Oct 19, 2006, 11:12 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

My AP made the local forecast today on the news

Here's a short video of the local weatherman using one of my AP shots on his segment of the news. I've had a couple of others used a couple of weeks ago but wasn't home to record it. Anyways, here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KIAyfRd-DQ
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2006, 11:23 PM
RC Dans
Very Cool
Oct 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
Firefighter
Very Very cool It's a shame you didn't get credit for it being RC AP.
Oct 19, 2006, 11:57 PM
Oops get the hot glue gun
Way to go Randall!!

Gary D.
Oct 20, 2006, 12:30 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysons
Very Very cool It's a shame you didn't get credit for it being RC AP.
Actually this isn't the first time they've used my AP for the weather. The first time Mr Bracciano used one of my photos, he asked his coanchor if she could guess what platform took them. Then he went on to explain that I do RC AP and that the photos were from one of my planes. From time to time since then I have sent in photos, with this being one of the latest ones. So far I think he's used three of mine.
Anyways, it is kind of a hoot to see my shots on the news.
Oct 20, 2006, 12:46 AM
Congratulation! I's hard to believe that you are that much more greener than we are. Beautiful picture.
Oct 20, 2006, 01:09 AM
NICE!

Must be a real rush to have your name mentioned and printed on the screen.
Oct 20, 2006, 06:04 AM
That is so cool! Congrats! And a very nice picture too!

When I first read the post, I thought you were going to have you picture in the background and they weren't going to mention, just use it as a backdrop. Ah, no! The was about as prominent as you can get!
Oct 20, 2006, 06:35 AM
Lovin' this florida weather!
Randall... congrats to you on making the news like that. I just finished watching your video.... AWESOME!!
Oct 20, 2006, 11:01 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Here's another video using a photo I took last January. In the town I used to live in there was a fire just down the road at a fertilizer plant. I managed to get the Easy Star airborne and got some pretty good photos of the aftermath of the fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es130njhP0E
Oct 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Here's one more that made the paper. It was a Habitat for Humanity home that was built in front of my old house. This one made the local newspaper.
Oct 20, 2006, 03:42 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Hey mate , your a regular "news hound"
Oct 20, 2006, 08:37 PM
Peakaboo!
Congrats, Randall !
Oct 20, 2006, 10:34 PM
So you going to do the Halloween photo for them?
Oct 20, 2006, 11:36 PM
My backpack's got jets...
You're kinda like the Peter Parker of RC AP...... in a way....... well sorta......................okay, maybe not, but it works

Quick Reply