the balancer hooked up during charge. My son told me to do it that way. In a conversation the other night I told him I was only getting around 1000 back in after I flew. He then told me to charge it normally like I have been doing but then after it ends to recharge a .3 amps. That did it and put the extra back into the battery. With my conservative flights I managed 3 to 5 minutes more flight time per pack.
I charge with my tp 205 connected to my 2100's and it tells me the pack is full before the charger does. I take the balancer off and a couple minutes later the charger says full. That how you do it?
Apr 28, 2007, 03:26 PM
I bet you guys didn't know the MFX has an option for retracts.
Apr 28, 2007, 07:02 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Just found out mine has retractable tail wheel and quick release rudder. Tail wheel got pushed back out of the fuse and ejected my rudder on takeoff from wet grass.
Apr 28, 2007, 07:15 PM
It really is amazing what new features we find on our planes over time.

My MFX is all ready to go again, except that no LHS's have any 12x6E props. Dang it. No good ordering any as I'm leaving for home in a week.

Dave

Quick Reply