Oct 26, 2006, 04:57 AM
Artiste Spontané
Thread OP
Discussion

How to deliberately crash a coaxial heli? (a.k.a. don't try this with a coaxial heli)

Without running it into a wall or a tree, shutting down the throttle, turning off the Tx, etc., how can you deliberately crash a coaxial heli (such as a Lama, a Vortex, or a Blade CX) in mid air?

I have done it once by shaking the cyclic control vigorously and the flybar flew off in mid-air, causing my Vortex to crash. I believe the flybar may have hit the lower blades in the process.

- Alvin
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2006, 05:34 AM
Everyone crashes sometime
The real underlying question that your questions begs, is why? Why would you purposefully want to crash your helicopter? Seems like it happens often enough without having to try.
Oct 26, 2006, 07:03 AM
You could throw rocks at it ?
Oct 26, 2006, 05:41 PM
Try picking up a little speed in FFF, then abruptly reverse pitch and give a little roll (either direction). I accidentally did this once or twice, and it dropped like a shot duck.
Oct 26, 2006, 06:01 PM
Rcer field rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronuts
Try picking up a little speed in FFF, then abruptly reverse pitch and give a little roll (either direction). I accidentally did this once or twice, and it dropped like a shot duck.

this works well, i have done this many times with my 5-4 by acciedent once those blades hit each other that thing will flip around in the air then go to greet the ground........................

P.S.......a simple question, what exactly dose FFF or FF stand for (just thought i would ask while i am here)
Oct 26, 2006, 06:50 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
FFF= Fast Forward Flight, FF= Forward Flight

=-)
Oct 26, 2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, all I need to do is fly my CX aggressively and the blade will clack against each other eventualy and down it goes....
Nov 04, 2006, 10:18 PM
Artiste Spontané
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickster47
The real underlying question that your questions begs, is why? Why would you purposefully want to crash your helicopter? Seems like it happens often enough without having to try.
The thing is that I have been flying my Vortex for a while, and have been doing fine hovering and "sliding" all over. I was trying to discover the capability of the heli and started vigorously shaking the controls to see how fast it responses, and obviously that resulted in a crash.

As I thought that you could only crash a heli by hitting it against something, I was so surprised that I could crash the flybar with the blades. And that's why this topic came up, to see what else not to try if I don't want to do anymore fixing.

- Alvin
Nov 05, 2006, 12:52 AM
to crash your co-axial heli, give your batteries full charge and let it fly upwards on full throttle with the trim all the way up FULL THROTTLE... let it go as high as it can and then shut off the TX
Nov 05, 2006, 10:57 AM
Artiste Spontané
Thread OP
Meaning... don't turn off the Tx.
Nov 05, 2006, 12:11 PM
nah... if you don't turn off the TX there's a possibility the heli will loose altitude due to weak battery
Nov 06, 2006, 03:49 PM
Don't forget to set fire to it first, that would be cool.

Quick Reply