Oct 19, 2006, 01:54 PM
Afghanistanimation
Thread OP
Question

Step by step heli setup w/ radio

Anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this the right way? From mechanical to radio settings and what is best? I have searched all over and have not been able to find anything concrete.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2006, 01:59 PM
Section 13 of the EHBG v17 may help:

http://www.swashplate.co.uk/ehbg-v17/ehbg_index.html

Toshi
Oct 19, 2006, 02:08 PM
this guy has made some good informational setup vids.......

http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=12455
Oct 19, 2006, 03:27 PM
Mom says I'm special...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazhorse
this guy has made some good informational setup vids.......

http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=12455
This was all I needed initially. I watched several of the vids multiple times before it became reasonably cloudy for me!! I was able to get it set up and hover with just these videos and no prior experience.

After this, I was able to get my Blade CP dialed-in on my Futaba 9C in about an hour without any help whatsoever.

Good luck!

-Roman
Oct 19, 2006, 03:27 PM

I know

and will share it here in a way that many or at least most can understand, It will be long so I will not do this now because I am very tired (had a long day today ) but I will do this tomorrow. However, I will post the sequence.

o Mechanical pitch
o Radio pitch curve
o Base throttle curve
o Blade tracking adjustment
o Head speed set up
o Tail
o Balance
o Trim

See why I will not do this now? Finless Bob has great videos posted on helifreak but you have to at least have some know how to understand the things he explains if you are brand spanking new to this part of the hobby. I get the feeling that you need this broken down even further. I will do a write up tailored to the new guys in town. Now if you own a 3-1 black box heli (heli came with a radio, heli came with a box that controls tail mix, blade pitch and gyro functions) let me know in advance so that I can gear this to you although I stay clear of those types of helis.
Oct 19, 2006, 06:00 PM
Mom says I'm special...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby
and will share it here in a way that many or at least most can understand, It will be long so I will not do this now because I am very tired (had a long day today ) but I will do this tomorrow. However, I will post the sequence.

o Mechanical pitch
o Radio pitch curve
o Base throttle curve
o Blade tracking adjustment
o Head speed set up
o Tail
o Balance
o Trim

See why I will not do this now? Finless Bob has great videos posted on helifreak but you have to at least have some know how to understand the things he explains if you are brand spanking new to this part of the hobby. I get the feeling that you need this broken down even further. I will do a write up tailored to the new guys in town. Now if you own a 3-1 black box heli (heli came with a radio, heli came with a box that controls tail mix, blade pitch and gyro functions) let me know in advance so that I can gear this to you although I stay clear of those types of helis.
Hmmmm...

I had a Blade CP for less than six months before I set up my T-Rex...and I can't imagine posting "What heli should I get?" (which MOST newbs do, or at least READ) NOT explaining most of the parts and functions necessary to fly and make basic repairs to an R/C heli. Not to mention that if you're a newb and you're already posting on rcgroups, you'll likely read PLENTY before you fly your first heli. One would HOPE, anyway.

Unless "natural selection" forces them out of the hobby after that point.

Sorry for the hijack.

-Roman

Quick Reply