May 31, 2009, 02:07 PM
I have just finished the theatrical DVD of The Clover Creek Invitational. This was an incredible event with a picture-perfect site (complete with a pool!) and some of the best iMac and Freestyle flights I've ever seen. You can see the trailer here on Youtube:

Clover Creek Invitational DVD Trailer (1 min 51 sec)

Or see it in HD on the HPP site here:

http://higherplaneproductions.com/me...iler-H264s.mov

Order the DVD from our store:

http://store.higherplaneproductions.com/
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2009, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmidgett
I have just finished the theatrical DVD of The Clover Creek Invitational. This was an incredible event with a picture-perfect site (complete with a pool!) and some of the best iMac and Freestyle flights I've ever seen. You can see the trailer here on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f45T...e=channel_page

Or see it in HD on the HPP site here:

http://higherplaneproductions.com/me...iler-H264s.mov

Order the DVD from our store:

http://store.higherplaneproductions.com/
Very cool Fred! how many imac flights and freestyle flights does the DVD includes??

Daniel
Jun 01, 2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
Very cool Fred! how many imac flights and freestyle flights does the DVD includes??

Daniel
See DVD menu photos attached for a bit more insight. There were 12 invitational pilots and the Freestyle of all 12 are on the DVD. There are 9 (complete) Freestyle flights and about 5 (partial) IMAC flights in the main program. There are 4 more Freestyles and 7 more sequence flights in the bonus material. I put Gernot's first Freestyle in the main program and his second in the bonus area since he flew two totally different routines.

The music is PRISTINE on this DVD - right off the sound board. Really nice.

The DATA DVD has 129 total films - a lot more flights and complete interviews - but the theatrical DVD presents the highlights and "story" of the event in a 90 minute program. -Fred
Jun 01, 2009, 08:39 PM
Like a boss!
Yo Fred,

What's this E-flite jet? I assume that it's ducted fan? Any info on it?

Thanks, I went to a jet rally recently and have been a little obsessed.

Ryan

Jun 01, 2009, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBread
Yo Fred,

What's this E-flite jet? I assume that it's ducted fan? Any info on it?

Thanks, I went to a jet rally recently and have been a little obsessed.

Ryan

Sorry. No official data. It looks like one of the ones that Bob Violet was flying. Maybe do a search for him and see what he's been up to lately. Also maybe post on FG and see if anyone there has info. -Fred
Jun 02, 2009, 07:55 PM

Save The Date July 11, 2009 Henderson RC Club Fly-In

The Henderson RC Club, home field of Higher Plane Productions, will be hosting a summer fly-in on Saturday July 11th 2009 from dawn till dark. Heather will be your hostess for a day of flying fun. Pilot fee is only $10. Admission is FREE to anyone that brings their own pool i.e. a pick-up truck with plastic liner full of water! (Heather says if you bring the pool, she'll bring the bikini). There will be sponsored prizes, lunch on site, FLG plane washing and lots more. More details to come soon. For now, mark your calendar and plan to come to Henderson for a summer fly-in like no other.
Jun 02, 2009, 08:39 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Count me in! If I had a pickup, I would do the redneck hot tub, and I can't figure out how to get the SUV to hold water. This is the weekend following the Eden Indoor on the 4th! Looks like July is going to rock.

Thanks Fred and Heather!

Diggs
Jun 02, 2009, 09:29 PM
KJ4YNM
Well heck! I drive right by there every couple of weeks! And I DO have a pickup!! So, the question is, is there a place to fill it up down there? I really don't want to haul a bed full of water all the way down from Northern VA!
--
Tom
Jun 02, 2009, 09:34 PM
KJ4YNM
Hmmmm... Wonder if I could get my Polaris to do a water take off and landing in the bed of the truck...
Jun 02, 2009, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessex
Hmmmm... Wonder if I could get my Polaris to do a water take off and landing in the bed of the truck...
I LIKE the way you think. Bring the truck and a liner. We'll find a hose somewhere!
Jun 02, 2009, 10:16 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Looks like i might be making a trip east on the 11th of July...

Tim
AG4RZ
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Jun 03, 2009, 02:57 AM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
Hot tubs ??..bikini's ???.. we've just had our summer here in the UK ..lasted 3 days

Glad Clover Creek made it to disc..nice one Fred, looks like its another to add to the DVD collection
Jun 04, 2009, 01:16 PM
In case you guys with pick-ups might want to see how others have accomplished the red-neck pool. Remember, free admission to the Henderson Fly-In on 7/11 if you bring a pool.
Jun 04, 2009, 05:55 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Those guys are amateurs!!

Back in my cruising days, I use to fill the bed up, and I had bought a couple of 12 volt rv watter pumps, and built up a pvc pipe system that had hot tup jets every foot....load that into the bed and offer free hot tub rides to any girl willing to get in! made for loads of fun when they would dis-robe and climb in the back!!

Tim
AG4RZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmidgett
In case you guys with pick-ups might want to see how others have accomplished the red-neck pool. Remember, free admission to the Henderson Fly-In on 7/11 if you bring a pool.
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Jun 04, 2009, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
Those guys are amateurs!!

Back in my cruising days, I use to fill the bed up, and I had bought a couple of 12 volt rv watter pumps, and built up a pvc pipe system that had hot tup jets every foot....load that into the bed and offer free hot tub rides to any girl willing to get in! made for loads of fun when they would dis-robe and climb in the back!!

Tim
AG4RZ
Can't wait to see it in July. Should be plenty of time to get those old pumps reconditioned. Maybe even upgrade to 4s lipo power!!