Oct 17, 2006, 04:14 PM
Lifetime Member
Thread OP
Discussion

HS-65 Servos Issues with Heli Cyclic using Spektrum DX6 Transmitter/ RX

Has Hitec looked into the issue that some have claimed that there is a problem using HS-65 Servos with Heli ccpm cyclic using a Spektrum DX6 Transmitter/ RX?

See the following links:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...25&postcount=7

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547072

John
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2006, 05:25 PM
All I see from these links is "one" person that doesn't like our servo. And, he makes a statment that the HS-65 doesn't work correctly with a 3.3v trigger signal which is incorrect. From all the top heli pilots I know that use our HS-65's, it is absolutely the best choice for the T-Rex with any radio that you use.

Brian
Oct 17, 2006, 07:44 PM
Lifetime Member
Thread OP
Thanks for the quick response.
I couldn't find the long thread about this, but I will continue to search. I just upgraded to direct servo to swash linkages on my new Trex frame and installed a set of HS-65MG servos. Prior to this I had always used HS-56 servos. There is definatley some strange interaction when appling left and right cyclic. The servo motion is not smooth but jumpy. This does not occur when applying forward or back cyclic or up and down pitch.

The large thread states that the issue only occurs with the Spektrum radio. When the TX and RX are swapped, the servos move correctly. Again this does not occur with the HS-56 servos when using the Spektrum TX/ RX.

Is there any merit to the low 3.3v trigger level? Are the electronics in the HS-65 servos different than the HS-56 servos?
Do any of the top pilots use a Spektrum radio?

John

Edit: I found the thread, Please read in its entirety

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551965
Last edited by JohnM; Oct 17, 2006 at 07:50 PM.
Oct 18, 2006, 11:47 AM
Actually this sounds more like not enough current flow for the ccpm set up. This used to happen to people on larger ccpm helicopters when using digital servos and high internal resistance NiMH battery packs or voltage regulators that didn't have a high enough current flow. You might try changing to a higher current esc and/or battery.
Oct 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
Lifetime Member
Thread OP
I am using an external 6volt ParkBEC which should be more than adequate.

Here are the specs:

Input voltage: 8V to 33.6v (3s-8s lithium, up to 21 NiMHs)
Output current: 1.25A continuous, 1.5A 60 second peak. (6 4-9g servos, 4 standard servos)
Weight: 6.5g/.23oz
Weight Without Wires: 4.4g/.16oz
6 Volt output
Universal connector fits all receivers
1.3V dropout voltage at 1A

John
Oct 18, 2006, 04:17 PM
This looks marginal. I would recommend at least 3A or more like the one here on aligns website. http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...oducts_id=1216 The HS-65's have a current draw of 240ma each without a load and 1200ma at stall. Using 3 of these on ccpm plus the draw of the other servo and gyro could put you over the amperage rating of your bec.

Brian
Last edited by BrianTucker; Oct 18, 2006 at 05:55 PM.
Nov 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
Lifetime Member
Thread OP
It is not a BEC issue, it will exhibit the same behaivor when using a dedicated RX battery pack.
Could someone please verify if using a 3.3 volt signal voltage will cause any issues with the HS-65 servos? This is the root of the problem since the DX6 RX runs on a 3.3 volt regulator, it's ouput signals are only 3.3 volts maximum. This has been confirmed by someone that hooked one up to an ociloscope.

John
Nov 16, 2006, 01:24 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
John,

This should not be a problem as we have not heard of this issue. if you think there is a problem with one of more of the servos I would suggest you send them in to be checked out.

Mike.
Nov 16, 2006, 09:13 PM
Lifetime Member
Thread OP
There have been several posts addressing this issue but it seems the real problem is the combination of the DX6 radio and the servos. I will have to assume that it is the radio that is at fault untill I (or someone else) can provide better evidence of the problem. The problem only exists with the cyclic in an ECCPM helicopter setup and will not be apparent in any other situation. The new Spektrum radio should be available soon and I am awaiting the reviews as to whether or not this issue still exists.

John

Quick Reply