Oct 30, 2016, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazRC
I was just looking at some specs on the Eflite Mini Funtana X and noticed it's 10 oz lighter than the "ultra lightweight" Eflite Slick.

The 42.1" Eflite Slick says the construction is ultra lightweight and weighs 37.5-39.7 oz yet the larger 43" Mini Funtana X weighs 27-29 oz.

Could this be a typo? Anyone flown both?
I had the MF when it first came out, it is lighter than the slick.

One flight on the Slick and I dumped the MF, so did everyone else who had one and flew the slick

Had a big debate over the two with one of the club members who had the MF and he swore it had to be a better airplane because it was so much lighter and lighter is better. Finally got him to fly the slick, he immediately got rid of the MF

Today both Extreme flight and 3DHobby shop have airframes that are far better than either of those two

If you get one at a right price it is a good sport plane with some 3D capability but no way does it compare to the current generations of models

Dennis
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2016, 03:41 PM
I'm givin er all she's got!

4 copies...

I ended up buying 4 of the Mini X, one for my brother, for me and the other 2 were just above or below the cost of buying parts that have broken. Needed a fuse TWICE and each wing once. Since then my bro completely Demolished his, so now I have several parts available. So if you need anything except for an entire fuse or cowl, check with me, I may have it. My next plane after the Mini X was the 51 inch 3D Hobby Shop A.J. Slick. Flies as easy as the Funtana, and some cases easier! Plus it can do MUCH more...
-Bill-
Apr 19, 2018, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drydock
I ended up buying 4 of the Mini X, one for my brother, for me and the other 2 were just above or below the cost of buying parts that have broken. Needed a fuse TWICE and each wing once. Since then my bro completely Demolished his, so now I have several parts available. So if you need anything except for an entire fuse or cowl, check with me, I may have it. My next plane after the Mini X was the 51 inch 3D Hobby Shop A.J. Slick. Flies as easy as the Funtana, and some cases easier! Plus it can do MUCH more...
-Bill-
Do you still have parts? I need a cowl
Apr 20, 2018, 11:14 AM
What a hobby!
I put an AS3X receiver in my Mini Funtana X last summer. Lands a lot easier. Less apt to drop out of the sky just before touchdown.
May 02, 2018, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie6
I put an AS3X receiver in my Mini Funtana X last summer. Lands a lot easier. Less apt to drop out of the sky just before touchdown.
Where did you mount the RX ?
Any pics ?
Mar 29, 2023, 11:12 PM
Anybody still flying the FuntanaX?
Mar 31, 2023, 12:18 PM
I'm givin er all she's got!
I will be when the weather breaks, After 5-6 years of not flying it!
Apr 01, 2023, 11:55 AM
What a hobby!
I still fly mine. A few years ago I put in an AS3X receiver and that makes it easier to land.
Last edited by Vinnie6; Apr 01, 2023 at 12:07 PM.
Apr 01, 2023, 03:13 PM
I have a FrSky SR6 (similar to AS3X) in mine and it practically lands itself. This is my second Funtana… I sold my original awhile back and regretted it. My flying field has a lot of holes in it so I put larger wheels and reinforced the flimsy aluminum landing gear with a few layers of fiberglass.
May 28, 2023, 08:56 PM
What a hobby!
I have put three flights on my Mini Funtana X in the last two days. It now has 256 flights. Still going strong!

Quick Reply