Jul 01, 2001, 01:41 PM
G.F. beurling
Thread OP

Will Futaba "Conquest" crystal work in the "6x" tx.

I'd like to be able to pull the frequency crystal out of my old Futaba 4 channel Conquest transmitter, and pop it into the Futaba 6x Super Series transmitter. (I plan on obtaining a used 6x transmitter cheap, which naturally will not likely have the same frequency channel in it as my receivers.)

Are the crystals from these two Futaba tx's interchangable?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2001, 06:56 PM
Changing crystals on the Tx is illegal in the US. I don't know whether the crystal you have is compatible or not, but if you buy a Tx on one frequency you are obliged to send it in to a service center to have it changed to another.
Kind of wonder why they put it right there on the front, and sell replacement crystal sets..
..a
Jul 01, 2001, 10:46 PM
G.F. beurling
Thread OP
Hmmm...If that's the case, then what do you think my chances are of me finding a used 6x transmitter real cheap$$ in channel 28 ???

It must be that they would consider changing the crystal something like piracy. Yep! It makes sence that they would prefer I buy a whole NEW transmitter, or receiver to accomplish the necessary matching frequencies.
Jul 02, 2001, 03:38 AM
If they are both FM transmitters the crystals are almost certainly compatible. You'll note that Andy didn't say it doesn't work just that the FCC don't want you to do it.

In the rest of the world it is both legal and common to chage Tx crystals, even in 72MHz sets identical to those used in the US.

If you do decide to become an outlaw make sure you do a good range check and if possible it would be a good idea to do an adjacent channel check (i.e. check on the ground that your Tx does not interfere with the channels either side).

OTOH the charges for changing the crystal and setting up are not going to be that high and you would then have confidence that your new Tx is in good condition and properly tuned. Your choice .

Steve

Quick Reply