Oct 08, 2006, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Micropro 8000 or Microstar 2000 TX's anyone on here using either?

Anyone on here still using the best Tx ever made? The Micropro 8000, or it's newer descendent the Microstar 2000 ?
I am flying version 5 with the new Eprom in mine.

Actually after flying a JR 9303 for awhile, it has now become very evident that the Micropro is the the better Tx and much easier to program.
I am thinking of getting a Microstar 2000 also.

Okay so it's not ergonomic, and it's also not made from plastic, metal case, metal sticks, and programs with the sticks.

Switchable from AM to FM modulation with a flick of a switch.

And being a HAM radio operator I can not only have my own private frequency, but I can also work on it myself.

And the best part, it's made in the USA !!!

Would like to hear from my fellow Micropro and Microstar owners.

Ed,
Flying mostly sailplanes and also the most advanced full scale GA airplane of its time, an Erco Ercoupe.
N99879
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2018, 09:29 AM

microstar 2000 help

Hi I am from sweden and have issues to calibrate my GA 2000 encoder. I bougt a Encoder-kit from USA six or seven years ago and a freind try to build it for me. It took long time and last year we vas ready to try it. It wont start. I send a mail to Tony Stillman and he took it in for service. He find serval issues on it,serie-resistors have wrong value( that comes in the kit) and diods mounted wrong vay. He managed repare it, start it and send it back to me.Now it is with the JR service-man in Sweden and he havel mount it i my Proline competission (metal) Single Stick transmitter. He can start it but if more then one channel-funktion is conected to the mainboard it starts to act nervous so he cant calibrate one single channel. All channels act the same.I need help to find the issues and get it working. Is it some-one out there who can that radio and have time to take a look at it, and hopefully fix it help.
Best regards Ragnar
Aug 30, 2018, 05:04 AM
supreme being of leisure
all of the pots need to be adjusted for correct voltage range BEFORE connecting them to the encoder board...this is especially true is you're using the traditional unregulated ~12 volts straight to the pots. without first setting the pot outputs you can easily exceed the rated voltage of the microcontroller.

if you're using the regulated 5V option then you need to set that with the mstar app before it'll work....and you still need to manually adjust the pots before connecting them to the encoder.

only after all of the above is worked out can you use the stick calibration function.

Quick Reply